The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Sydney or Aus group meetups
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:08 pm 

I'm relatively new and in truth kind or want to just hang out th fellow marines/fans. But have we ever thought about doing a get together to share knowledge, show off your etc? there's a Sydney theatre showing a reprint of aliens that could be a good hookup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:32 am 

Service Number: a02/tq2.0.12143e1
People in Sydney don't like travel interstate. LOL
We will be doing a meet up in Melbourne for a photo shoot soon enough. And it will be open to other states to come join us. As long as their costumes are up to scratch. But Even if its not finish or up to scratch. you will be welcome to attend and catch up.
But I doubt too many will travel.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:42 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.32139E1
Trigger happy wrote:

DBAA. We just don't like driving to different states and aren't going to take a prop firearm into an airline service.

I guess we could do "Armour Parties" - they are something the 501st Legion do regularly - where people hang out, drink, eat and work on their costumes together.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:11 pm 

elwyn5150 wrote:
Trigger happy wrote:

DBAA. We just don't like driving to different states and aren't going to take a prop firearm into an airline service.

I guess we could do "Armour Parties" - they are something the 501st Legion do regularly - where people hang out, drink, eat and work on their costumes together.

This 100%! Me and a friend would be absolutely thrilled to come

Post subject: Re: Sydney or Aus group meetups
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:24 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.32139E1
I probably should add that the "DBAA" bit sounds harsh but it's justified. We all have unique lives, situations and time constraints.
Melbourne is my home city. I visit a lot but my priority for visiting is not to play dress ups but to visit family members especially the one recovering from chemo.

I'd invite the NSW people over but my place is an apartment. There's a pool but no BBQ. If you need to use power tools to work on something, you'd need to bring an extension cable.