The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: How do I work with the AUCM?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:06 pm 

As Kitty explained on another thread, the AUCM members are here, but "they actively chose not to participate in the rollcall/elections as we run our own show."

Since the AUCM Facebook page is pretty locked down and the only way to add posts to it is as a visitor, I've got some lingering questions:

1. Who is in the AUCM?
2. Is everyone in the AUCM based in the east cost of Australia? If so, how do fans from other states and territories get into the AUCM so we can work with you?
3. Is the AUCM membership locked to just the people who are a part of it right now?

Other fans in Perth have queried me on this and asked why we just don't make our own "separate squad/platoon Facebook group" but I've always shot it down because there already is an AUCM that exists and is meant to cover all of the Australia fan base.

I'm just trying to understand how the AUCM works since with the AUCM Facebook group so restricted with its posting, those of us who don't regularly attend Sydney and Melbourne conventions who are fans pretty much just run rogue doing our own thing. At Supanova Perth 2022 for example, by chance alone I ended up finding two more Aliens fans dressed like Dropship pilots (and doing a damn good job of it) along with my buddy and I in our marine kits (him in the armor and I as an officer) with a fifth that we found dressed up like their Aliens TRPG Colonial Marine character.

I'd just like to be more a part of the Australia group than just a fringe. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:51 pm 
Dropbear

Service Number: A12/TQ0.0.92147E1
I am just too busy with other things to be too active these days. 'Life'. There is a facebook group called AUSCM Bayside Squad but you need to send us proof of costume to join. Not as strict as the star wars groups though.
Kitty

STRAYA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:12 am 

Service Number: a02/tq2.0.12143e1
You can start an AUCM WA branch if you like. As for joining AUCM as long as you have armour and bdus that are screen accurate to match the rest of us and built to a good standard. There is no probs. Graffiti and other personal things are ok. But the armour paint job and camo bdus must be movie style. Hope this helps.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:51 pm 

Kitty wrote:
There is a facebook group called AUSCM Bayside Squad but you need to send us proof of costume to join. Not as strict as the star wars groups though.
Kitty

Thanks! And is AUSCM Bayside east coast only? With their group being private I'll have to reach out to them I guess to find out if there are any WA members beyond the handful of rogues I already know about.

Trigger happy wrote:
You can start an AUCM WA branch if you like. As for joining AUCM as long as you have armour and bdus that are screen accurate to match the rest of us and built to a good standard. There is no probs. Graffiti and other personal things are ok. But the armour paint job and camo bdus must be movie style. Hope this helps.

I'm pretty damn close to meeting that standard even if I don't have armour that fits me yet. I'll keep working on it and let you know if I get enough interest over west for a AUCM WA branch to act as a division off the east coast AUCM.

Thanks. :)