The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: 2019 July Fanboy Expo July 12-14 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:41 pm 

Due to scheduling conflicts the date has been moved. They will be doing a halloween and fanboy dual event. They are expanding into additional space in world fair's park.

We are hoping to have a fan table at least.

In light of the success with cuddles the face hugger on an RC car, I would recommend the roaming group idea. We got tons of residual interest in our table when I roamed the floors with cuddles.

We will need help staffing the table and getting more folks in costume.

We are looking at staying at the Hampton Inn downtown. The nightly rates are slightly higher, but, they have microwave meals which can cut down on your residual meal costs substantially...

Post subject: Re: 2019 July Fanboy Expo July 12-14 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:15 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Just saw on Facebook that Bruce Campbell is going to be there as a guest. That about guarantees that I am there.

Along those lines they have stated they will be bringing in more Horror guests to go with their "Halloween in July" theme, so fingers crosse they can squeeze in some Alien(s) guests as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:28 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
Just saw on Facebook that Bruce Campbell is going to be there as a guest. That about guarantees that I am there.

Along those lines they have stated they will be bringing in more Horror guests to go with their "Halloween in July" theme, so fingers crosse they can squeeze in some Alien(s) guests as well.

Hopefully I will have my smartgun ready by then...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:43 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
bigbisont wrote:

Yes the Bruce announcement has made my day. Now I need to finish my chainsaw to have him sign. Meeting him and getting his autograph at Walker Stalker was unreal. As for us getting a table, this has not been guaranteed yet. I heard back from them this weekend. They will not be giving out any tables until they finalize the floor layout. That being said the request is in. I have also requested 2 spots for this event so we can do the charity foam dart shooting range. Like I said in previous posts I have been bothering Mr Spencer in the UK. Working the booth at the NSC over there in 2015 was great and something I want to bring over here. Right now the charity will be St Jude children's hospital. I will be working on getting the items together. Depending on what I bring will determine where I stay. The convivence of being next door might over weigh other factors. Once I get more information it will be posted. Update on the background for the photo is that I might have to resource. The company I was going to order from has had their supplier close shop. This has put all immediate orders in doubt. I am looking for someone around here. I would like to get new banners, cards, and the photo backdrop printed at the same place. Again hope you can make it. If we do get the extra booth, we will need all the help we can get with both the table and shooting range.

Thanks!

Greg

Newell, Greg A
Gman
Alabama - USA
Still using phrasing.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
http://facebook.com/666gman