The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: 2018 Knoxville, TN Fanboy Expo Comic Con June 29 to July 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
2018 Knoxville, TN Fanboy Expo Comic Con June 29 to July 1

https://www.facebook.com/fanboyexpo/
https://fanboyexpo.com/

Make your hotel reservations as early as you can. I will check to see how far out you can make them.

Please, pester the fanboyexpo and facebook page if you want predators or another aliens cast reunion. They do respond to fan requests.

We will try to reach out to the event organizer to see if we can have more options for activities at the event for the group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:00 am 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
I have secured a fan table at this event. More information as I get it. Do not know if the turn out will be as large as last time. All depends on the guests but we will have more props. Bishop will be making an appearance for sure along with some facehuggers.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject: Re: 2018 Knoxville, TN Fanboy Expo Comic Con June 29 to July
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 am 

June event is a local big event. Average is 30k or so folks I think.

The October event was a bit slow because there were 3 other cons going on that weekend nationally. We also had the Vegas incident scaring many off. I can assure you Knoxville has one of the best emergency response programs in the state if not the country. That is coming from FEMA from Nashville that participated in our last disaster drill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:44 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ3.0.02118E1
We had a great time in Knoxsville. Hope we can be there again soon.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 am 

Drake555 wrote:
We had a great time in Knoxsville. Hope we can be there again soon.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:50 pm 

OK, just got word back from Fanboy and they are hoping to get the group discount code implemented this coming wednesday.

Also I am working more on marketing and media presentations. I will have 4 gig microsd cards avaliable and I can throw together a picture slide show with ease and throw it up on youtube for everyone. The more I help the more I do and the more I do the more I learn.

I am wrapping up getting a final slide show puttogether of our 2016 trip and a collage of all the trips this weekend.

I am hoping between everything I can get enough subscribers to change the channel name to something intelligible link wise. For now to find the video either search for "cobra shipwreck" in youtube. in google search for "youtube cobra_shipwreck." Or you can just go here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4KYYS ... ZeiU6lcjdA

Sorry but I am not paying money to have a business channel dedicated to this especially after Youtube's monetization rule changes. I have a bad feeling youtube may be on its end of days soon, so I am trying to get things to where everything can get recreated a little more easily...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:02 pm 

OK, there does not appear to be a fan discount code. It appears that this is landing on a holiday weekend to boot so rates are up this year. Also, as of right now only 39 rooms are available at the holiday inn. Book your rooms now! Hampton Inn is the next closest. Looks like room costs are going to be about 150/night and up. Book your rooms now if you don't want to drive or use a bus/trolly. THere are hotels downtown but things fill up quickly...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:41 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
gman666 wrote:
I have secured a fan table at this event. More information as I get it. Do not know if the turn out will be as large as last time. All depends on the guests but we will have more props. Bishop will be making an appearance for sure along with some facehuggers.

Thanks!

Greg

Alright we have the table and the crowd traffic is going to be huge! No Aliens guests there but Ron Perlman from Alien 3 will be. I am impressed with the list although to be selfish I wish there was more Aliens. Be sure to come by! If anyone wants to share a room I have another bed available at the Holiday across the street. We will be displaying an updated banner with QR codes. It is based off the previous banners other groups are using that Paul designed. I added some QR codes. Again this will be a great event!

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:39 pm 

If anyone is new to Knoxville, message, email, or PM me and I can help you run down acceptable accommodations. There are a few crack motels in the area you will want to avoid...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:56 pm 

OK, update:

They are allowing you to pick up fan packages and tickets earlier on Thursday. This even will be massively huge!

I am checking in on Thursday evening at the Holiday Inn. I will offer to stow items in my room for anyone that arrives early and needs secured storage.

I will also have some good stories from my mission trip this past week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:34 am 

Greetings all;

Still can't 100% be sure, but I "hope" to be there Saturday, if I can wiggle out of a prior family commitment.