The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Knoxville, TN FanBoyExpo
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:50 pm 

I went last year and the year before, and the Expo in June this year, and June was the first time at the door where they have had security there with the wands checking for real weapons....I don't have any kit so have not been affected....just putting that info out there for those taking props with metal parts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Space Jockey wrote:
I went last year and the year before, and the Expo in June this year, and June was the first time at the door where they have had security there with the wands checking for real weapons....I don't have any kit so have not been affected....just putting that info out there for those taking props with metal parts.

The recent situation at another con has resulted in the increased security. I am no stranger to having replicas checked and peace bonded.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:56 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
I have cross posted a link to this thread over at predatorium. I am trying to get us some predators in addition to me to appear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:07 am 

In light of some of the grumblings regarding dragon con and other concerns when I man the table on Friday I will be working on painting up the marine armor for saturday. I have the base green I just need to do the woodland camo with liquitex but am concerned it won't look proper without some input.

Try to have fun and recruit new members. The children are our future, getting them interested will help as well.

My goal on this event is to recreate the dragon con event. Not what it is now, what it was and what everyone remembers and loves that is dear to their heart.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 am 
'Nuff said.

This keeps getting bigger and bigger. Both members of ADI have been announced! I have submitted pics of last years fan table at DragonCon and of the group before the parade. We will have a table there and might be asked to do additional tasks as the date gets closer. They are really excited to have us there! Remember to put what days you are attending even if you are not staying.

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
2. gman Friday-Friday night if I have to work, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn.
3. gman guest Friday-Friday night if I have to work, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn.
4. bigbisont
5. bigbisont guests (1-3 most likely)
6. Blivet
7. Harley Quinn (Joker's Wife) (no, really I am not joking on this one)

Thank!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:00 am 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Got regular Saturday tix (for wife and self) prior to Goldstein's involvement. When she signed on, I had to upgrade to VIP. Waited too long on the hotel though. We'll be at the Hilton Garden Inn just shy of a mile out.

Also my dad, son, and wife are all confirmed (all in our aliens gear/costumes Saturday.).

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
2. gman Friday-Friday night if I have to work, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn.
3. gman guest Friday-Friday night if I have to work, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn.
4. bigbisont (All day Saturday. Sunday possible, but only if efforts prove useful to group in morning)
5. bigbisont's 3 guests (Dad, wife, son - all in costume. availability same as above)
6. Blivet

Last edited by bigbisont on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 pm 

OK, I have submitted first draft for the parade route as per local codes. I will be attending the special events meeting next Thursday. I should have a final answer and total costs by then.

Update: I can at least get rough costs on this for next time. I may have to nix this for this go round.

Last edited by knoxvilles_joker on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 am 

Mantroon wrote:
Does this parade have the blessing, for want of a better word, of the con?

That I am working on. Fanboy is very slow to respond this close to the con. If I find the costs are steep I may have to abandon the plans.

Update: plan is abandoned for this go around. I will still gather information and proceed with interest to see what I need to do for next time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:47 pm 
'Nuff said.

Guys be sure to share this event with everyone you think would be interested. The guests are making me very excited. I cannot wait to get out and meet everyone!

Join The Aliens Legacy group October 6-8, 2017 for this event at FanBoy Expo Totally Awesome Weekend in Knoxville, TN! For years we have tried to get DragonCon to get Alien guests to no avail. Now this looks to be what we have been asking for! Join us for a SPECIAL CAST REUNION OF ALIENS and meet the cast including Michael Biehn (Corporal Hicks), Lance Henriksen (Bishop), Carrie Henn (Newt), Cynthia Scott (Corporal Dietrich), Daniel Kash (Private Spunkmeyer), Alec Gillis (Creature FX Artist), Ricco Ross (Private Frost), Jenette Goldstein (Private Vasquez) and Tom Woodruff Jr. (FX Artist and “Man in the Suit”) http://fanboyexpo.com/totallyawesome/
Attachment:
20882193_10156561734959937_3295171964864880684_n.jpg
20882193_10156561734959937_3295171964864880684_n.jpg [ 36.23 KiB | Viewed 12126 times ]

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
4. bigbisont (All day Saturday. Sunday possible, but only if efforts prove useful to group in morning)
5. bigbisont's 3 guests (Dad, wife, son - all in costume. availability same as above)
6. Blivet

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 pm 

I will try to bring tools for some basic repair kits in case anyone has equipment malfunctions. The folks in Knoxville are very respectful and other than being packed like sardines later on in the day it is a lot of fun walking around the convention center.

The concerts in the past have been on the top floor. The Q&A panels are also on the top floor, but sometimes the second floor. The costume contest last time was on the second floor.

If you wall want to do individual or group participation in the costume contest let us know. To improve odds of folks winning discussions during the con may be approrpriate to see how we want to handle group versus individual participation. Any decisions if any would be made after everyone has had their say in the matter. I want unity, not discord.

We have some killer cosplayer artists local to Knoxville. One gal's mother I work with and her latex applications are movie quality and is about to get into the movie industry on account of her skills.

Another makes his own costume and he will be showcasing his new functional centaur costume.

Also bear in mind the movie industry has bases here for lighting and electrical crews, food trucks that go throughout the southeast and are awesome, camera and production houses. We are also the seat for this federal district as well so a lot of firms have representative offices here in addition to whatever they have in Nashville AKA Music City. Legal firms also have a strong representation in the city as well in additoin to whatever they have in Nashville.

We also have Digitrax entertainment based here which is the reformed chartbuster karaoke company after big mamas karaoke cafe went belly up after the Abko v. Stellar court ruling killing the karaoke industry.

All that said be careful which way you choose to go on the costume contest as you are competing against some costumes that might actually give some at dragon con a run for their money.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:59 pm 

There were some great costumes there in June when I went. This will be the first time I've seen any Marine armor in person so I'm looking forward to this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 am 

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.32265E
Man, I'm trying to see if I can make it and see if my buddy with his smartgun will show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 pm 
THAT guy

After some mild suspense regarding vacation day approval, I will be there with my fam for most of Friday after all.

*edited: no longer any extra ticket

anyways...

Readyline:
1. knoxvilles_joker
4. bigbisont (Friday & Saturday all day, Sunday AM possible but not real likely)
5. bigbisont's wife
6. bigbisont's son
7. bigbisont's dad
8. Blivet
9. Harley Quinn (Joker's Wife) (no, really I am not joking on this one)

Last edited by bigbisont on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 pm 
'Nuff said.

Gary Busey has been announced! I have been waiting forever to get his autograph and meet him! I can also confirm we will have a bug there along with a Ripley. Coming along with the bug will be a Vasquez and Ferro!

Quote:
After some mild suspense regarding vacation day approval, I will be there with my fam for most of Friday after all.

Great news! I am still on the fence what time I will be getting there Friday. We can discuss next week!

Quote:
Speaking of which, would love to trade my extra 'Saturday only' ticket for a 'Friday only' ticket.
(you could buy a Friday maybe...then take my Saturday in trade?!? Basically get a saturday for half off!)

I would contact the con and see if they can do a trade. If I did not already have my tickets I would.

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
4. bigbisont (Friday & Saturday all day, Sunday AM possible but not real likely)
5. bigbisont's wife
6. bigbisont's son
7. bigbisont's dad
8. Blivet

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:08 am 

gman666 wrote:
Gary Busey has been announced! I have been waiting forever to get his autograph and meet him! I can also confirm we will have a bug there along with a Ripley. Coming along with the bug will be a Vasquez and Ferro!

Quote:

Great news! I am still on the fence what time I will be getting there Friday. We can discuss next week!

Quote:
Speaking of which, would love to trade my extra 'Saturday only' ticket for a 'Friday only' ticket.
(you could buy a Friday maybe...then take my Saturday in trade?!? Basically get a saturday for half off!)

I would contact the con and see if they can do a trade. If I did not already have my tickets I would.

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
5. bigbisont's wife
6. bigbisont's son
7. bigbisont's dad
8. Blivet

Thanks!

Greg

My wife (Harley Quinn) is doing the beginnings of a Vasquez minus the smart gun and headset and has full Hicks armor instead...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 am 
THAT guy

Gonna have at least 3 Vasquezes then! That will be my wife too.

Good call btw, Greg. The con responded with the quickness. They hooked me up with a good solution.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:43 am 
'Nuff said.

bigbisont wrote:
Good call btw, Greg. The con responded with the quickness. They hooked me up with a good solution.

They have been great so far. We can discuss more next week!

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 pm 

Just a friendly reminder this is coming up beginning next month...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:32 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.82152F1
Hey I'll be there as Ripley to kick some alien ass! See everyone then!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:45 pm 
'Nuff said.

Ok guys and gals DragonCon has come and gone so let's get ready for Knoxville!

Join The Aliens Legacy group October 6-8, 2017 for this event at FanBoy Expo Totally Awesome Weekend in Knoxville, TN! For years we have tried to get DragonCon to get Alien guests to no avail. Now this looks to be what we have been asking for! Join us for a SPECIAL CAST REUNION OF ALIENS and meet the cast including Michael Biehn (Corporal Hicks), Lance Henriksen (Bishop), Carrie Henn (Newt), Cynthia Scott (Corporal Dietrich), Daniel Kash (Private Spunkmeyer), Alec Gillis (Creature FX Artist), Ricco Ross (Private Frost), Jenette Goldstein (Private Vasquez) and Tom Woodruff Jr. (FX Artist and “Man in the Suit”)
http://fanboyexpo.com/totallyawesome/
Attachment:
aliens3-1024x222.jpg
aliens3-1024x222.jpg [ 77.26 KiB | Viewed 11733 times ]

All VIP tickets include free admission to the Friday Night Concert!
FANBOY EXPO’S TOTALLY AWESOME WEEKEND
FRIDAY NIGHT CONCERT
LIVE FROM THE WORLD’S FAIR PARK AMPLITHEATER
Join us for a blast from the past music show featuring some of your favorites from the 1970s,80s and 90s.
FRIDAY OCTOBER 6, 2017 @7:30PM
FEATURING:
TIFFANY, TOMMY TUTONE, MARC MARTEL, LEIGH NASH, CHERIE CURRIE, STACEY Q, TIMMY T & RANDY JONES
Attachment:
ta-concert.jpg
ta-concert.jpg [ 790.35 KiB | Viewed 11731 times ]

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
2. Harley Quinn (Joker's Wife) (no, really I am not joking on this one)
3. gman Friday-Friday night if I have to work, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn.
4. gman guest Friday-Friday night if I have to work, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn.
5. bigbisont (Friday & Saturday all day, Sunday AM possible but not real likely)
6. bigbisont's wife
7. bigbisont's son
8. bigbisont's dad
9. Blivet
10. Emmaripley
11. Rhonda Rkn Payne is bringing BUGSsss and 2 additional marines

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 pm 
'Nuff said.

Got confirmation of our table. We will be booth 704.

Join The Aliens Legacy group October 6-8, 2017 for this event at FanBoy Expo Totally Awesome Weekend in Knoxville, TN! For years we have tried to get DragonCon to get Alien guests to no avail. Now this looks to be what we have been asking for! Join us for a SPECIAL CAST REUNION OF ALIENS and meet the cast including Michael Biehn (Corporal Hicks), Lance Henriksen (Bishop), Carrie Henn (Newt), Cynthia Scott (Corporal Dietrich), Daniel Kash (Private Spunkmeyer), Alec Gillis (Creature FX Artist), Ricco Ross (Private Frost), Jenette Goldstein (Private Vasquez) and Tom Woodruff Jr. (FX Artist and “Man in the Suit”)
Attachment:
aliens3-1024x222.jpg
aliens3-1024x222.jpg [ 77.26 KiB | Viewed 11616 times ]

FRIDAY NIGHT CONCERT
Join us for a blast from the past music show featuring some of your favorites from the 1970s,80s and 90s.
FEATURING:
TIFFANY, TOMMY TUTONE, MARC MARTEL, LEIGH NASH, CHERIE CURRIE, STACEY Q, TIMMY T & RANDY JONES
Attachment:
ta-concert.jpg
ta-concert.jpg [ 790.35 KiB | Viewed 11616 times ]

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
3. gman Friday-Friday night if I have to work, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn.
4. gman guest Friday-Friday night if I have to work, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn.
5. bigbisont (Friday & Saturday all day, Sunday AM possible but not real likely)
6. bigbisont's wife
7. bigbisont's son
8. bigbisont's dad
9. Blivet
10. Emmaripley

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:06 am 

Map of the booths:
http://dealer.fanboyexpo.com/wp-content ... RPLAN%20(1).jpg

Per Man we have booth 705 and if past cons are indications that will put us right next to the 501st.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:50 pm 
'Nuff said.

Only a few hotel rooms available at the Holiday Inn next door! I have space for 2 roommates. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will be checking in Friday and out Sunday. We will have a table at booth 704.

gman666 wrote:
Got confirmation of our table. We will be booth 704.

Attachment:
aliens3-1024x222.jpg

FRIDAY NIGHT CONCERT
FEATURING:
Attachment:
ta-concert.jpg

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
6. bigbisont's wife
7. bigbisont's son
8. bigbisont's dad
9. Blivet
10. Emmaripley

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:36 am 
'Nuff said.

All discounted rooms with the convention code have sold out. I told you this was going to happen and to reserve the rooms early with no charge/cancellation up till the day before. You can still get rooms but they are 159-167.00 a night before tax.

I still have room for 2 roomies in my double room on the executive level. 100.00 each for the weekend checking in Friday and out Sunday.

Readyline:

1. knoxvilles_joker
3. gman Friday, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn. Have room for 2 roomies.
4. gman guest Friday, all day Sat and Sun. Staying at the Holiday Inn. Have room for 2 roomies.
6. bigbisont's wife
7. bigbisont's son
8. bigbisont's dad
9. Blivet
10. Emmaripley

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
SMMFD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 pm 

The Tennessean has rooms available. Their number for reservations is 844-413-0026. They are right next to the Holiday Inn, but room rates start in the 200 range for very upscale lavish amenities.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next