The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: Comicpalooza Aliens Cast Reunion HUS TX June 17-19 2016
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:10 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

Service Number: A35/TQ9.0.13706E5
lhugueny wrote:
I'm seriously thinking of attending. Who else is going? I'm really not much of a cosplayer, except when it comes to Aliens. I don't know why but I've always been obsessed with this film. I'm a professional YouTuber, are we allowed to vlog at this event?

I don't think there are any restrictions, except when it comes to guests. Because they are doing paid photo sessions, I imagine that any photographs/videos of them will be prohibited.

I will be there in armour, running the fan table and putting on three panels. Will also have a xeno on hand during the event. I believe the show organisers wi;; want to use the xeno for some publicity pieces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:10 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

Merged Comicpalooza threads

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:33 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
lhugueny wrote:
I'm seriously thinking of attending. Who else is going? I'm really not much of a cosplayer, except when it comes to Aliens. I don't know why but I've always been obsessed with this film. I'm a professional YouTuber, are we allowed to vlog at this event?

To second what Mantroon said, in my experience they are MILITANT regarding cameras and the 'talent'. They charge for pictures, so they don't like anyone taking them or recording for free.

I was at a very similar Aliens reunion at the Calgary expo 2 years ago and the enforcement was absurd.
Some weren't bad. For example Goldstein was great and happily posed for pictures (with a paid autograph, anyways) on personal devices.

However, I was in costume in the Weaver autograph line they asked to check my helmet so they could determine if the camera prop on the helmet was actually recording images. Perhaps a similar fear was behind them telling me I could not take my helmet at all into a prepaid photo op. Board member Moosh was actually kicked out of the event after presenting Weaver with her Legacy gold award and a photo was taken.

This could just have been an overly excited venue staff, but our gut feeling is it was overhyped "handlers" (aka Weaver's people). The bigger the star, the more eyes they have watching you do make sure you don't profit from their meal ticket!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:43 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

Yup, what Bigbisont said.

Also, some agents never go more than 10' away from their guests. Derek Maki for example, who is representing half the cast at the show, will be watching them like a hawk. You try to put a camera near his talent in the con or outside it, he'll block you.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:23 pm 

Hey Mantroon,

Given that at the very least there will be 2 of us Colonial Marines there in USCM armor and a xeno, you want to stage & film a xenomorph encounter at some point on Saturday? Then, after the event I can use my computer to add gun muzzle flashes, blood if one or both of us pretends to be killed by the xeno, as well as sound effects and post it to my YouTube vlog channel. I have almost 100,000 subscribers on my vlog channel so it would definitely be worth the effort. Plus I think it'd be fun :D

Let me know if you're into the idea (and any other Aliens cosplayers who read this and are going too, let me know if you'd be willing to join in :D )

:delta: Logan

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:03 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

lhugueny wrote:
Hey Mantroon,

Given that at the very least there will be 2 of us Colonial Marines there in USCM armor and a xeno, you want to stage & film a xenomorph encounter at some point on Saturday? Then, after the event I can use my computer to add gun muzzle flashes, blood if one or both of us pretends to be killed by the xeno, as well as sound effects and post it to my YouTube vlog channel. I have almost 100,000 subscribers on my vlog channel so it would definitely be worth the effort. Plus I think it'd be fun :D

Let me know if you're into the idea (and any other Aliens cosplayers who read this and are going too, let me know if you'd be willing to join in :D )

:delta: Logan

The xeno might be up for it, I am going to pass. No one has stepped up to help man the fan table, so I will have to do it, plus I am hosting three panels during the con.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:39 pm 

Mantroon,

I might be able to help you man the fan table, what does manning the fan table entail? What would my responsibilities be if I helped out?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:50 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

lhugueny wrote:
Mantroon,

I might be able to help you man the fan table, what does manning the fan table entail? What would my responsibilities be if I helped out?

Just chatting to folks, telling them about the group, fielding any questions people may have. The usual.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:51 am 

Mantroon wrote:
lhugueny wrote:
Mantroon,

Just chatting to folks, telling them about the group, fielding any questions people may have. The usual.

Cool! I'd love to help out, count me in! I could probably man the table on Saturday anytime between 4pm and the end of the day. I might have to do a quick 10-15 minute work-related interview, but other than that I'd be free to help give you a break for a few hours, in full Colonial Marine armor of course :delta: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:22 pm 
Sgt. Munkey

Panel schedule is up:

Friday Jun 17, 2016

10:00 am - Alien Declassified :: Panel Room 18 (372C)

2:30 pm - On the Ready Line - Aliens Cosplay 101 :: Panel Room 12 (352A)

Saturday Jun 18, 2016

10:00 am - Alien Encounters - 25 Years of Superior Fan-power :: Panel Room 14 (352F)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:42 am 

Unfortunately I fly into Houston Friday night so I'll only be able to attend the Saturday morning panel "Superior Firepower". Looking forward to it :)
Also, I'm so thrilled to announce that I will be personally interviewing Carrie Henn (Newt), Ricco Ross (Frost) and Cynthia Scott (Diedrich) on Saturday for a video that is being produced for Maker Studios, the company I work for. I will post more info about that too :D