The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Dragoncon 2023
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:17 pm 
USCM Ambassador

Service Number: AO2/TQ1.0.1233E1
Is anyone organizing for this?
Is anyone interested in this anymore?
The interest in supporting a Fan Table has gone...
The interest in the "once traditional" Saturday night dinner appears to have disappeared as well.
While the parade sign up has come and gone, is anyone organizing a Colony Sweep? A Photo Shoot?

Well, there were some FANTASTIC TIMES long ago as Colonial Marines, as Xenomorphs! Lots of Laughter and Camaraderie with old Friends.

Perhaps we should start a "Photos of the Colonial Marines at Dragoncon"? A Tribute to the Past. We've lost Members and it would be fun to share those stories of friendship. Of Chris Chulamanis, who was the Heart and Soul of the Colonial Marines.
Forget the bickering of the past, let that be in the Past.

But we should remember the good times, the fun, the smiles, the joy, the FUN!!

USCM- The Colonial Marines- A Brotherhood of Bad Asses!

Post subject: Re: Dragoncon 2023
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:09 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
I will be there and i am for setting up a photoshoot. I think dragoncon has their photoshoots open. I feel in 2019 the photoshoot was well attended by membership and non members. As for the colony sweep, i think it should be more of us just going through each hotel getting pictures vs an organized skit as it was in the pass. D*C has gotten too big for those fun times. As far as the parade, i know i do not have any desire to wake up early saturday, but if there are a lot of members who want to do the parade again, i would be in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:43 pm 
USCM Ambassador

hunterkiller86 wrote:
I will be there and i am for setting up a photoshoot. I think dragoncon has their photoshoots open. I feel in 2019 the photoshoot was well attended by membership and non members. As for the colony sweep, i think it should be more of us just going through each hotel getting pictures vs an organized skit as it was in the pass. D*C has gotten too big for those fun times. As far as the parade, i know i do not have any desire to wake up early saturday, but if there are a lot of members who want to do the parade again, i would be in.

Those were fun Times weren't they Mike?!?!

Yes, the Colony Sweep of old, is long gone. Too many people to wind through. A couple times I organized outdoor "sweeps", scouting the areas the previous day.
Perhaps something like that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:45 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Hollis DZC wrote:
Well, there were some FANTASTIC TIMES long ago as Colonial Marines, as Xenomorphs! Lots of Laughter and Camaraderie with old Friends.

Perhaps we should start a "Photos of the Colonial Marines at Dragoncon"? A Tribute to the Past. We've lost Members and it would be fun to share those stories of friendship. Of Chris Chulamanis, who was the Heart and Soul of the Colonial Marines.

I don't believe DCon is in the cards for me this year, but I loved the 3 I attended and really plan on doing more. It is always on my radar, even if unlikely this round.

As to the above idea, I do think a "Tribute" post sounds pretty cool. Something like a "highlights of DragonCon history" post in the "Ready Line" would be lots of fun. Maybe it would remind people how much fun it can be to get together in person and highlight just how much swagger this group can have. Worst case we get a lot of awesome pictures and stories. What isn't to love?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:29 pm 
USCM Ambassador

bigbisont wrote:
Hollis DZC wrote:

I don't believe DCon is in the cards for me this year, but I loved the 3 I attended and really plan on doing more. It is always on my radar, even if unlikely this round.

As to the above idea, I do think a "Tribute" post sounds pretty cool. Something like a "highlights of DragonCon history" post in the "Ready Line" would be lots of fun. Maybe it would remind people how much fun it can be to get together in person and highlight just how much swagger this group can have. Worst case we get a lot of awesome pictures and stories. What isn't to love?

Yessir!! It would be a lot of Fun!!