The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:28 pm 
Perfect Organism
User avatar

Location: Hampshire
Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
Country: United Kingdom
Amazing work! Jealous of the talent (and the space and time ... ;) )

What convention are you going to?

:xeno:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:27 pm 

Country: France
thank you!
the convention is in france,it calls "toulouse game show" it s an event on manga and science fiction movie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:14 pm 

Country: France
hello,
i juste came from a convention and i wear the suit for the first time
now i wood like to find an old factory to make good fotos
hope you enjoy because it was a really big work...
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:30 pm 
Perfect Organism
User avatar

Location: Hampshire
Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
Country: United Kingdom
Oh man! That's amazing - love the colour-scheme!

:xeno:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:33 pm 
User avatar

Location: Canadian HIVE
Country: Canada
WOW!What a NICE LOOKING XENO!GREAT WORK:)
BUGSssss


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:24 am 

Country: France
i find other pics
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:10 am 
I Don't Roll on Shabbas
User avatar

Country: United Kingdom
Nice work. Liking the Clint Eastwood snarl


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:23 pm 

Country: France
hello i made a shoot in a studio
i ll have some other pics later
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:41 pm 
Perfect Organism
User avatar

Location: Hampshire
Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
Country: United Kingdom
Awesome! I love how the paint looks in the light. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:45 am 
User avatar

Location: Nor Cal
Country: United States
This looks amazing! :D
It makes me want a xenomorph costume even more haha


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:51 pm 

Country: Dominican Republic
Hello guys, hope you are doing well.

I want to know where can I find the latex molds to make my costume. I am a little desperate since I am running out of time for my company's costume contest on the 29th.

Do you have any you don't use and you are willing to share or do you sell it? Where can I buy one of this molds?

Regards from Dominican Republic,

Reynaldo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm 

Country: United States
reynaldox3 wrote:
Hello guys, hope you are doing well.

I want to know where can I find the latex molds to make my costume. I am a little desperate since I am running out of time for my company's costume contest on the 29th.

Do you have any you don't use and you are willing to share or do you sell it? Where can I buy one of this molds?

Regards from Dominican Republic,

Reynaldo.


If you are wanting to compete in the pro grade costume contests you will need to make your own moulds. If you pull some all nighters you can make what you need.

Plus this is a little late in the game to get such things. Most builders are 6-9 months lead time on orders, plus to cast another mould you are looking at a while to cure.

Have you done moulds and casts before?

_________________
The impossible takes a while longer and goes over budget too...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:00 pm 

Country: Dominican Republic
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
reynaldox3 wrote:
Hello guys, hope you are doing well.

I want to know where can I find the latex molds to make my costume. I am a little desperate since I am running out of time for my company's costume contest on the 29th.

Do you have any you don't use and you are willing to share or do you sell it? Where can I buy one of this molds?

Regards from Dominican Republic,

Reynaldo.


If you are wanting to compete in the pro grade costume contests you will need to make your own moulds. If you pull some all nighters you can make what you need.

Plus this is a little late in the game to get such things. Most builders are 6-9 months lead time on orders, plus to cast another mould you are looking at a while to cure.

Have you done moulds and casts before?

Thanks for answering! I am planning to compete on my work's halloween contest. I have a few days until the 29th. Any ideas of any other cool homemade costume I can do to win? I can't find anything.

PD: I have never done moulds before.

Thanks in advance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:55 pm 

Country: United States
reynaldox3 wrote:
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
reynaldox3 wrote:
Hello guys, hope you are doing well.

I want to know where can I find the latex molds to make my costume. I am a little desperate since I am running out of time for my company's costume contest on the 29th.

Do you have any you don't use and you are willing to share or do you sell it? Where can I buy one of this molds?

Regards from Dominican Republic,

Reynaldo.


If you are wanting to compete in the pro grade costume contests you will need to make your own moulds. If you pull some all nighters you can make what you need.

Plus this is a little late in the game to get such things. Most builders are 6-9 months lead time on orders, plus to cast another mould you are looking at a while to cure.

Have you done moulds and casts before?

Thanks for answering! I am planning to compete on my work's halloween contest. I have a few days until the 29th. Any ideas of any other cool homemade costume I can do to win? I can't find anything.

PD: I have never done moulds before.

Thanks in advance.


Start some searches on youtube. You can find what you need on mould making and using sculpy clay. AS you are in the dominican Republic the stores would be different, but here in the States Joann's, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby would have the needed ingredients for making a mask and mould to some extent.

I would recommend getting onto http://monstermakers.com. That is Stan Winston's website and he sells a whole monster mask making kit. You just need to use the clay. predatorium.com has a whole littany of lists and information on costume making, but for a finished suit you are looking at 3000USD minimum. The studio grade suites are about 20-40k USD depending on what you find, and collectors or movie used suits are even more expensive.

The base for the suit is usually a wet diving suit for the xenomorph, and a mister incredible costume for a predator budget build. On both you are just layering on latex to achieve the desired effects. Do not expect to spend any less than 1000USD on materials going this route. For your latex paint and rd-407 do not skimp on ebay, USE monstermakers official product only. There is a ton of science and cheats in production to lower costs and cheapy products will lead to a severe costume malfunction at the worst possible moment.

snake pit studios and pit viper studios are good sources for quality costumes and skin suits. They also have a month or two lead time so a couple of weeks before halloween is a bit much.

I would recommend fun.com if you are wanting any sort of store bought costume as their customer service is top notch and their product quality is fairly good and they are geared to respond timely during the halloween season.

Alibaba.com and aliexpress are all chinese knock off goods and you are looking at a month lead time just on shipping and sometimes even more to clear customs, assuming things don't disappear at customs.

_________________
The impossible takes a while longer and goes over budget too...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: my xenomorph costume
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:18 pm 
reload
User avatar

Location: Hamburg
Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Country: Germany
Amazing suit. Great photos.

_________________
Sgt. Frank Peters 'reload' Smartgun Operator
A03/TQ3.0.12136E1 "It will be no picknick!"
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:31 pm 

Location: ATX
Country: United States
Awesome! This is great! Excellent job!

I want to make a full suit for myself one day.

One day.

_________________
"I'm working on it ... "


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:08 pm 

Location: DKM Bismarck
Service Number: A27/TQ4.0.48215E9
Country: Germany
Awesome pics...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:43 pm 
Giraffes. Talk to me.
User avatar

Location: Nottingham
Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
Country: United Kingdom
I'm glad this got bumped, I'm in awe of the work done here

_________________
Cpl. JK "Hybrid" Knight. A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
XO HMS Valhalla; 13th Regt. 1st Batt. "Freebooters" - USCM Flight School "Bus drivers".
"I'm not saying it was Aliens but...."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:01 am 

Service Number: a02/tq2.0.12143e1
Country: Australia
Awesome suit make well done. You should consider selling the raw pulls.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:39 pm 
Marine Raider
User avatar

Location: USS FREEMONT
Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.92155E1
Country: United States
Gahh that’s amazing!! Great job on the suit!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:37 pm 
Chernobyl
User avatar

Location: Indiana
Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.42157E1
Country: United States
Oh that looks awesome! Well done!

_________________
Not one step back!

A05/TQ1.0.42157E1 SGM Gilbert, M "Chernobyl" - U.S.S. Blackhawk
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: