The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: UK : VCR Bill implications for 'Trooping.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:22 pm 
Quote:
Quote:You tried buying one recently? All out of stock. Pressure from the Government during the recent proposed new gun laws has been placed on manufacturers of Blank Firing Guns in Italy and Germany not to export Blank Firing into the U.K. Both these measures are designed to slow down or stop sales of Blank Firing Guns in the U.K.

Actually, I believe that first began several years ago, around 2002/2003. There was a big stink about blank firers and such at the time of the Anti-Social Behaviour Act being passed, and it then transpired that most blank firers in the UK were not actually authorised for sale - no authorisation required to show that the weapon, and all those in the line, are acceptible for use (i.e. not convertible for use with live rounds and not made of monkey metal). A crackdown on a wide range of BF firearms began, and since then very few have actively been available. Most of the BFs available today in the UK are made on home soil.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:10 am 
So pretty much anything gun shaped is bad. Unless a member of the public can determine if it's a real gun. Good luck with that one..:roll:

-----------------------
My WebPage... Of d00m!

It's the 21st Century and where are the flying cars...??
-I was *promised* flying cars.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:50 am 
Yep, 're-enactment' groups / troopers are fooked unless they get organised into a recognised group, and airsofters are fooked unless they can prove they are 'skirmishers', through registering on a database etc.

[cynic]Love this country, so I do...[/cynic]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:01 pm 
Well I can see two different discussions going on here.

The first is the carrying of weapons in public and as a venue manager I have to deal with this one all the time.

When I have Star Wars events I have to inform the local Police that the event is happening, there will be Stormtroopers carrying "space blasters" (notice not guns!) and they will not leave my private property while carrying them.

This was a little more difficult with the UKCM at the last event and you are all aware that I had to post up aout transportation and where you could and couldn't go.

As to the new legislation this is nothing to do with the above and relates purely to the selling and importing of anything that can be seen as a weapon, including sharp sticks.

I have spoken to our C&E bloke and even with our museum exemption certificate we would find it hard to import anything that resembles a weapon.

This will mean that people who build, cast, make, sell etc... will have to look at ways round the exchange of cash and those of you who find great deals in America will no longer be able to ship them over "officially".

We are off to C4 in May and have been told that taking the E11 to the States will not be a problem, bringing it back... more chance of rocking horse shite!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:18 pm 
^

Uness you can prove you have a legitimate reason for bringing it into the country.

i.e. "Being a member of a legitimate re-enactment group".

As far as I'm aware, such groups are going through a similar process to Airsoft retailers / players / sites.
Hence this post - I'd hoped the 501st would have been ahead of the game and would know better than I do what the score is.

Have emailed a few local lads who do AS and WWII reenactments.
WIll report back when I have their views.