The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: got my new toy today!!! :D :D
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:30 pm 
my nice shiny new airsoft pulsey turned up this morning :D

got a few questions though... what battery does it take? volts and mah
theres no sling loops, where do i get them, and wheres the safest place to attatch them?
who was it who sells the replacement mag bottoms?
and most importantly... do i customise it, dirty it up a bit? or keep it all sexy and new? :P cant decide :P
Pvt Rich Dowling
A35/TQ2.3.47306E4
UKCM

Post subject: Re: got my new toy today!!! :D :D
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:57 pm 
Hey Rich

Nice one mate. Looks cool.

It takes these batteries

Stick Battery

There are no specific loops to buy for it. When I had mine like that I bought a couple of loops from B&Q. They will attach quite safely to the stock and the barrel vent. Although this will probably scratch the paint up a bit.

The mag bottoms were made by Matt Noble but I believe his current run will be the last one, at least for a while.

Cheers

Darren

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:00 pm 
cheers mate! and another question... bit of a dumb one.. how do i put bbs in the mag? lol
do i flip open that little door type thing on the top and pour them in? and whats with the wheel on the bottom?
Pvt Rich Dowling
A35/TQ2.3.47306E4
UKCM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:06 pm 
yeah, you flip open the little door, pour them in. DO NOT put them in through the other hole where they come out of or you will knacker the mag.

When you close the door you have to wind the wheel to feed the BB's up into the main chamber. When using these mags you will have to keep winding the wheel periodically in order to feed more BB's in.

Darren

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:02 am 
Wind the wheel til it goes "click click click click click click clickLUNK click clickLUNK".

That's it fully wound up.
Tickle it every few bursts thereafter to keep it wound.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:11 am 
You gotta sexify that thing 300%!
[img]http://www.pbase.com/image/57648740/large.jpg[/img]
<span style="color:lime;]Cpl. Dom "SharP" Beaudoin - USCM Service Number Registrar
A10/TQ1.0.92147E1
<span style="color:yellow;]Need a USCM service number assigned to you? E-mail me at [url=mailto:cplbeaudoin@hotmail.com]cplbeaudoin@hotmail.com[/url]
<span style="color:red;font-size:large;]The USCM Challenge Coin! Get yours <span style="color:blue;font-size:large;]here<span style="color:red;font-size:large;]!

[img]http://www.pbase.com/image/68371348/original.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:05 pm 
~jealous~ Nice one, Rich! :)
[img]http://bk-coffeehouse.cottages.polycount.com/images/bk-sig2.png[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:24 pm 
A word to the new owner of a airsoft Pulsey.

Depending on time the weight caused by carrying it round by the vent and stock may cause the shroud to separate slightly 'causing the contact for the readout to go to 00. Easily sorted though. Tiny little bend to the metal micrswitch thingey makes a more positive contact.

Also the stock retraction button is a little flimsy. Be carefull with it. Although if you do break it, it's another easy fix.

Finally. Dont put the rifle down on it's stock. The stock is metal but the butt plate isn't. If you put it down too hard you may break it.

Apart from that, Enjoy..:)
-----------------------
My WebPage... Of d00m!

It's the 21st Century and where are the flying cars...??
-I was *promised* flying cars.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:26 pm 
im dying to have a play with it! but cant get a battery until saturday :( and got my 1st airsoft game in a few weeks :D
found a small problem with it though... when i pull back the grenade launcher, the shell cover doesnt go all the way back, and when its closed, theres a gap on the back edge, i can see the gold part of the shell inside. anyway to adjust it? i been waitin for one of these for so long, im scared shitless of taking it apart! haha:lol:
Pvt Rich Dowling
A35/TQ2.3.47306E4
UKCM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:54 pm 
Rich, it sounds lie the ring that goes around the tube inside the GL section and connected to the pump grip has not been put in the correct position on the tube and this would cause a gap. You would have to take it apart to correct this. Beware though that the spring behind the GL front block makes it diificult to get the block back into position. I ended up reducing my spring by half.

Darren