The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: A L I E N prequel update
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:35 pm 

Service Number: A06/TQ1.0.72153E1
RustiSwordz wrote:
Thanks mate. And yes i hope the AH script is not the one, at least no until massive rewrites.

Pretty much, I mean I can appreciate avant-garde sometimes. I like movies that make me think, and I don't mind shock. Heck 2 of my favorite movies are Oldboy and American Psycho.

I just think AH was not an Alien script. It just didn't work for me at all. It seems like a completely different universe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 pm 

I stumbled onto this:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/ri ... iar-fossil

Inside was an interesting quote which I believe points to Alien Harvest not being the real script.

Quote:
I think the "space jockey" is somehow the pilot and he's part of a military operation – if that's the word you want to apply to his world – and therefore this is probably some kind of carrier, a weapon carrier, a biological or biomechanoid carrier of lethal eggs; inside of which are these small creatures that will actually, fundamentally integrate in a very aggressive way into any society or any place it's dropped.

The two bolded statements are what struck me, because these things are not touched in the script at all. In the entirety of the script the Aliens are never hinted at as being a weapon by the Growers, as a matter of fact those of you that read it know the Grower wasn't even aware the 'weaponized' Alien was in his ship and at the time of the crash the eggs inside weren't lethal.

I don't know, its just the phrasing, because in the script the Aliens are really a terraforming device not a weapon. So how Scott phrases this is telling me that either something in the script has fundamentally changed, or this script isn't the real one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am 
"There's never enough whiskey..."

Service Number: A11/TQ0.0.82157E1
omg i hope they dont do the 3d thing! it was overrated in avatar, and im gonna be so disapointed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:36 am 
Meat's free. Gotta work for the gravy.

My ''gutt feeling'' tells me that this is going to tie the movies together, by that I mean the races...aliens/humans/and predators...for a long time the rumor's have always been that a un-known race was responsible for cloning and biologicaly creating the ultimate hunting creature for the predator species...Again I for one hope this is far from the truth...hope it is just my twisted mind playing tricks...but...I feel like these new movies are going to do this. My money is on the plot, that the derlect crash landed ship [stargazer] was en-route to deliver a shipment of eggs to this predator world...of course the humans get there first...probably set up the preds to make an appearance in the second movie...Again,....I hope all that is me talking...the alien franchise should stay aliens...and predator movies stay predator...hated the AVP series. Is there any concrete evidence that the preds will not be in these movies...?

I know that when the original script was written, the predator scripts were not even thought off, but you know how hollywood has money on there minds, I just hope they don't go crazy, and try to do the AVP route...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:21 am 

if that were the case id seriously be upset. honestly everything after alien 3 and preadtor2 was horrid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:43 pm 
Rusti Fried Chicken

DR STROMM wrote:
My ''gutt feeling'' tells me that this is going to tie the movies together, by that I mean the races...aliens/humans/and predators...for a long time the rumor's have always been that a un-known race was responsible for cloning and biologicaly creating the ultimate hunting creature for the predator species...Again I for one hope this is far from the truth...hope it is just my twisted mind playing tricks...but...I feel like these new movies are going to do this. My money is on the plot, that the derlect crash landed ship [stargazer] was en-route to deliver a shipment of eggs to this predator world...of course the humans get there first...probably set up the preds to make an appearance in the second movie...Again,....I hope all that is me talking...the alien franchise should stay aliens...and predator movies stay predator...hated the AVP series. Is there any concrete evidence that the preds will not be in these movies...?

I know that when the original script was written, the predator scripts were not even thought off, but you know how hollywood has money on there minds, I just hope they don't go crazy, and try to do the AVP route...

I very much doubt the Predators will have anything to do with it if Scott has his way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQLRMIGA2I

Nice 1 Mr Scott. No effing Predators!

A12/TQ0.0.72138F1 ECG Daborn, R RustiSwordz South East England-UK
'In Space, there is no Horse'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:41 pm 
Mad Cat

Service Number: AO3/TQ6.0.79749E8
Scott has been quoted as saying that he envisioned the derelict ship and it's pilot as a war wagon, supplying weapons to a far off battleground.

It's a boot!"

III drops

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:56 am 

See thats what I needed to hear...fingers crossed...I will burn everything alien and predator related if they join the two...can't handle avp all over again...lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:11 am 

DR STROMM wrote:
I hope all that is me talking...the alien franchise should stay aliens...and predator movies stay predator...hated the AVP series. Is there any concrete evidence that the preds will not be in these movies...?

I hated the AvP movies, but AvP as a series has had alot of great stuff come out of it. The books were good and AvP2 was one of the best shooters of last generation (heck, I think its still solid today aside from the graphics).

That being said I don't think the Yautja will show up here, as already indicated in a previous post, but also because Fox seems to want to divide the two series up again.

Supposedly AvP is done in film (they aren't going to do a 3rd), and they have put Scott up for 2 Alien prequels and Rodriguez up for 2 Predator films. There may be some cross-over, but I would expect it to be more like Predator 2 where its little cameos as opposed to full on involvement with both Alien species.

I really think too, in my heart-of-hearts, that Scott wants to make the Space Jockeys/Growers out to be the 'architects' of everything (whether intentional or unintentional) rather than insinuate they were little more than 'scientists for hire' for the Yautja.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:55 pm 
Mad Cat

That's what I was thinking, that the "battle front" could be a war with the Predators.
But I have to agree, this would be too tidy, and make the Aliens universe a bit too small, just like all the crap in the Star Wars prequels. Anakin builds 3PO, who then becomes property of Owen Lars and ends up tagging along with Luke, who is of course Anakins son.

Just too small a circle to be acceptable.

It's a boot!"

III drops

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:23 am 

I know its a possibility, I just don't see that happening.

They have stopped AvP and have invested money in the two franchises seperately... I don't know why they would waste their time trying to combine them again. If they wanted to do that, why wouldn't they just make another AvP? Heck, the situation you are describing is a perfect setup for it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:34 am 
Lifer

You all just saw me go ape over a tan Pulse Rifle.

How do you think I'll react to the tiniest smattering of a connection between the Xenos/Space Jockeys and Predators in this prequel? :evil:

Oh yeah... It'll be a meltdown of epic--- nay... cataclysmic proportions! :lol:

Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Service Number: A06/TQ2.0.65181E6
Dude, did you take your meds this week?

:D

I kid! I Kid!

Russ

http://www.rookscastle.com
http://www.alchemyarms.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:50 pm 
Mad Cat

I don't think we have to worry about a Predator connection in the prequel. I believe Scott has said he doesn't care for any of the AvP stuff.
Of course FOX could try and make him add it in, but I don't know if Scott still commands the respect he did when he filmed ALIEN. If he does, it's his way or the highway.

It's a boot!"

III drops

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:26 pm 

Probably already answered this question in other areas, but will ask it anyway....If the star-gazer had his chest ''blown'' out from a baby alien...were did that alien go,.? Would't Dallas and his crew bumped into it...It would have been protecting all those eggs...also the interior of the ''gazers'' ship was almost an adzact replica of what the alien hives look like...for the aliens to create there hive structures, identicle to the gazer's architecture, show's some kind of genetic im-printing towards the alien's....which would definitly mean some kind of genetic splicing...does anyone know if this is covered in the original script, or back story.

Even the chair has alot of designs in it, that looks alien [hive-ish] haha don't know if thats a real word. I would like to see a photo of the hive compared to the interior of the crashed ship....maybe I'm wrong in thinking it looks similar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 am 

im really wanting this to really feature giger. i mean his artwork is horrifying and yet stragnely alluring.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:04 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.12144E1
DR STROMM wrote:
Probably already answered this question in other areas, but will ask it anyway....If the star-gazer had his chest ''blown'' out from a baby alien...were did that alien go,.? Would't Dallas and his crew bumped into it...It would have been protecting all those eggs...also the interior of the ''gazers'' ship was almost an adzact replica of what the alien hives look like...for the aliens to create there hive structures, identicle to the gazer's architecture, show's some kind of genetic im-printing towards the alien's....which would definitly mean some kind of genetic splicing...does anyone know if this is covered in the original script, or back story.

Even the chair has alot of designs in it, that looks alien [hive-ish] haha don't know if thats a real word. I would like to see a photo of the hive compared to the interior of the crashed ship....maybe I'm wrong in thinking it looks similar.

The alien is fossilized into the landscape. The crew of the Nostromo were supposed to walk past it. And the shot was supposed to be seen by Ash through Kane's helmet video feed as the Dallas, Lambert, and, Kane walked from the Nostromo to the Derelict.

Here's a pic (courtesy of Maledoro from AxP):

The upper circle is the beastie, the lower circle is supposed to be Dallas and Lambert.

This image was included in the Topps ALIEN trading cards.

As far as the prequel goes: I think it's a bad idea. We don't need to see living breathing Jockies on screen. ALIEN does not need a prequel, it doesn't need to be "explained." It stands on its own. A prequel will only serve to insult the collective intelligence and imagination of the saga's fan base. I will not see this (nor it's planned sequel) in the theater. ...This is the first ALIEN-related film that I have not looked forward to on some level. There were so many avenues that could have been explored in the ALIEN universe - this was not one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:34 am 

That is mind blowing...I never knew there were aliens fossilized in the land scapes...which would ''hint'' that they do have a limited life span...that , or they do need to feed. Do they actualy show this in the original movie [ a glimpse of the fossilized alien , in the landscape]
I agree that they should not show a living/breathing ''star gazer'' what strikes me as kind of odd, is that the ''gazer's '' look like they don't realy have a mouth...if this is the case...how did the ''hugger'' im-pregnate him/her. maybe I didn't see the face good, do they have mouth's,?

Ok..just looked at a pic, and they do have a mouth. It's kinda off to the sides.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:01 am 
Rusti Fried Chicken

I agree that a prequel is a bad idea. I like the idea of a ship crew say 100 years after the events in Aliens/Alien 3, maybe finding a second derelict or maybe even an derelict sj space station and the horror of the exploreres as they perhaps fiddle with the technology which turns against them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:25 pm 

Well its just the day and age we live in, people confusing plot holes with suspension of disbelief... over-reacting to sequels, etc.

Its why prequels are such a cop-out in my opinion, but an obvious one. Most people when they walk out of a movie naturally develop pre-conceived notions of what happened after, and they get attached to those specific characters and envision what happens (one of the major reason why I think Alien 3 is so disliked).

Most people don't have any vision of what happened before the movie, and so when a prequel is made naturally are more open to variations.

My personal problem is in the Aliens-universe, I seriously think pre-Alien storylines are going to be boring. As I've said before, and I am sure multiple people here are with me on this one, you have a span of decades between any of the 4 movies released thus far where very interesting storylines could develop. I personally think the space between Alien and Aliens... You have 40+ years of LV426 to play around with before the colonists get there and some really, really interesting stories could develop out of that which are completely disconnected from the two movies its sandwiched between.

What about a wayward military installation built on the outer-rim picking up the explosion of the Nostromo going to investigate, finding the beacon, and bringing eggs back? BOOM! You have a brand new storyline that is set in a familiar, established portion of the universe but separate enough that you could experiment with things.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:50 pm 
Rusti Fried Chicken

I prefer no connection at all, by going back to the old derelict (already done twice) you are going back over old ground, you can easily include a simple explanation that say a second derelict (maybe a bigger ship of a differewnt configuation) was park of a convoy or something but still keeping the idea fresh enough. The fact is the Alien Universe hasn't been done to death like Star Trek or Star Gate so the room to be creative is quite large. By going back to the planet you are restricting that openess. I want to see more of the Alien Universe not tread old ground.

But thats just me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 pm 

Well I wasn't saying that was the only story or anything, I was saying that I would find that story more interesting while still using the same established universe. Ultimately the prequel is going to function on the same established universe, I was trying to spin an example where you could use the same universe but not be confined to something more 'fixed' (i.e. we already know the end).

If we are forgoing that, yeah I am with you... So much landscape in the Aliens universe hasn't been touched, with how big the core systems and outer-veil is in the universe and for us to really experience 3 systems is kind of silly, and with the Aliens being an allegory for an extreme view of evolution (along with the sexual aspects) its possible to do all kinds of stories.

Its why I will never buy when someone says the originality has been squeezed out of the series, I think its only because Aliens was so instrumental in shaping Sci-Fi Military and so many people in various aspects of entertainment are worried about originality.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:19 pm 
Rusti Fried Chicken

Ok its been announced the art-department has started producing starship concepts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:19 pm 
You there! Get me a Turkey!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.62157E1
Thedus wrote:
Here's a pic (courtesy of Maledoro from AxP):

The upper circle is the beastie, the lower circle is supposed to be Dallas and Lambert.

WOW Mike, thank you!!!
I had no idea this even existed and to be honest, never even thought about the alien coming out of the SJ/Gazer to be huge.

We know the aliens hibernate (so to speak) because they were all curled up in the walls of the hive in Aliens.
Makes you wonder, was it still alive just in such a deep state of hibernation that it would have trouble waking up?
The SJ/Gazer was fossilized.....I can't see anything staying alive that long without nutrients.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:51 pm 
Mad Cat

I assumed that whatever came out of the SJ died long ago since it was never seen, plus the fact that there didn't seem to be a whole lot on the planet surface that one could eat.

Without any victims to bring back, nothing to eat, it probably wandered off and died.

It's a boot!"

III drops

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next