The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: I'm not dead yet....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:41 pm 
Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. Got SERIOUSLY slammed at work, and major busy at home with moving, clean up and trying to set up shop again, etc. Spare time turned into veg'ing out with a DVD or a little online carnage with Battlefield 2142.

So, what's happening right now?
DROPZONE COPERNICUS, BABY!!!
That's right. After roughly six years of pre-production we are officially kicking the tires and lighting the fires on production. This past Friday and Saturday we did the basic blue screen setup prep, and an in-depth lighting (and hopefully match-move) test in the warehouse we've rented for $5k (ouch!!!). We'll be in principal photography each Friday & Saturday in March, then we haul a$$ in post production to try and get the film ready by SDCC in late July.

What's this mean for the prop projects that I've been "working on" for so long? Gonna' be a little more delayed, but I probably will be working on them some once we hit post-production (just a safety valve from burn-out on the movie). That and a few airsoft games if the Ft. Ord field gets back online ;)

Stay tuned folks!

Thanks Rex! You're gonna' rock in DZC :D

Jesse
"Happiness is a warm smartgun."

Post subject: Re: I'm not dead yet....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:13 pm 
Jesse -

Just the man I've been trying to get hold of! I'm glad you popped back up on the forums.

Your absolutely bad-ass M56 rig's got me inspired to do one of my own, and I'm told you're the man to talk to about kits for the headset and some of the pieces for the gun (I heard you make resin casts of the front struts, etc.) I'd like to do business with you if that's the case :)

I'm also definitely planning on putting an EyeTop camera rig in the headset eyepiece and a wireless cam on the smartgun, when it's all finished and I can afford the camera setup.

Please send me a PM on the boards or email me at outcry27@yahoo.com when you have time in your busy schedule, I'd love to hear your advice.

-Sean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:33 pm 
Who's this Jesse guy???

hehe....weve missed you bro!!!!

Derek
Pvt.
D.Smith
A04/TQ1.0.62147E1

Name: Chris "FNG" Chulamanis
Mission: Bring him back alive....no matter the cost.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:55 pm 
I'll get in touch with you on e-mail Sean. Rest assured I've seen it :)

Thx Derek ;)
Jesse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:32 pm 
Jesse,
I know your swamped so didn't want to bug you, but would you mind including Wookieegunner@highlandcitadel.com on that email to Sean?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:09 pm 
HEY HEEEEEYYYY! IT'S JESSE!!!!!! :D

Good to hear from you again Bro!

Kevin

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDnAloXyJBkYBZV7s*Kj9!1Bc8b0FJ!WEmX8BpHJk8yRyABH697OsLy1Bm1knQrHcDDdHqDnRAmyoDB6vy6w!ASmCM57J8W6cyCxY8Y84TWwwCw7UVNAA/Burton%20004.JPG[/img]

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human. This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:59 pm 
Glad to hear you are ok...but another move??!!:shock:
"How lucky are the few who know where they belong."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 am 
Still the same move that happened in November. Just the garage clean up and setting up shop has been MUCH more of a PITA :(

There was ALMOST another move when one of my two roomies and I had a bit of a mis-understanding, but that's been worked out.

Jesse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 am 
Welcome home Jess, nuf said ;)
[img]http://www.colonialmarines.net/Banner.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am 
Yeaaaaah Jesse!! We are going to rock DZC!! It is awesome and we've just begun!!

And brothers, as for that Smart Gun rig...Hooooo-Rah!! I'm loving it ever-single-second that I see it!!

Hell, Jesse done such a fine job on it, you would swear it came STRAIGHT from the movie! It is accurate, comfortable, and Moves Just Like The Original!

One word to describe it:

PHENOMENAL!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:15 pm 
And maybe after we finish principle photography on DZC I can finally get kits done <sigh> :roll:

Jesse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:51 pm 
*grabs a tent and a sleeping bag and camps out in line for smartgun kit*

hehe - any chance we could buy plans from you in the event that there won't be any kits ready in time for DragonCon, Jesse?

I can't wait to see this film, by the way. The trailer looks great.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:57 pm 
Jesse? Wait a minute... our Jesse?

Welcome back brother! We've missed you! :)

Sounds like you've been busy -- I can't wait to see this film project finally wrap for you guys. I'm sure it'll have been well worth the wait... for everybody!

We're happy you checked in...

[img]http://www.ripstick.com/USCM/images/DC_2005_Jesse_MG-56.jpg[/img]

:D
Rick "Ripstick"

[img]http://www.ripstick.com/USCM/images/Ripstick_Aliens_Legacy_Banner_2006.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:47 pm 
Thx Rick :)
J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:38 pm 
Welcome back man, I was worried you'd gotten cocooned or somethin'!
Chris

<span style="color:orange;font-size:large;]"Long live the fighters!"