The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Xeno Dagger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:41 pm 
Hyas all. Been away awhile. Thought I`d post a pic of an AVP prop I co-created with a gentleman named Dave Pirkle. Yeah it is a Predator Ceremonial Dagger, but I thought you peeps might like the AL()EN skull handle angle.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs412&d=07...C02200.jpg

This 1 belongs to a good friend in San Diego. The blade was MirraChromed. (ALSA) The total length is 20 1/2". I will be making a Giger`d bone scabbard to match.

Hope ya dig it.

Post subject: Re: Xeno Dagger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:31 am 
Coming from a big fan of knives... I say I like it... although it looks heavily inspired from Gil Hibben's Double Shadow.
<span style="color:lime;]Cpl. Dom "SharP" Beaudoin - USCM Service Number Registrar
A10/TQ1.0.92147E1
<span style="color:yellow;]Need a USCM service number assigned to you? E-mail me at [url=mailto:cplbeaudoin@hotmail.com]cplbeaudoin@hotmail.com[/url]
<span style="color:red;font-size:large;]The USCM Challenge Coin! Get yours <span style="color:blue;font-size:large;]here<span style="color:red;font-size:large;]!

[img]http://www.pbase.com/image/68371348/original.jpg[/img]

Post subject: Re: Xeno Dagger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:02 pm 
Well, the blade is taken from the Aliens Vrs. Predator movie. THAT is the movie blade shape. The handle is just a straightforward Alien skull stylized to work with the blade shape. So, maybe ADIs designer looked at some existing shapes and copied a tad. hehhhehhe

Thx for your critique.