The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:35 am 

sulaco steel also has a great instagram page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:21 pm 

Hi everyone,

I came here to discuss and learn about recreating the prisoners and staff costumes from Alien 3. I stumbled across the forum while doing searches on the costumes. I had no idea that there'd be other people out there who are also interested in recreating and wearing these costumes. It was a very pleasant surprise. I honestly couldn't even believe my eyes. I'd been reading the threads on this subject before I decided to join the forum.

I am happy to be here.

Schreiber

“It's stenciled on the back of your shorts.“

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:59 am 

Schreiber you came here at a great time, there are a lot of Alien3 things going on right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:06 am 

That’s great to hear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:08 pm 
Mercenary

That’s just because Alien 3 ist the best Alien movie... ;-)

"I didnt always work on a spaceship"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:55 pm 

Controversial opinion!

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:50 pm 

Hello, my name is Steve Deleeuw. from North Carolina. I'm 30 years old. been loving Aliens since I was introduced to it as a kid in Jr High back in 2003 or so.
I have two Spat Cave Colonial Marine armors one for that I'm making my own full helmet with shoulder lamp once I get the mounting bracket and figure out how to mount it. I did custom graffiti on the armor but I based my name on Harrison from AVP 2. Loved that game growing up and still do! but I may change it and base my marines name after my favorite character from the Galaxy's Edge novels. My GF has her Vasquez (after Hive ambush) and we plan to take the second armor kit and make it her Teresa "Tequila" Aquila from AVP 2010. we've only done.
I have a Hollywood Collectible Pulse Rifle, but I'd love to get a Flame Thrower. That's about it from me at this time. Hope to meet you all soon someday and troop with you at Dragon-Con on any Con in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:42 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Welcome Steve!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:55 pm 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 am 

Hi everyone !

I’m Frank and i’m from Quebec. Long time alien fan. Got into cosplay 5 years ago with Star Wars and always wanted to make a colonial marine. Built my first M41 last year to kill time at the start of the pandemic. Now building a second one and decided to start building the entire costume. Currently shopping for the armor. Happy to soon be a part of the colonial marines.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:00 pm 

Hello all,

So I walk out of a movie theater in 1986 with my dad having just seen Aliens. Felt like I literally just got off a roller coaster. I remember telling him I wanted to join the Marines (I was 13), being former Army, he said something along the lines of “no you don’t, and those guys acted nothing like real Marines.” So of course, 9 years later I graduated boot camp at Paris Island and 20 years after that, retired from the real life USMC. Point I’m making is this movie really affected me in a positive way, and I still enjoy learning more about the Alien universe and behind the scenes stuff as well. I’m getting my 2 boys into it as well, they’ve seen the first two movies, and we just ordered our first Matrix M-41As (appreciate the reference threads,BTW). I also have two of the old Halcyon Dropship and APC model kits which I plan on building with them someday. Oh almost forgot- my first name is Sean.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76