The Aliens Legacy
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/

Introduce yourself
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5853
Page 72 of 74

Author:  JockThePilot [ Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Moosh89 wrote:
Ahh! I'm from the part of Canada that says "bunnyhug" instead of "hoodie" :lol: Nice to meet you!


Ha ha ha I have friends from out there and I still think that's a weird term. ;)

Author:  Dune5712 [ Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael, a big Alien fan from Portland, Oregon. I've currently got Matsucorp building me one mean pulse rifle and (hopefully - boy, it has been taking a while) TE himself queuing up a full set of armor for me. I'm also communicating a lot with Chef of ChefsCreations for accessories. He seems to be connected with TE.

Anyway, I am definitely making "my own" marine with plenty of modifications, so I look forward to showing them off to you guys!

-Michael

Author:  retrogarde [ Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hey Michael,

looking forward to seeing your full kit. Those are some of the best vendors out there (plus TE who is obviously the Holy Grail) so you are sure to have a fantastic end result. Welcome!

Author:  USCMwannabe [ Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi,

I am Sean from Kirkland, WA. I am currently putting together a Hicks Build to go with my friends completed smart gunner build. I will let you know how it goes once I start getting stuff. Does anyone do any events in the Seattle Area? I am a Rebel Legion member of Alpha base so I am used to doing some organized activities.

Author:  hunterkiller86 [ Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

USCMwannabe wrote:
Hi,

I am Sean from Kirkland, WA. I am currently putting together a Hicks Build to go with my friends completed smart gunner build. I will let you know how it goes once I start getting stuff. Does anyone do any events in the Seattle Area? I am a Rebel Legion member of Alpha base so I am used to doing some organized activities.

the USS columbia is covers events in Oregon and Washington. check in the USCM sub forum for information on the battalion.

Author:  Dune5712 [ Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

retrogarde wrote:
Hey Michael,

looking forward to seeing your full kit. Those are some of the best vendors out there (plus TE who is obviously the Holy Grail) so you are sure to have a fantastic end result. Welcome!


Thank you so much!

I have already taken some photos as I slowly secure accessories ahead of the armor and M41A, but I suppose I should save those for a separate thread later on down the line : )

Author:  SCOTT [ Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Greetings! Long time Alien fan, I was 5 when I saw TV commercials for the film, became obsessed and have been ever since! I've still got the original Kenner doll. Saw Aliens and was completely blown away. You don't understand, I had to make sure my girlfriend liked these movies before I married her! :lol:
Here I am, a fourty-something year old guy still obsessed with the franchise. I don't own equipment, I'm more of a tabletop role player and wargamer, but I love details about the setting and reading peoples ideas about it.

Author:  retrogarde [ Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Welcome Scott! Do you ever play the Leading Edge Aliens RPG? When I was a teen my friends and I tried it. We ended up just mining it for details and using our own Hausgemacht rules. Good times!

Author:  SvenK1971 [ Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mein Name ist Sven Korte, ich komme aus Marl,NRW, Germany.
Ich bin Alien und Predator Fan.
Ich bin 46 Jahre alt und ich habe eine Tochter.

My name is Sven Korte, I'm from Marl, NRW, Germany.
I am an alien and Predator fan.
I am 46 years old and I have a daughter.

Author:  bobamatt [ Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

Hi everyone! Longtime 501st member here, looking to broaden my horizons by joining the USCM. I've got armor on the way and will be picking up bits and bobs here and there.

We've got a crew of three or four people in Northern Indiana who are currently working on Aliens/USCM gear.

Happy to be here!

Author:  Drake555 [ Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

bobamatt wrote:
Hi everyone! Longtime 501st member here, looking to broaden my horizons by joining the USCM. I've got armor on the way and will be picking up bits and bobs here and there.

We've got a crew of three or four people in Northern Indiana who are currently working on Aliens/USCM gear.

Happy to be here!


Welcome! bobamatt! Will you guys be coming to Indiana Comic Con, March 30,31 April 1? I drove out there from Colorado last year. My kids and grand kids had a blast! I'm planning on going back this year. Hopefully we can meet up.

Author:  hunterkiller86 [ Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introduce yourself

bobamatt wrote:
Hi everyone! Longtime 501st member here, looking to broaden my horizons by joining the USCM. I've got armor on the way and will be picking up bits and bobs here and there.

We've got a crew of three or four people in Northern Indiana who are currently working on Aliens/USCM gear.

Happy to be here!

make sure to check out the USS blackhawk. The battalion covers members in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana.

Author:  underlyingboss3 [ Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:19 am ]
Post subject: 

Hello there!

New member here, please bear with me! I am eager to join the Corps. On a side note, I am not entirely new in costume groups as I am with the 501st Legion; however, when it comes to joining the Corps I am clueless. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! I hail from Saskatchewan, Canada. It is a very small province that probably does not have any USCM member (I may be wrong). If that is the case, then I aim to be the first USCM member in my province.

Author:  Moosh89 [ Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

underlyingboss3 wrote:
Hello there!

New member here, please bear with me! I am eager to join the Corps. On a side note, I am not entirely new in costume groups as I am with the 501st Legion; however, when it comes to joining the Corps I am clueless. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! I hail from Saskatchewan, Canada. It is a very small province that probably does not have any USCM member (I may be wrong). If that is the case, then I aim to be the first USCM member in my province.



Oh hell YEAH! There's 3 of us from SK now (rectangle power!) Welcome underlyingboss3! Feel free to message me about anything. (And the rest of you guys/girls reading too!) I will do my best to point you in the right direction

I'm from northwest-central SK, up by Meadow Lake which is about 3 hours north of Saskatoon. I do a lot of travel down to Saskatoon in the summer. Our other SK member is Jinx (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2289), she's down in Moose Jaw. We're pretty spread out!

Welcome to everyone else as well!

Author:  Radar [ Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

hi everyone

im radar, but my real name is Brett and im from Brisbane australia im a star wars cosplayer who is coming across to the uscm world to join the aucm and im looking to put together a drop ship pilot costume still in the research phase but so far i need a helmet black boots a flight suit/ flak jacket and patches? correct me if im wrong currently awaiting my service number

Author:  Moloch [ Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

SvenK1971 wrote:
Mein Name ist Sven Korte, ich komme aus Marl,NRW, Germany.
Ich bin Alien und Predator Fan.
Ich bin 46 Jahre alt und ich habe eine Tochter.


Hi Sven,
kennst Du die German Colonial Marines ?

https://www.facebook.com/colonialmarines/

Ansonsten ist das Aliens Legacy Forum hier fats ausschließlich englischsprachig.
Grüße

Marco

Author:  SvenK1971 [ Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

yes, I know them.

Author:  ClockworkJackal [ Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

hi, my name is Ryan James "jackal" Stenning
I've been a long time fan of the Alien franchise, especially Aliens
I only recently developed an interest in cosplay and I really look forward to joining everyone on combat drops
I'm 16 (17 on the 8th of Feb) and live in Norfolk, England, Europe
I was born in Essex, England, Europe on 8th Feb 2001
... and I have no idea what else to say XD

Author:  stimpy [ Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Welcome aboard. Nice to see that some of the younger generation are aliens fans! What costume will you go for?

Author:  577_ops [ Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

ClockworkJackal wrote:
hi, my name is Ryan James "jackal" Stenning
I've been a long time fan of the Alien franchise, especially Aliens
I only recently developed an interest in cosplay and I really look forward to joining everyone on combat drops
I'm 16 (17 on the 8th of Feb) and live in Norfolk, England, Europe
I was born in Essex, England, Europe on 8th Feb 2001
... and I have no idea what else to say XD


Welcome Ryan.

You can find the planned UK drops here: http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewforum.php?f=31

Author:  Banzai88 [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hello from SoCal! Been studying all the cool films in the Ridleyverse and of course the props and costumes therein. Have a Nostromo jacket made now; working on a [concept] USCM pilot jacket. Also have a [concept] Narcissus maintenance crew jacket planned too. I'm Banzai88 on all the forums i follow. I hope to gather some good intel here!

Author:  retrogarde [ Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:00 am ]
Post subject: 

Hey man! I think I bought some Prometheus suit stickers from you years ago on the RPF! Welcome to AL, I'm excited to see what you build next!

Author:  ClockworkJackal [ Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:35 am ]
Post subject: 

to answer your question Stimpy, I'm gonna go for some colonial marine gear

Author:  ClockworkJackal [ Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

577_ops wrote:
Welcome Ryan.

You can find the planned UK drops here: http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewforum.php?f=31


thanks, but at the moment I can't afford any gear so I'm trying to save for a military uniform I can add patches to. and luckily I have a friend who is willing to make me a pulse rifle for £40, which is far cheaper than normal

Author:  Heartbreaker [ Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hello fellow Marines!, I'm Liza from Germany and new to the GERCM and to cosplay alltogether. Right now I'm a Smartgunner but I want to do Rifleman some day too!
I thought I'd say hello to my new family here, haha. So if you want to know anything, ask me. I don't bite, I only shoot.

Liza

Page 72 of 74 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/