The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:33 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Welcome Marines! :delta:

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:40 pm 
Bug Stomping Since Birth

577_ops wrote:
Welcome Marines! :delta:

Thank you, Sarge!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:46 pm 

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.32140E1
Leatherneck66 wrote:
Morning all, names Glenn. Prior Marine and fan of the Colonial Marines of the distant future. Saw action as enlisted flight crew/ Door gunner in the Marine Corps while attached to CH46 / CH53 squadrons. I am wanting to portray the future Corps by way of Drop Ship crew/pilot. Im wanting to start by altering my flight helmet to a screen accurate example. Are there resin or any other kits one can purchase to get this done, the end caps appear very involved and complicated. Pleased to meet you all. SEMPER FI

Once you've posted enough to get access to the PX thread there are people there who offer the required parts. I'm working on an SPH-4 modification myself for my flight crew build (by working I mean I've gathered up the parts, but haven't actually started cutting into things yet 8) ).

Welcome aboard to all new members!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:03 am 
"Smart"-Ass

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.72156E1
Leatherneck66 wrote:
Saw action as enlisted flight crew/ Door gunner in the Marine Corps while attached to CH46 / CH53 squadrons.

Welcome aboard, Crewman. I used to maintain 53s when I was active... you have my sympathy. :lol: "If it ain't leaking, it's empty," am I right?

M-56 Smartgun Operator, A/3Btn, II CMEF, USS Sephora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:27 am 

Service Number: A11/TQ2.0.22146E1
Hey all, Josh here. I'm a fire fighter in the Charlotte area. Have been in the hobby since 2000 on the old Almeyer's Folly forums and used to do cons with Spat and his folks when I lived in LA and hung out in NYC. I'm still on the Marine registry as a California Marine, but am now in NC. Getting a second costume together. Have a full set of combat gear, armor, cammies, weapons, but now working on the green utilities and starting service greens.
Likewise a US Marine infantry combat vet. Happy to be here!!

USS M. Harrigan, Charlotte NC AOR
"Death in the Dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:26 am 

Howdy All,
I'm Jeff, been a lurker on the site for a while, always been a fan of the first 2 movies. Finally starting to get things together for a live-fire PR build so I'll be scouring the forums for info and parts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:53 am 

Hello all! Finally got the account activated and dead excited to have joined AL!

I'm Karlie and I've been lurking on the forum for a half a year now, around the time I started researching for my first costume, which was Ripley's 1979 flight suit and shirt. I've posted my entire build, complete with a walk through guide on the RPF (you can find the link in my signature) so I won't spam you guys on here (too much). However, thought I'd give it a mention considering this is the place for all things ALIEN! Plus, any comments on the build are welcome, I'm always keen to hear suggestions for improvements!

I'm actually quite late to the franchise, as I only really got into it through ALIEN: Isolation (late 2014) but better late than never! I loved the atmosphere, set up and started binge watching the films. Then immediately fell in love with the cinematography, props, Siggy and the universe itself; coupled with my recent interest in dressmaking and costume making, it took me even further and I've ended up here!

So far, the ride has been super! Attended my first convention in late August (Glasgow Film and Comic Con/Collectormania) and met Michael Biehn himself! And more importantly, after meeting some really fantastic guys from the Scottish division of the UKCM there, I've decided to hop on board for definite; so huge thanks to the Hadrian's Wall division for making me feel so welcome! I've also managed to rope a friend of mine as Vasquez into this too, haha. Here we are at our second convention, Glasgow Comic Con in late September.

All in all, I'm super looking forward to more events with the UKCM, general chat in relation to the franchise and more importantly, the costuming and props making part of all this! Next on my list is Ripley's ALIENS costume, including bug stompers!

1979 Ellen Ripley Flight Suit
Nostromo Crew Shirt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:26 pm 
Giraffes. Talk to me.

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
Hi Karlie welcome to AL

I'm excited to see how your bug stomper build goes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:05 pm 

Service Number: A 0/5TQ2.092136G1
Hi all,

I joined here about a month ago. I love all scifi but Aliens and the Alien universe is my top hobby. I love Starship Troopers too. Dizzy Flores was my heroine in that one!

I collect anything to do with Alien/s. Even the xenomorph bottle opener!

I also love tattoos and my biggest 'triumph' is one of an alien. Took 4 hours but I adore it. It's on my right thigh. I am a great fan of H.R Giger's art as well.

Oh, forgot. My name is Fabiola a.k.a Fabi. I'm 42 and born and raised in Glasgow of Italian parents.
Used to be in an all-girl punk band as a drummer 20 years ago and gigged with the likes of Sonic Youth.

I'm only 5ft 2 so I need to take in a lot of the uniform I buy! I'm hoping to meet the Scottish contingent of the UKCM on October 31st at a Craft and Comics Fair. Really looking forward to that.

I've got Polish BDU for now but hoping to get the one on here for £200. I like to be as accurate as possible! Saving up for some armour.

So, hope to meet you all soon! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:57 pm 
reload

Welcome new joiners!

Check-out http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewforum.php?f=31 for the UK drops and/or
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewforum.php?f=33 for the other Countries.

Hope you see you soon.

@Karlie: Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing.
@JK: CU @ NSC!
@Fabi: Great to have another Xeno in the future!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:14 am 

Fabi73 wrote:
Hi all,

I joined here about a month ago. I love all scifi but Aliens and the Alien universe is my top hobby. I love Starship Troopers too. Dizzy Flores was my heroine in that one!

I also love tattoos and my biggest 'triumph' is one of an alien. Took 4 hours but I adore it. It's on my right thigh. I am a great fan of H.R Giger's art as well.

Oh, forgot. My name is Fabiola a.k.a Fabi. I'm 42 and born and raised in Glasgow of Italian parents.
Used to be in an all-girl punk band as a drummer 20 years ago and gigged with the likes of Sonic Youth.

I'm only 5ft 2 so I need to take in a lot of the uniform I buy! I'm hoping to meet the Scottish contingent of the UKCM on October 31st at a Craft and Comics Fair. Really looking forward to that.

I've got Polish BDU for now but hoping to get the one on here for £200. I like to be as accurate as possible! Saving up for some armour.

A fellow Glaswegian! I'm hoping to go along to the Craft and Comics fair too but unsure as to whether I'll pop along as Ripley or Mulan... would be nice to meet you there though! :)

@577_ops: Thank you, I'm humbled you think so!!

Nostromo Crew Shirt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:32 am 

Service Number: A 0/5TQ2.092136G1
wetcelery wrote:
Fabi73 wrote:
Hi all,

A fellow Glaswegian! I'm hoping to go along to the Craft and Comics fair too but unsure as to whether I'll pop along as Ripley or Mulan... would be nice to meet you there though! :)

@577_ops: Thank you, I'm humbled you think so!!

Ripley would be cool but I'm biased! Was reading about how you completed her outfit. Very interesting and very impressive! I'll probably go as a marine with a Vasquez-style perhaps :D

Hope to see you there!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:43 am 

Fabi73 wrote:

Ripley would be cool but I'm biased! Was reading about how you completed her outfit. Very interesting and very impressive! I'll probably go as a marine with a Vasquez-style perhaps :D

Hope to see you there!

Welp, we'll have to see! I think I'll make a choice depending on the weather lol. And thank you!! Glad to hear you find it interesting. And Vasquez is always good!

Yeah, I'll see you there! :D

Nostromo Crew Shirt

Post subject: New Recruit
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:42 pm 
Got a big ass gun and a can-do attitude

Hi my names Chris, i'm new to this outfit and a really big Aliens movie fan. As you can see by the photo i am currently building a smart gun rig, after finishing my copy of Hudsons armour and pulse rifle. The smart guns pretty much finished (i hope, it already weighs a little over 16 kg!!) and am now working on converting the camera rig to carry it. If anyone out there knows the dimensions for the chest plate, it would be massively appreciated, and will save me loads of time trying to get the measurements from movie stills. I think thats all for now.
Stay frosty,
Chris

Post subject: Re: New Recruit
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:16 pm 
reload

shelby wrote:
Hi my names Chris, i'm new to this outfit and a really big Aliens movie fan. As you can see by the photo i am currently building a smart gun rig, after finishing my copy of Hudsons armour and pulse rifle. The smart guns pretty much finished (i hope, it already weighs a little over 16 kg!!) and am now working on converting the camera rig to carry it. If anyone out there knows the dimensions for the chest plate, it would be massively appreciated, and will save me loads of time trying to get the measurements from movie stills. I think thats all for now.
Stay frosty,
Chris

Welcome Chris!
Good to hear from another Marine and Smart Gun operator.
The dimensions of the inner trapeze of the plate are
upper width: 20 cm
Height 22 cm and
lower width 15,5 cm.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:01 pm 
Got a big ass gun and a can-do attitude

Cheers Frank, that'll help a ton. I was going to put on some photo's of the rig but having a little difficulty downloading them to the site any ideas
Cheers Chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 am 

Hi I'm Damien. I've been a fan of the Alien movies (well half of them anyway) for a long time but have never gotten around to collecting anything from them until now. I'm well into my second childhood :), interested in all the classics like Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Terminator etc. I've been an RPF member for some years and collect movie props from a number of movies/TV. I've more recently joined the Ghostbusters fans forums where I came across Nick-a-tron and his excellent kits, acquiring a Ghost trap kit from him which i'm currently working on. Then I saw his motion tracker kit... having missed out on the MR version years ago I HAD to order it!! The bug (or should I say Xenomorph) has bitten and my dream of owning a pulse rifle will soon be coming true also! As an Airsofter I thought the Snow Wolf version would be a good option for me even if not completely accurate it still has the look of the PR.

So that's me. Looking forward to joining the Colonial Marines - LET’S ROCK!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:21 am 

Hi everyone, I'm James. I've been fascinated by the Colonial Marines for almost as far back as I can remember. In fact, I think the USCM, Weyland-Yutani, the Union of Progressive Peoples and all the other human elements of the universe fleshed out in the Technical Manual and other background sources are far more interesting than anything to do with xenomorphs. To that end, I'm convinced that it would be entirely possible to make a compelling feature film out of the Linna-349 campaign or something to that effect without a single alien sighting, though I doubt anyone in Hollywood agrees with me. I would love to one day have my own set of full USCM battle-rattle, but I don't think I'll be able to seriously consider doing something like that until after I finish my undergraduate degree, at least. In the meantime, I collect the NECA action figures and am apparently one of the few people who unreservedly loved the Colonial Marines video game.

Ooh rah to ashes, Marines! :delta:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:03 am 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
Welcome everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:25 pm 
Officers - Making simple s**t hard since 1775

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.52135E1
Hi there

I'm new here, so thought I'd say hello. Name's Simon, live in the sunny(?) county of Lincolnshire in the UK. Am a huge Sci-Fi and Horror fan. Hence why I love the Alien films.

Look forward to chatting with you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:37 am 

Hi all, thanks for the add. Aliens has been my fav movie of all time since i first watched it many moons ago. I'm a big fan of James Cameron's work and I think Aliens is his greatest movie. From H.R.Giger's xenomorph design's to James Horner soundtrack to the movie plot, it's the only film to score a 10/10 from me.

Anyhoo, i look forward to indulging into this forum with like-minded folks.

Peace V

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:46 am 
Chernobyl

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.42157E1
Greetings, everyone!
My name is Mark, from the US. I've been a fan of the Alien franchise since as long as I can remember (same with sci-fi in general, especially Star Wars) and long time cosplayer. I am glad to finally join the forums after lurking around for a few months now that I have finally ordered a set of Spat armor.

A05/TQ1.0.42157E1 SGM Gilbert, M "Chernobyl" - U.S.S. Blackhawk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:05 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:45 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.82152E1
Hello! Name's Alexander. I'm from Pennsylvania and I'm a massive fan of the entire Alien anthology as well as Predator. Grew up on them as a kid. As such, I've collected a great deal of props, repros, action figures, the works relating to the two franchises. I've also gained a very large interest in cosplay - still waiting for my order from the esteemed Spat to come in. I'm very interested in going on drops in full regalia! It's great to finally join your forums and hope to meet all of you at the various cons!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:47 am 

Hi, I'm Darrell. I live in the US. Been a fan of the film since the first premiered. I enjoy discussions about the rich universe of Alien(s). Back in the 90s I ran "The Nostromo Files", a website gathering as much Nostromo trivia as I could then find. It produced a set of blueprints and deck plans of the ship. Looking forward to lots of fun on this site!

Last edited by FenGiddel on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 79  Next