The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:05 am 

Prop-Forge wrote:
I also do other costuming, mainly Ghostbusters, Spaceballs, and Warhammer 40k.

WH40K costuming? :) What costume(s)? :)

I have a life-size (8 feet tall) Chaos Marine armor set, but it's so huge and heavy I haven't worn it in 15 years. :shock:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm 

Service Number: A17/TQ1.0.83083E5
Blivet wrote:
Prop-Forge wrote:

I have a life-size (8 feet tall) Chaos Marine armor set, but it's so huge and heavy I haven't worn it in 15 years. :shock:

Tanith trooper, multiple variants of Inquisitors, Vindicare Assassin, Phantine pilot, and probably a few I've forgotten I have.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:13 pm 

Prop-Forge wrote:
Blivet wrote:
Prop-Forge wrote:

Tanith trooper, multiple variants of Inquisitors, Vindicare Assassin, Phantine pilot, and probably a few I've forgotten I have.

That is a most impressive array of 40K costumes - nice! :D

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:45 pm 

Not gonna fib, I do love the movie Aliens, but I'm mostly a model builder and I'm looking to buy the high rez version of the M577A1 APC drawings that are apparently available on the PX board. Which I can't see or find. :(

I want to scratchbuild the APC (mostly because the Halcyon kit has become as rare as rocking horse sh!t and twice as expensive. But I need a scale drawing first and finding one with enough detail and at least a proper scale bar has proven near impossible.

Other than that, I build model armour and spacecraft (real and Sci-fi), I'm an aerospace engineer and have long been associated with a SF convention (Ad Astra) here in the Toronto area.

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.52160G1
tankmodeler wrote:
Not gonna fib, I do love the movie Aliens, but I'm mostly a model builder and I'm looking to buy the high rez version of the M577A1 APC drawings that are apparently available on the PX board. Which I can't see or find. :(

I want to scratchbuild the APC (mostly because the Halcyon kit has become as rare as rocking horse sh!t and twice as expensive. But I need a scale drawing first and finding one with enough detail and at least a proper scale bar has proven near impossible.

Other than that, I build model armour and spacecraft (real and Sci-fi), I'm an aerospace engineer and have long been associated with a SF convention (Ad Astra) here in the Toronto area.

Paul

You get access to the PX board after making a certain number of posts (how many, I can't remember).

Find or make topics that interest you. Anything goes. No, seriously, I thought people would look at me like I was nuts until I realized there's a lot of people who will answer no matter how odd the topic is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:04 pm 

TheSailingRabbit wrote:
You get access to the PX board after making a certain number of posts (how many, I can't remember).

Find or make topics that interest you. Anything goes. No, seriously, I thought people would look at me like I was nuts until I realized there's a lot of people who will answer no matter how odd the topic is.

Yeah I saw that, but thought it meant you got access to sell after a certain number of posts, not just see and buy. Oh, well, it's not like I don't really like the move or anything... :)

Anyone willing to see whether that APC drawing is still available? :)

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:38 pm 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.52160G1
tankmodeler wrote:
TheSailingRabbit wrote:

Yeah I saw that, but thought it meant you got access to sell after a certain number of posts, not just see and buy. Oh, well, it's not like I don't really like the move or anything... :)

Anyone willing to see whether that APC drawing is still available? :)

Paul

I looked for you.

Nothing. Sorry. :(

You could always put up a want-to-buy thread when the board becomes available to you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:23 pm 

TheSailingRabbit wrote:
tankmodeler wrote:
TheSailingRabbit wrote:
I looked for you.

Nothing. Sorry. :(

You could always put up a want-to-buy thread when the board becomes available to you.

Poop. Thanks, a lot, though.

I will, indeed, post a request when I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:29 pm 

Im relatively new to the cosplay scene and plan on working on a Marine kit with a flamethrower. Thisll be my second costume to assemble.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:07 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Welcome! Hope the links I sent help out. There is a ton of information. And knowledge on this site.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:24 pm 

Hi All!

I guess you can say I'm a newbie amateur cosplayer with two characters under my belt and one WIP. I plan to do a Colonial Marines cosplay build in the near future but my current new interest is customizing action figures. I plan on making Colonial Marine figures that are as screen accurate as possible. And what better way to make these figures screen accurate than by using all the information found in these amazing forums!

Also, Aliens is my all-time fave Scifi Action movie ever! I watched it in theatres back in 1986 and whenever I get a chance to watch it again, the excitement and enjoyment still remains! I'm super happy to be a part of this community. See y'all around the forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:58 pm 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Welcome, and great forum name! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:46 pm 

septic wrote:
Welcome, and great forum name! :lol:

Thank you, Corporal! My friend is more a fan of the band than I am but when it came to making a forum name that was the first thing to come to mind! Of course, I had to change it up to make it relatable. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:09 am 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Glad you got the log-in sorted out. Welcome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:27 am 

bigbisont wrote:
Glad you got the log-in sorted out. Welcome

If it wasn't for you and your fellow Admins, I'd still be drifting right through the core systems! :lol: Thanks again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:30 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Oh man, Dropship Murphy is a great name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:00 am 
GarageGeek

and murphey is robocops name so, triple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:42 pm 

Only just noticed this thread :oops:

I put some basics in the thread I started about my WIP Drake costume, but I'll add it here too.
My names Pete, a "mature" guy from Portsmouth in the UK. Got into costuming in the summer of 2018 with a Dredd 2012 outfit. I then had an insane idea and spent 6 months hand making a Chewbacca costume!
Then I found myself wanting to make another costume and it really had to be Drake so I'm going with a mix of bought items (Steadicam, flak vest, cap, patches), already owned items (camo trousers, boots) and a shiny new Prusa 3D printer to design and make the rest.

All the details so far are in this thread
http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18693

Thanks for having me and for all of the information you have all gathered over the years, it's an amazing resource and hopefully I can give back to it in some way in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:48 pm 

Hello everyone, I’m Nick and just recently I have been putting together my Fury 161 N-2B jacket which I’m very excited about! I found tons of helpful info on this forum so far and excited what I will find here in the future, glad to be here, thank you!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:02 pm 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Nujack wrote:
... I have been putting together my Fury 161 N-2B jacket ...

Welcome Nick, retrogarde is gonna love you /your work :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:08 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Hey Nick! There is a thread going right now on the Ready Line for these jackets, or you can start your own. I am excited to see your progress!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:05 am 

septic wrote:
Nujack wrote:
... I have been putting together my Fury 161 N-2B jacket ...

Welcome Nick, retrogarde is gonna love you /your work :)

I actually owe him a thanks, before I joined I saw on the official thread for the jacket he had found trousers for the staff outfit (that are close enough to what I need) which I recently just purchased!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:33 am 

retrogarde wrote:
Hey Nick! There is a thread going right now on the Ready Line for these jackets, or you can start your own. I am excited to see your progress!

Hey retrogarde, what’s up man! I subscribed to the thread for the jackets, I’m waiting on a set of patches to come in this week (the first set I ordered of the serenity patches were too small d’oh) but I’ll put pictures up this week on the thread and start posting over there. Thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:18 am 

Hi Everyone.

My name is Dougie, I'm 40 from Scotland and I am nuts about Aliens. First seen it when I was way too young to be watching it. Seen Aliens First before Alien and I think for this reason I prefer the second movie to the first.

I am a Quality manager for a large steel fabricators in Scotland, but in my spare time and as a hobby I am a keen artist how who works mainly with stainless steel.
I run a small gallery from my garden shed, called Sulaco Steel & Plastic. As you can probably guess a lot of my work is movie based with several pieces based on the Alien Saga.

Dougie Rankin | Artist | Sulaco Steel & Plastic
www.sulacosteel.co.uk
www.facebook.com/sulacosteel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:07 pm 

I happened to discover your site only a few days ago.
Great stuff.

I thought, this person must be a member here... off by only a few days.

Welcome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next