The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:38 pm 

Moosh89 wrote:
EvanDallas wrote:
Well hello all. I have been lurking here on and off for a bit. Decided to register so I could observe any for sale threads for Motion Tracker items. And I can't seem to find a forum dedicated to that. Could anyone point me in the correct direction?

I mainly make StarWars props but have halway made a Xeno stasis tank with water and I am working on a Motion Tracker.

Welcome to the board, officially :delta:

Hang around and make a few meaningful posts/comments on threads and you'll unlock the ability to access the Base PX subforum - where you can buy/sell. Don't worry, the post count threshold is pretty low - its just to ensure we don't get any spam or people who post and leave

Ahhhhhhhh, thank you! Makes sense and I understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:48 pm 
GarageGeek

Would be cool to see that stasis tank Dallas, and welcome. There arent any motion tracker parts up for sale now anyway, but it's possible there could be a resin kit on feebay.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:22 pm 

seven wrote:
Would be cool to see that stasis tank Dallas, and welcome. There arent any motion tracker parts up for sale now anyway, but it's possible there could be a resin kit on feebay.

Its a work in progress. I am not satisfied with the base I made so for now its just a tank.

https://youtu.be/sBn1MEzw9oU

EDIT - For some reason I couldn't post a video so here is the url.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:51 pm 

Hi Marines and auxiliaries

I am Steve. I was the first marine hired at Alien War London. I was third in the queue at the audition where 2000 people turned up for forty places, standing next to Doug and Lee
I had been out of the British Army for a couple of years, so was totally typecast at an audition where they were looking for soldiers.

I am also the main organiser for the Alien War 30th reunion event, to be held on the 13th/14th May 2023
If you'd like to be crew or actor at that event, the organisational group can be found here.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475361633581632

In a nutshell, this will be an Aliens genre fan convention, organised by the AW staff and yes, we will be recreating the Alien War experience for those of you too young to remember or visit the original. Bring spare underwear.
You'll need it.

We have already recruited over 200 willing volunteers from the various colonial marine groups around the world and its shaping up to be the Aliens event of the decade

Semper Fi, thankyou all for your continued obsessionn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:08 pm 
GarageGeek

Glad you made it over here man, I've looked you and a few other Alien war guys up in the past, just as Aliens research,there's a lot about Alien War that's been lost over the years. Not everyone who was involved ever wandered over to Legacy.
That's gonna be an incredible convention. I gotta find a floor to crash on.

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:23 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Hi Marduk,

Normaly I would write "Welcome to the Marines", but you are already very active.
Welcome here. Looking forward to this awesome event.

We will bring Maria plus spare crayons and pick up our Pulse Rifles on site.

@seven: You will not be the only US member going to this event.
A place to crash after a long night at the pub should be possible.

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:16 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Welcome Marduk! Let's get a thread started here about the Alien War 2023 event!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:16 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
I was thinking that re Alien Wars too; be good to capture all the photos and stories (as I always feel Facebook isn't erm ... a "secure storage medium" ...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:37 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
retrogarde wrote:

Exactly! This needs its own 'ready line' thread. Not everyone reads the introduction section. Glad you made it here Marduk and welcome

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:46 pm 

retrogarde wrote:

All in good time Retrograde, still working the basics, nothing to report yet
thanks for your continued interest x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:16 pm 

Event now up viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19471

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:53 am 

Hello again everybody!! (almost a decade later)
Im trying to catch up lost time and go back to the old hobbies.
Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:01 am 
GarageGeek

Welcome back Nexus-6 thought you'd all been destoyed. AL is better then ever.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:28 pm 

Hi all,
Steve here, finally thought I should join up after years of lurking. I run the Aliens comics blog. I am looking to build a pulse rifle as a project and thought this was the best place to get advice. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:32 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Hi Steve, welcome aboard!

I'm just checking out your website now, not heard of it before; http://alienscomics.com/ 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:48 am 

My names Zerocool I been an alien fan since early 80s my mom and aunt were vhs heads and movie lovers that shared all the amazing 70s and 80s movies with me. Had a bunch of the halcyon kits in the early mid 90s... Just getting back into this because I decided to make my younger brother and electronic functioning 3d printed pulse rifle for his xmas gift this year. I love video games music used to draw comics a lot when I was young. Have always been interested in xenomorphs since a young age. Making mine next didnt have the money to buy two sets of the electronics might make my own since. Always been a Giger fan. I am amazed and appreciative of the generosity here especially wtyler3 who sent me two tins of humbrol Brown bess for which I am ever thankful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 pm 

Hi all,
I'm Baz, new to the forum, based in Dublin and registered a few days ago,

Looking to get started on a cosplay/armour and currently 3d printing the pulse rifle (lilykill version ) and motion tracker (thingiverse)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:31 am 

Good Day, I am micgear from Canada, long time sci fi lover and the Alien universe is one of my fav's. just finished Alien isolation and re watched the movies and it re-sparked my interest. Im Looking to make a modern take on USCM armour and I figured this would be a good resource.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:06 am 

Greetings all , the names Tony but if any of you frequent Airsoft forums you may have come across me by my nickname ’Druid’ been an Aliens fan since the year dot (actually went to a cinema double header of 1st and 2nd with my best man the night before I got married !) have always been in love with the Pulse rifle and now I’ve finally bought one the addiction REALLY begins ! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:37 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Welcome to the forum guys!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:45 pm 

Greetings from SE Arizona! I'm currently working on a 2.0 version of my DS pilot, and figured this would be the best place to start. I've been a Mandalorian Merc for a while now, and have a "basic" pilot outfit, but am currently trying to get it as good looking as feasible within reason.

I used my previous pilot outfit during an Aliens themed shooting competition- As per my avatar. Right now I have the shell of an SPH-4 helmet, and I'm gathering the bits to complete it. Looking forward to seeing what I can learn while here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:46 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Greetings Xanderbach!

The Dropship pilot costume is a really fun project, and the helmet is a great display piece. You will find build threads for both the Ferro and Spunkmeyer versions, as well as some EU ideas. I'm excited to see what you're planning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:22 am 
Giraffes. Talk to me.

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
Always good to see bus drivers represented

Welcome Xanderbatch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:06 am 

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.22951S1
Hello everyone. Yes, you in the back too. Don’t think we don’t see you, cuz we do.

Anyway, this ID10T occasionally can be found on the RPF or Rebel Legion, working on costumes and/or props. I decided to finally start on my Alien 3 parka from 161 and found no threads over in the RPF, but I found quite a bit here. So, I signed up. I am also most active on forums.phxaudiotape.com with my restoration projects (J!m over there)

I’ve been reading the ready line posts for the past few days, awaiting clearance to post. Lots of fun stuff.

Since ‘77 I’ve been a Star Wars fan. A little Star Trek to tie me over and finally I got into Alien, and the sequels. Like most, the entire idea of that “used” universe, like Star Wars, is attractive. Addictive perhaps. I recently got a pair of PF Flyers, I have a pair of Tupperware coffee cups and I hope to get a complete outfit from Adam (Nostromo Crew) soon.

Background- I’m an engineer, musician and designer. I restore old stereo gear as well as design new stereo gear. I recently finished a phono preamp and I’m currently working on a tonearm. I used to make custom guitars too. Dad owned a foreign auto repair shop. Pretty much done a lot of stuff, seen a lot of stuff, and now applying that to prop making. Sometimes. My paying job is overhaul of fighter jet engine parts.

See you all out there!

Assistant Superintendent Leach,
Fiorina 161
"Serenity Through Confinement"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:10 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.72351E1
Good Evening All,

Greetings from NW Indiana, USA. I've been a long time fan of the Aliens franchise since i was a kid. I am an ARMY veteran and currently a Tac Medic. I recently got my Smartgun and vest rig, working on getting the rest (shoulder lamp and headset). Just acquired a set of USCM Armor that i need to personalize. I am also a current member of the 501st Legions Northern Darkness Garrison as a Biker Scout. I'm looking for a lot of build information to do a few more projects.

501st Legion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next