The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:45 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
I updated my thread, check it out Red_2!

:delta: My entry-level prop and costume tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12751 :delta:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:13 pm 

retrogarde wrote:
I updated my thread, check it out Red_2!

Ha ha! Sweet! Looks awesome!

I just picked some insulation foam for my son's. Gonna be a lot of head scratchin' and garage engineering for the head and jaw. So many different approaches. The rest is gonna be foam and foam. :D

Last edited by Red_2 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:31 am 

Helly my name is Terry. Big big Aliens fan, starting my own collection. Actually gone a little overboard with it. Currently making a stedicam smartgun rig. Trying to have one thing to represent all props in the movie.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:19 pm 

Greetings all! I'm a Aliens-obsessed fan for more decades now than I want to admit, and a costuming enthusiast (501st member) as well. When I was a kid, I worked at a cinema where the manager was as Aliens-obsessed as I am, and for six years we would discuss pretty much nothing but Aliens between movies. Life was good. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:26 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Welcome new Marines.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 am 

This recruit thanks you for the welcome, and reports that his M-41A arrived today, ready for October's FanBoy Expo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Awesome! That's quite a lineup you have waiting for you. I'm pretty damned jealous!

:delta: My entry-level prop and costume tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12751 :delta:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:41 pm 

Hi from Spain, I have liked Alien since I saw it on the cinema long ago, and it has been one of my Hall of Fame movies since.

Best regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:00 am 

Hi my name is Babs, I am from Canada. I love the Alien series and have been cosplaying Ferro. Being a drop ship pilot would be so bad ass.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:05 am 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Welcome!

Thanks!

Greg

Newell, Greg A
Gman
Georgia - USA
Still using phrasing.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
http://facebook.com/666gman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:07 am 

Hey hey BABssssss Knoxville is going to ROCK Welcome to the Legacy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 am 
Get Some!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.02156E1
Coming back after a Helluva break. Still in Undergrad. Still slogging together the last little bits and pieces to finish my costume completely.

Hope everything has been well and I *really* need to get with you guys at DragonCon instead of lone-wolfing it.

This year has just been a bit hectic and my CM gear is buried in a storage unit and I couldn't nab it before heading down.

Saw some of you here and there this year, since apparently the AL and the Colonial Fleet pre-pre-prestage in the Hilton lobby at the same time before the parade.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 pm 

Waiting on camo and quick-release pistol-belt in the mail now, but this is what I've accumulated thus far:

Pouches: Polish Army OD
Patches: eBay
Belt: Military web-belt (needs buckle painted black)
Boots: Repro Vietnam-style GI boots
Watch: Vintage 80's style "Talking Alarm Watch" ($9 from eBay until I can find an affordable Seiko Pulsemeter)
Belt Tool: Actual Edison Giocattoli Secret Agent cap-gun (needs modification of barrel, I think?)
M-41A: Airsoft

The camo I'm waiting on is Polish Desert BDU's, until I can afford proper BDU's from Spatcave or Chef. Then on to the M3 armor! :)

Update: Polish Desert BDU's and pistol-belt arrived today, being sent off to seamstress next week for necessary mods and sewing on patches. Will have tons of questions about BDU's soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:52 am 

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.32154E1
Hello!
My name is Terry. I've actually been a member here since back in the days when the Aliens Legacy had been on EZboard, but I've never really posted much despite my tenure here. That being said, It's probably about time I [re]introduced myself.

I'm 38 years old and I live in Albuquerque, NM though I tend to go back and forth between Texas and New Mexico.
Ever since my childhood, the Alien movies have had such an impact on my life. Aliens was the first movie that terrified and thrilled me at the same time. An equal combination of a vicious, deadly menace against a platoon of Marines decked out in a futuristic, Vietnam style look from a 1980's point of view. I love the cinematography, the aesthetic of the sets and the realness of all the characters and their personalities, etc. Aliens always has and always will be my favorite Sci-Fi action movie!

Aside from my love of the movies, one of my hobbies that I love to do is create 1:8 dioramas and modify, customize and create my own action figures, particularly Colonial Marines.
I love NECA for making such an amazing line of Aliens, Predators and Marines.
I love the costuming and full size props that so many talented people make, but I just have never quite had the room to store them, so I tend to stick with 7-8" scale figures and models.

Anyway, I have always been a huge fan of the Aliens Legacy and over the years have learned a tremendous amount of knowledge, seen some amazing collections and props from so many amazing people on here and going forward, I hope to be a bit more active!
Cheers everyone! :delta:
~Terry Cat (Catling)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:27 pm 

Former Marine, always loved the Aliens movie. Starting with a pilot uniform then move up to some armor.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm 

TripD wrote:
Former Marine, always loved the Aliens movie. Starting with a pilot uniform then move up to some armor.

Thank you very much for your Service, and likewise to all other veterans on these boards.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:27 pm 

Hi everyone, I am new on here and was wondering who is near glasgow adn how to meet up at events. :D

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:24 pm 

Blivet wrote:
TripD wrote:

Thank you very much for your Service, and likewise to all other veterans on these boards.

Thank you. I'm excited to join Aliens Legacy and grow my prop/replica collection.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 pm 

Hello

I am an Avid Alien Fan and am looking forward to looking this place over

C

TrophyRoom.jpg
TrophyRoom.jpg [ 452.21 KiB | Viewed 181 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 am 

Looks at CyberPred's photo and props...

Head explodes. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 pm 

LOL

C

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71