The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:25 am 
The mythological taj

Service Number: A11/TQ0.0.82134E1
Harry Harris wrote:
The search function is your friend! ;)
Harry

Is not, I heard it plotting with the 'view new posts' function, to make me miserable!!

Carpe Crustulum!! (seize the cookie!!)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:02 am 

Service Number: A02/TQ1.0.22155E1
Quote:
Is not, I heard it plotting with the 'view new posts' function, to make me miserable!!

Ha.... and the 'members' button is coming around your left flank.....

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:36 am 
Get Some!

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.02156E1
Hi my name is Richard and THIS looks like a good place to introduce myself.

Seems like a friendly nice bunch and as I stated in the *wrong* thread... :P

Putting together an "impression" (as we call them in the reenacting world) of a Colonial Marine has always been something I wanted to do, and now I can afford it... Sadly I need to finish my 'Nam Marine, German Fallschirmjager and buy a few WW2 Marine and WW2 GI items and I'll be ready to start.

Looks like you guys have a wealth of information and experience here, and I'm wanting to absorb it!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 pm 
Too Pretty to Die

Welcome! For starters, Since you are working on a 'Nam Marine you can try and pick up an extra M69 flak vest... since those were used by (some) USCM in Aliens. :)

We can help ya with pretty much darn near any question you might have.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:20 pm 
Get Some!

Adonis wrote:
Welcome! For starters, Since you are working on a 'Nam Marine you can try and pick up an extra M69 flak vest... since those were used by (some) USCM in Aliens. :)

We can help ya with pretty much darn near any question you might have.

Cept my Flak Vest is a M1955 :P

Seems the "po Old Corps" couldn't afford something nice. A retired Captain put it to me this way: "We had our issued ones and the Army had theirs, some of my guys like the Army one because it was a lot more comfortable and didn't have the porcelain plates, then they found out that our vests protected you better..." He said it was like a trade off. Some guys liked lightweight, some guys liked protection. I like protection :D

Besides 1955 vests are a rarity. Mine's a 1985 contract but is made like a first pattern 55 which I find odd.

Hmmm I have a hankering to watch Aliens tonight though :D

And take some notes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:36 pm 
Looking for the Sulaco

Man this is so nerve wracking.

Yes, hello. The names Cutter, Private Cutter or Recruit Cutter so not to tread on any toes as I have just joined and not assigned a rank yet. Well I guess a bit about myself is in order.

I watched the first alien film when I was about 12 or 13 years of age and has since been my favourite science fiction film which contrasted with the bright and happy atmo of Star Trek and Star wars films that I had watched. I read and saw videos of the UKCM and wish to join but due to the current situation of economics and distribuition of wealth I find that tough to do. In laymans terms, I'm unemployed and broke. XD But to counter this I have made up several other rather low budget charactors as well, of which I will explain later on. I've been on and off thinking about joining for a year so I decided to go ahead and see what it is like. One of my goals would be to meet Abe. Yes, I saw the news segment on him. I can only hope to get a T.V spot like he did. XD Anyways I am an RPer by nature and as such I like to RP the charactors I play and will only do so on request or if it is part of a skit. Costuming as a marine is something I would like to do in the long run.

OK thats that done now for about some Misc info.

I'm 25, male and live in the Essex area of London. I know I really should have a full costume to ask to join but it will take a while. The various charactors that I made to combat this lack of marine badassness is a few other charactors I have as back up and are thusly;

Simon "Olak" Granite, a bebop
Amstrad 12, a synthentic
James Sinclair, colonist
And maybe an alien called Heinrich (not to keen on this but might make it at any rate.)

They might be useless but best have somethng for back up and add a bit of diversity. I'm also the proud owner of (and this is no joke, I can get a photo if you want) The Aliens Colonial marines technical manuel. Not sure if anyone else here owns it but if any of you want scans or with the Admins persomiision, to make a little repoistory for all that informative goodness.

Well i guess that about rounds it all up. I don't like being the rook be we all have to be him once. So hello to everyone and I hope we can form a mutal and butt kicking friendship.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:25 pm 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
Ah, a fellow Essex boy! I hope you're wearing your regulation white socks and sovereign rings! ;)

Welcome to the board, hopefully the job situation will improve for you and we'll see you in costume sometime soon. :)

Harry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:12 pm 
Jack of Hearts

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.02158E1
Sheesh. Wish we could all be tv stars like Abe. :roll:

LCpl. Av "Spectre" Taylor
Long Range Infantry Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:58 am 
Looking for the Sulaco

Harry;

Yup sure am my friend. The socks are nice and clean pressed. Need to look good, and the ring is perfect for leaving my mark on those bugs.

Spectre;

No need to worry mate. You might be one day. It's just a matter of finding the right people and being in the right place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:14 am 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
Private Cutter wrote:
One of my goals would be to meet Abe. Yes, I saw the news segment on him.

:D :mrgreen:

I should point out, everyone is welcome (both on Aliens Legacy and in the UKCM) whether they have a costume or not. Although it may not seem it, I'd say the majority of AL members don't costume - the only requirement for membership is a love of the Alien movies.

The UKCM, although overtly a costuming group, is really more of a drinking/social group; the dressing up is a secondary thing. So get on the UKCM Noticeboard, pick a drop, and then Abe and I will see you soon!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:43 am 
Looking for the Sulaco

Well, I sure will. Problem is I need an ID number to join and I don't have one of those. You know who I have to see to get one issued to me. And thanks also for the info. I look forward to meeting ya if I can make one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:45 am 
Lifer

I'm a bit confused...

You need an ID number to go to a convention? That's what we're really talking about right? Meeting up at a convention?

Pvt Cutter welcome aboard- I'm SSgt Burton. But you may call me "God". However on occassion I accept "Sir" provided it is followed by "Yes Sir".

As in "Sir yes SIR!"

... Nah I'm just kidding around Bro. :wink:

I think you're taking our group a little too seriously- we're actually pretty laid back. And one of the friendliest bunch on the internetwebzthingy!* 8) :wink:

I'm pretty sure you don't need an ID number to meet up with the UKCM- the Service Number Registry is done as part of the role playing we do around here. Check the UACM board for the Service Number request.

*(Mind you we do butt heads every once in a blue moon but don't let that scare you off :wink: :mrgreen: )

Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 am 
He's just a grunt...

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.62147E1
SSgt Burton wrote:

*(Mind you we do butt heads every once in a blue moon but don't let that scare you off :wink: :mrgreen: )

Kevin

Who you callin' butt head, butt head? :P

Derek

RIP Pvt. Chris Chulamanis A14/TQ4.0.66993E7 You are missed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:32 am 
Looking for the Sulaco

Pleased to meet you Sir God Sir yes Sir.

Anyways nice to meet you too. Sorry if I'm coming across as serious. I just want make sure I do everything right and not make anyones lives harder. Once I get into it I'm sure that I'll relax and fit in. I like to have the ID number just to be sure as I'm thinking of joining a drop and I want to be absolutly sure. Even if I don't need it, it'll still look good on the profile huh? I've butted heads with people before. As I always say, give as good as you get. Thanks for directions on how to get the ID. I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Sir yes SIR.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:14 pm 
Too Pretty to Die

Wait... we call the Sarge "sir" now? I thought he worked for a living...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:29 pm 
Get Some!

Adonis wrote:
Wait... we call the Sarge "sir" now? I thought he worked for a living...

Methinks someone is trying to wear a duty belt and campaign cover :P :lol:

But welcome aboard anyways Cutter. I'm new myself. Colonists and Synthetics are those overlooked people and things in the Aliens universe and you're right for now thats a decent cost effective thing. Besides if you hit a drop with the UKCM *one* of them might have a facehugger for you to attach to your face :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:09 pm 
Evening Guvna's!

Boltrig pointed me in this general direction,
However I stumbled across a bundle of you's at Braehead in December I believe?
I tried to feed Abe some of my toastie, but he just wasnt having it!

(I assume it was Abe, hard to tell with the... you know... Xenomorph shell)

Anyways Morior's the name!
...(insert something witty here that rhymes with 'name')...

Post subject: a fairly modest/shy start of a nubee in here...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:08 pm 
Audio Squad

Hiya folks,

In the real life I'm known amongst my (partly) international friends as Claus, originating from Berlin. Well, why I end up here is a somewhat odd kinda story. A good friend of mine is also a board member here and for now the only one on the board, I've known personally (but at least for as long as 10 years...): it's Andrew David Clarke who encouraged me to sign up here. :roll:
It sort of fits really, because we are both working in films and went to the same film school in London back about 10 years ago, where we initially met.

So here I am, knowing that it's always good to make new friends & contacts, also for instance when working in the film industry as we're both eagerly trying to achieve. Well, who knows I might even meet some of you lot from the UK or even from the US where I've actually never even been to before, I certainly wouldn't mind, being a bit curious by nature myself 8) ...

Currently Andy and I diligently work on a project which is related to the "Aliens" movies and I'm shure most of you will already know which one I mean by that. :wink:
:delta:

Anyway I do feel pretty honored to having been approached by Andy to work on it on the sound front of things not so much because I'm such a huuuuuuge fan of Alien (at least haven't been yet up until now; mind you I think I'm getting there whilst I keep working on this one :) ) but because it just is a great challenge and further practise to my sound design skills. So, I'm just happy to be here, growing more "alien" as I go...

:dropship:

atb to you all

"Radar"
Attachment:
me and my mic
SR Claus Z silouette1.2.jpg
SR Claus Z silouette1.2.jpg [ 12.34 KiB | Viewed 37637 times ]

Last edited by SonicRadar on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:50 pm 
Perfect Organism

Hi Morior. Abe tells me that it was indeed he who sniffed your toastie!

Hi Claus, nice to have you on board!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:08 am 
Audio Squad

Pug50 wrote:

Hi Claus, nice to have you on board!

Hey, is that you Gareth E...? So far, I've only "known" ya from the video... 8)

Regards

Rad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:15 am 
Perfect Organism

That's me! I'm Gareth and Abe.

:xeno:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:56 am 
Audio Squad

What can I say except, "I'm already feeling at home in here" pretty cool...

:)

catch y'all some other day again

G'night for now (signing off)

:mt:

Rad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:03 pm 
Wait here... I have an idea...

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.92143E1
Just wanted to drop a quick line in here. Name's Spyke and I seem to have fallen in with the crowd from the Maryland group.

Between dating Trouble and hanging out with the B CO, 3rd BN, 7th Marines, 3 DIV folks for other things I got pretty interested in this side of things as well.

Plus being there at Farpoint when y'all introduced Abe (Hi Abe!) to Alan Tudyk was pretty bad ass to watch.

But you have to watch out for that New York crew... I think there's something in the water up there... They aren't right in the head. =)

No idea what I want to do out of the gate... I'm thinking a Colonist (since I've heard that's an easy start) but also trying to come up with something unique... We'll see.

Otherwise it is good to just be around and to finally get involved with the insanity!

-Spyke
Don't feed the Wookiee... but it is best to let the Wookiee win...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:28 pm 
Perfect Organism

Hey Spyke! Welcome to the party! :xeno:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:53 pm 
The mythological taj

Service Number: A11/TQ0.0.82134E1
I was in NYC for a week and missed saying hi to all the newer noobs
*waves* hi newer then me noobs

Carpe Crustulum!! (seize the cookie!!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 79  Next