The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:05 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
Corp Hicks wrote:
First, sorry for my bad English... :-)

My real name is Kevin and I live by Frankfurt a.M., Germany.
I'm an Alien Fan for almost 25 Years, but I dont have many
Props, just some models, (Sulaco, Nostromo, APC), some
Grenades, M-41 Manual and Poster from Baena..,
Some comics for sure, the leading edge board game....,
and somewhere I still have an glasfibre Armor, I think its an
Copy from Dietrichs Armor.
And of course, an M-41..., still unbuild, its one from
Monster in Motion from 2004, and an real steel Pulse Rifle,
also in work right now, because not much money and not much
time for it..., but hey, good thinks will need time... ;-)

But I think I will find all help I need here... Thanks for your time...

Greetings, Kevin

Welcome Kevin!

>good thinks will need time... ;-)
So true.

Great to see another Marine in Germany.
Feel free to join GER.C.M. and meet us @ Con. :)
In case of question just send me a mail/PM.

Regards,
Frank

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:14 am 

Hello all,

My name is Roman. I am 40 years old and first saw Aliens back in 86. Gave me nightmares and I have been hooked ever since. I have collected mostly Aliens comics. I currently have a ton of old mags, comics cards signed by various artists from the 1992 SDCC, along with original drawings from various artists. I have some of the older items from 1979 and am always looking for more. I am starting to get into prop items.

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:32 am 

My name is Josh and Im in the 501st Legion in Metro Atlanta. Ive made several Star Wars Costumes (Bossk, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Tie Pilot, Gunner, Bridge Crew, & Biker Scout). Now Ive started a Monsterroom Xenomorph. Im hoping there are a few Marines around here to eat...I mean, meet. I am close to finishing my build and will unleash my Xeno shortly.

20170116_073023.jpg
20170116_073023.jpg [ 1.67 MiB | Viewed 16677 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:12 pm 

Hey, how's it going all! Galen Fiore here! I finally have decided to start getting into the Colonial Marines. I fell in love with the Alien legacy in 8th Grade, and Aliens soon became my favorite!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:54 pm 

Hi - rather desperately putting together a bunch of props and costumes for an exhibition in September!

Got a couple of Star Wars outfits 'Poe' and a Stormtrooper, lots (& lots) of prop guns including a PR.

But severely lacking in female characters and outfits.

I've got correct RAF Mk11 flightsuits and have made Spunkmeyer and Ferro - I have a couple of rolls of nametape material, so have (thanks to this forum!) made some handwritten nametapes.

Still got lots to do!

Post subject: Need Your Help! (Colonial marine armor design plans)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:30 pm 

Hello. My name is JiM and I have been a massive fan since I saw Aliens on HBO back in 1986/87--I forget. I introduced it to my kids and now they love it. I even convinced my 17-year old daughter to go as Ripley for ComicCon this year so I built her a replica M240/M41A/locator combo, grenade vest (a friend of mine 3D printed a boatload of grenades), bandolier, and just for kicks, we are even making Ripley's infamous special edition Reebok high-top shoes. Unfortunately, now I want to be a part of the action and build a suit of the iconic marine armor/helmet, shoulder light, so I can be Hicks for the next comicon. This is where I need help. I know that plans exist that lay out the design for someone my size (5'10", 175 lb) but where do I find them? I need your help, folks! The next comicon close to me is in Chicago in August. That leaves me less than 5 months to build a complete set with functioning shoulder light. Need your help!

IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 16168 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:32 pm 
reload

Hello and welcome JiM.
Your M240 looks great.
You can use the "Search" function for low budget builds (e.g. pepakura USCM armor).
If you post a little bit more you can access the Base PX section.
You may also want to check the Dragon*Con topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 pm 

Hi, you already know me. I am Sergeant Apone!

Thanks for the invite.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:45 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Sergeant Apone wrote:

Just in time for Alien Day...

*LINK REMOVED*

Welcome to the Aliens Legacy forums "Sergeant Apone", Please have a look at the forum rules in regard to selling items on the forum. For sale "FS" posts are only allowed in the "Base PX" subforum which will become visible to you once you make a few more posts. Posting it several times in the wrong places is only going to get removed, and I'd hate to see your arrival here off to a bad start.

:delta:

M.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:29 am 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
I just deleted all your sales posts Sergeant Apone.

As Moosh says please don't post anything for sale in any other section than the PX - which you'll have access to soon. The reason we have a delay is to prevent people coming on here and plastering the board with sale posts but not making any real contribution to our community, which doesn't look good.

In the meantime you can check out the board rules here.

Harry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:00 am 

I perfectly understand!

I was just hoping to come across some really Alien infested people - hate to see my article go to some anonymous collector instead of to somebody who really loves these films just as much as I do.

Won't happen again. Usually I don't sell costumes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:14 am 

Service Number: A06/TQ0.012133G1
Hi all. Aaron here. Lifetime Alien fan. First horror film my dad took me to in the theater. His last words walking in were "I think this is like Star Wars". Just about finished with my xeno build I got from AULDeffects. Also having fun 3D printing props.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:18 pm 

Hello Marines and bugs! My name is Dustin, and I'm from Illinois (no, not Chicago). The first time I saw Aliens was at a cub scout camp out. We were going to do a weekend camp, but when we got to the site we found it flooded. So we went to the scout master's house and camped in her living room. Yeah, it was a slumber party... Anyway, we were watching Aliens while we ate our aluminum foil campfire breakfast (bunch of chopped up food stuffs like potatoes and hamburger and onions and whatnot all wrapped up in aluminum foil and cooked over a fire) when the Bishop dissecting the facehugger scene came on. I realized that my food looked a lot like the nasty bits on the facehugger and couldn't eat any more. However, it made a permanent mark on my memory, and I have loved the original trilogy ever since. In my adult life I work as an EMT. I have also been a volunteer firefighter and an auxiliary police officer. For several years I was an American civil war reenactor, and now I'm a WWII and Vietnam war reenactor. I'm also a geek. Surprise! I started making reproduction movie props and costumes with Ghostbusters, and now I'm working on various props and costumes from Star Wars, The Terminator, and of course Aliens. I'm hoping to one day help fill a spot in the ranks of the Colonial Marine Corps!!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 pm 
reload

Hello and welcome Dustin!
You will find quite a few Vietnam war reenactors, GB, SW ... fans here and the pasion for the Alien franchise.
Feel free to post pictures of the props you have made and ask for help if you need any.

-Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 pm 

HI, I'm Ian from the UK been an ALiens fan since the day it was released (God I feel old!) I remember the glee when I got hold of a bootlegged copy of the directors cut long before it was finally released on VHS.
I have set of marine armour, some of it Spats stuff from Spatcave, the rest was bought at discount from Alien War after they finished their first run in Glasgow.
I've built a motion tracker prop mostly from the same parts they used in the film (minus a couple of pieces I had to get resin casts of) and am currently working on making the electronics from a Raspberry Pi Zero, a digital compass, a cheap TFT screen and hacking the software from a Python script which you can download from my site at https://www.virtualfrontiers.co.uk if you want to have a go yourselves.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:55 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.92149E2
Hello and greetings Marines. Im new meat here and I wanted to introduce myself. Im Chris "Pony". Let me get this out there first...I am an airsofter first and costumer second. But I do enjoy putting together costumes of various types and genres. But Aliens and the associated universe has always fascinated me since I was a kid. To be a Colonial Marine like Hicks, Hudson and Apone battling it out with the vicious Xenomorphs! Im looking into Enlisting with the USCM once I get my uniform and equipment up and running. Thanks again and happy bug hunting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:50 am 

Hello, my name is Jason. I love horror movies! I spend a lot of time on The RPF, altnough I
Don't have as much time as I like finishing props! I am huge H.R. Giger fan, so at a young age
I was horrified, and strangely attracted to the original Alien.
I do enjoy Aliens, and the props involved, so I thought I would try to be a little more active.
I have some prop replicas, as well as figures (Ok! Dolls! Lol), as well as some autographed
Items from Alien, and Aliens (which I could post if anyone is interested).
Anyway, just looking to expand my collection, and just have fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:57 am 

jasonw2112 wrote:
Hello, my name is Jason. I love horror movies! I spend a lot of time on The RPF, altnough I
Don't have as much time as I like finishing props! I am huge H.R. Giger fan, so at a young age
I was horrified, and strangely attracted to the original Alien.
I do enjoy Aliens, and the props involved, so I thought I would try to be a little more active.
I have some prop replicas, as well as figures (Ok! Dolls! Lol), as well as some autographed
Items from Alien, and Aliens (which I could post if anyone is interested).
Anyway, just looking to expand my collection, and just have fun.

Greetings friend. Im on the RPF forum too

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:15 pm 

Hello forum! New member from the Alabama area here. I'm a huge Alien/Aliens fan. It all started with a fascination with the AvP series until I grew tired of Predator and found myself loving the Colonial Marines vs Xenos aspect. I only recently came around to watching Aliens and I am deadset on becoming a Marine now. I hope to make lots of friends and learn more and more about the films/props/etc as I piece together my USCM uniform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:02 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Greetings guys!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:01 am 

retrogarde wrote:
Greetings guys!

thanks Marine. glad to be here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:03 am 

CommanderBounds wrote:
Hello forum! New member from the Alabama area here. I'm a huge Alien/Aliens fan. It all started with a fascination with the AvP series until I grew tired of Predator and found myself loving the Colonial Marines vs Xenos aspect. I only recently came around to watching Aliens and I am deadset on becoming a Marine now. I hope to make lots of friends and learn more and more about the films/props/etc as I piece together my USCM uniform.

me too friend. i watched it as a kid, but only recently has it grasped my interest. i too am new and starting to piece my uniform together. i hope to start on my armor soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:23 pm 

Hello everyone!

New member here. Been a long time fan of the Alien films and also have a history with fan props, cosplay, etc. I have always wanted to pursue a CM uniform with armor and recently decided to start on that journey.

Congrats on the great forum BTW. Very friendly and cordial from what I can see.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:44 pm 

bladerunner wrote:
Hello everyone!

New member here. Been a long time fan of the Alien films and also have a history with fan props, cosplay, etc. I have always wanted to pursue a CM uniform with armor and recently decided to start on that journey.

Congrats on the great forum BTW. Very friendly and cordial from what I can see.

Greetings pal. Im a new marine too. Welcome aboard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:33 am 

zombieinthehat wrote:
The first time I saw Aliens was at a cub scout camp out. We were going to do a weekend camp, but when we got to the site we found it flooded. So we went to the scout master's house and camped in her living room. Yeah, it was a slumber party... Anyway, we were watching Aliens while we ate our aluminum foil campfire breakfast (bunch of chopped up food stuffs like potatoes and hamburger and onions and whatnot all wrapped up in aluminum foil and cooked over a fire) when the Bishop dissecting the facehugger scene came on. I realized that my food looked a lot like the nasty bits on the facehugger and couldn't eat any more. However, it made a permanent mark on my memory, and I have loved the original trilogy ever since.

Awesome story and pretty awesome scout trip. When I was in scouts we did a 3 day bike trip that was capped off each night staying at a church or community center where the scoutmasters would put on a movie for us. Knowing this I brought a VHS copy of Aliens to see if they would let us watch it. Needless to say my scoutmasters weren't as cool as yours and they confiscated my tape until the end of the trip. But I grew up near a Marine Corps base, so most of my troop leaders were Marines and I remember the troop leader who returned the tape said it was too awesome a movie for a scout troop.

Anyway, great story!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 79  Next