The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: Dropship Helmet
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:38 am 
Moderator & screen used

Service Number: A08/TQ1.0.02136E1
Bug Stomper wrote:
Ok, I updated all those pictures I still have.
Sadly, the pictures past page 33 (of 40) have gone missing. :(
Can anyone help out?

Cheers,
Stefan

Stefan I probably have a lot of them, I've started on page 34 with a couple of Andy Clangers' photos. It's late here now but I'll get it done as soon as possible.

Harry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:25 pm 

Thanks Harry! :)

Cheers,
Stefan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:34 pm 

I think I found a part that I think is not detailed from the lists. The large plastistruc motor is used on the left side. You can see the top of the casing on the bottom.

Also, the small dome on the sight for Spunkmeyer is not the VHE-but the VHH version. The E is for elipse, which makes it much flatter. The H is the dome version, but needs to be sanded down a bit to match.

SX 01v1.png
SX 01v1.png [ 130.49 KiB | Viewed 27349 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:55 pm 

I am looking for the resin side pieces and targeting kit. I know two of the forum members have created kits for these pieces but have had no luck finding the kits or contacting the creators. Can someone help me?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 pm 
You tell me man, I only work here.

Contact stephen210

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:48 am 

This is such a cool Helmet to have!

http://www.nostromocrew.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:47 pm 

Just got my SPH! Are people still making the fiddly bits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:05 pm 
Buy It Now

Good grief, this thread is 15 years old and still active! So much water under the bridge, and I never did finish that damn helmet....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:08 pm 

I'm considering a Dropship Gunner Helmet using an HGU-39/P Flight Helmet instead of the SPH4. The HGU-39/P uses the same fiberglass shell but with a different liner/suspension intended for use in a Nuclear Biological & Chemical NBC environment with a Protective Mask, aka 'Gas Mask". The SPH4 are increasing in price and becoming harder to get especially in XL. The HGU-39/P will fit the same visor assembly used on the SPH. They can be found for $50-100 plus the visor

HGU39 LINER1.jpg
HGU39 LINER1.jpg [ 475.73 KiB | Viewed 24895 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:01 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
falldownjaeger wrote:
I'm considering a Dropship Gunner Helmet using an HGU-39/P Flight Helmet instead of the SPH4. The HGU-39/P uses the same fiberglass shell but with a different liner/suspension intended for use in a Nuclear Biological & Chemical NBC environment with a Protective Mask, aka 'Gas Mask". The SPH4 are increasing in price and becoming harder to get especially in XL. The HGU-39/P will fit the same visor assembly used on the SPH. They can be found for $50-100 plus the visor

Thats good info to know. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:23 pm 

falldownjaeger wrote:

Oh yeah, thanks for the info. Very handy to know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:28 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Could be of use - Polaroid 600 camera disassembly guide

NB: this guide is for a Polaroid One Step 600. The correct model for helmet parts is the Polaroid 635 Supercolor, but the guide still applies (as they share body types / close enough).

The "pyramid" and the shutter release button mounting housing are found parts, used for the RHS helmet greebie.
The aperture housing is used for the LHS helmet greebie (I believe).
The shutter release button outer housing is used as part of Spunkmeyer's sight assembly (?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:16 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Was mucking about, researching Dropship helmet stuff, and I thought I'd point out some of my observations (some pretty obviously, others not so much).

Attachment:
F vs S helmets.jpg
F vs S helmets.jpg [ 986.89 KiB | Viewed 24487 times ]

ORANGE & YELLOW circles - parts missing, looks to be due to damage. Parts from kits Revell Robotech Changers Axoid (1/72) and Tabor (1/48).
RED circles - Zoid cannon mounted flush to Megatron Silencer connector part on Ferro's helmet. Not so on Spunkmeyer's.
BLUE circles - extra cable keeper thingie on Spunkmeyer's helmet.
GREEN circles - extra Braided Hama cable (from sight) feeds into the Robotech Tabor part.
PURPLE circles - Plastruct gas lamp [?] can be seen in original prop photos, but part now missing from both Ferro's and Spunkmeyer's helmet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41