The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Anybody still selling accurate 10 hole barrel vents/stocks
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 9:32 pm 

I love to tinker and build things. I have built several AR-15 rifles of various types and after finally picking up an HCG Brown Bess Pulse Rifle the other day, it's only left me wanting to have a hero style or even a real functional gun again. I purchased Paul's Boutique's 3D printer plans and want to assemble a more realistic prop at a minimum.

Does anybody still sell screen accurate metal barrel vents and stocks? I was also thinking I would start with an airsoft Thompson M1A1 and cannibalize an airsoft SPAS 12 for the handguard/cage and pump and maybe pickup an airsoft 870 to go inside. I know Airsoft Thompsons are common to use, but what about the shotguns? Are any actually suitable for a replica? I know they are often inaccurate and just don't work for this purpose due to dimensions and possibly the way they are made. I just don't want to waste my money, but I would think injection molded airsoft parts would be stronger and look more polished than 3D printed ones.

Eventually, I may pickup a real semi auto Thompson and swap out the airsoft gun, but that would be the last thing I would do in this project.

Can anybody offer any leads or insight?

Thank you!

https://i.imgur.com/faZgjhL.jpeg