The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: The ability to edit posts
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:06 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
When is that going to become available again? I would rather not post 50 times when I have to update this or that factoid.

Post subject: Re: The ability to edit posts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:50 am 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
When is that going to become available again? I would rather not post 50 times when I have to update this or that factoid.

without going into to too many details, there was an incident on the forum where one member threatened another member, then edited their posts to hide their tracks. right now, you have a certain amount of time to edit your post. I'll have to look at what the time is, but this will unlikely go away due to the above matter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:34 am 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Not to get to deep into it but supposedly "felt threatened". Never proven he was "threatened". There was a procedure per the charter. Nothing was hidden and they left feelings hurt about his actions and the outcome. So I do not appreciate the comments as stated. Things were changed for his sensitive feelings.

EDIT:
You can still edit original posts but only so many times or till an amount of time so I do not know how the edit "amends things" about the above.

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:04 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
hunterkiller86 wrote:
knoxvilles_joker wrote:

without going into to too many details, there was an incident on the forum where one member threatened another member, then edited their posts to hide their tracks. right now, you have a certain amount of time to edit your post. I'll have to look at what the time is, but this will unlikely go away due to the above matter.

Editing period is blocked once it is posted. It takes me a few hours sometimes to go through my information drops to ensure everything is accurate and up to date.

If edits are your concern then there are database and other tracking plug ins tht can be employed to notify mods of edits. This is not the only time a forum has had issues with content version tracking.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:38 pm 

I'd also vote to re-enable the edit function.
It's a real pain to fix or add things now.

Cheers
Stefan