The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Real life gateway spaceport
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:05 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
I follow these folks on youtube as they are looking to establish large scale commercial space station setups.

https://gatewayspaceport.com/crew/membership/

Notice the name: Gateway Spaceport

I can't think that the name is coincidental.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:47 pm 
Galaxy-hopping garbage man

So this is a private venture of people who want your money... and all they have to show for it is an anonymous website full of fanboy babble and promises that they'll build a space station? No mention of who any of the people behind this are or where your money will be going, nothing about investment plans, accountability or anything sensible like that?
Yes, there's a vague possible Aliens reference, along with a few from other sci-fi such as The Expanse, but that's all I see.

It took a bit of Googling to dig up information that should have been provided up front on their own website, but it seems the dream team bringing us space hotels comprises a retired airline pilot, a writer, a graphic designer and a business manager... everything you'd need to sell a pretty picture and an empty idea to someone, but nothing in the way of experience working in space.

Compare them with this similar venture: https://orbitalassembly.com/team
They at least include accredited scientists and engineers with a history of working on actual spaceflights and related ventures...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:31 pm 

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.22951S1
NASA's official moon orbiting space station is (will be) Gateway...

Assistant Superintendent Leach,
Fiorina 161
"Serenity Through Confinement"

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:51 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Ttaskmaster wrote:
So this is a private venture of people who want your money... and all they have to show for it is an anonymous website full of fanboy babble and promises that they'll build a space station? No mention of who any of the people behind this are or where your money will be going, nothing about investment plans, accountability or anything sensible like that?
Yes, there's a vague possible Aliens reference, along with a few from other sci-fi such as The Expanse, but that's all I see.

It took a bit of Googling to dig up information that should have been provided up front on their own website, but it seems the dream team bringing us space hotels comprises a retired airline pilot, a writer, a graphic designer and a business manager... everything you'd need to sell a pretty picture and an empty idea to someone, but nothing in the way of experience working in space.

Compare them with this similar venture: https://orbitalassembly.com/team
They at least include accredited scientists and engineers with a history of working on actual spaceflights and related ventures...

Kind of what I thought. The idea is cool though...