The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Warning: Do not order from Mastucorp!!(2022)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:51 am 

Just a warning to the prop community. Don’t order from this guy! Paid in full for a pulse rifle, even sent parts for the build. Order September 2021 he said 90 days to complete. Been Given the run around ever sense. I did a PayPal dispute with him two months ago, then magically he sent photos of what looks like a ready to paint rifle. So I dropped it. Nothing yet. So I’m going to call PayPal tomorrow and start another dispute.

My childhood friend is a police detective in this guys area so I contacted him to help me out.

Hell, I’m 5 hours from the guys house so I might even pay him a visit.

Should of know better, this dude did the same thing 10 years ago over on The RPF.

Not going to lose $1,250.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:23 am 
Mercenary

I‘m waiting for over 2 years now…, for a shoulder lamp an an welder…, I think I can say my money goodbye as well…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:37 am 

Service Number: A09/TQ1.0.32134E1
I think I've mentioned on another thread that I ordered a set of replica grips from him a while back that never turned up and he suddenly became impossible to contact at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:17 pm 

I end up going after him through PayPal. He has 10 days to send the item or PayPal will refund my money. Guess what. Received an email this morning from him saying it’s getting shipped out. F that guy, I’m not dropping anything till it gets here. If you guys paid through PayPal. Call them and see what can be done. His PayPal might be red flagged now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:05 pm 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Might I suggest posting in something in this thread over on the RPF.
Some ppl have gotten [good?] results from calling him out over there.

Post subject: Re: Warning: Do not order from Mastucorp!!(2022)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:41 am 

That is a shame.
For such a long time he was a "Go to" for aliens props, and definitely has the talent.
But, just another example, upon many others, that once you start getting behind, you should stop taking more money.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:21 pm 
You tell me man, I only work here.

That's why I never take any money up front.

I know someone locally that has been waiting much longer, and it's frustrating that he hasn't taken care of his order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:16 pm 

I did receive my pulse rifle today. I will be the first to admit that it is quite impressive. But still no excuse for 9 month wait. I told him to not paint it just so I could get it quicker. I will have to add counter and paint but it’s here.

It’s been hard getting a colonial marine put together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:53 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
You have to be persistent with him. Constant. It took 2 years for me to get my modded smartgun from him.

He has a special needs child
He has changed shops
He keeps getting overloaded with orders

Bad situation all around.

Sadly very typical in the props building world with one having a cup filleth over issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 6:21 pm 

Service Number: A17/TQ1.0.83083E5
A buddy of mine has been waiting 5+ years for his *extremely* expensive stuff to be completed (with equally expensive and rare parts), and to the best of my knowledge constantly just gets excuses. Whether those excuses are legit or not, I don't know.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:59 pm 

Prop-Forge wrote:
A buddy of mine has been waiting 5+ years for his *extremely* expensive stuff to be completed (with equally expensive and rare parts), and to the best of my knowledge constantly just gets excuses. Whether those excuses are legit or not, I don't know.

This is why you have to ride your contractors when you farm out work…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:25 pm 

What would you do. I filed a dispute with him 3 weeks ago. PayPal said he had 10 days to ship it with proof. I did receive the gun. PayPal has sent me back my money. I guess he did not provide the tracking info. Or he ignored the email. Now, the gun is assembled but no electronics or paint. I waited 8 months and sent him the electronics to install it. I one point I told him to send as is, no paint because I was not going to wait 6 more months. So don’t know if I should send him some money back or nothing at all. Almost as a punishment for not getting everyone else props to them.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:17 pm 
Resin God.

Suchibu4 wrote:
I did receive my pulse rifle today. I will be the first to admit that it is quite impressive. But still no excuse for 9 month wait. I told him to not paint it just so I could get it quicker. I will have to add counter and paint but it’s here.

It’s been hard getting a colonial marine put together.

You didn't cancel the PayPal dispute...

Now you have the gun, and the money.

I've sent a number of emails. PLEASE if you would, respond.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:32 pm 
Resin God.

Regarding the outstanding orders I still owe people... Please contact me at matt(at)matsucorp.com If you have an AOL addy it is no longer valid... Also no PM's or DM's on various platforms... Consolidating all the messages in one form, (email ) is the best way for things not to get overlooked.

I'm limiting my time on all the various forums in lieu of doing my best to get caught up and not get distracted by doomscrolling for hours on end.

Matt

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 1:05 am 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
Suchibu4 wrote:
What would you do. I filed a dispute with him 3 weeks ago. PayPal said he had 10 days to ship it with proof. I did receive the gun. PayPal has sent me back my money. I guess he did not provide the tracking info. Or he ignored the email. Now, the gun is assembled but no electronics or paint. I waited 8 months and sent him the electronics to install it. I one point I told him to send as is, no paint because I was not going to wait 6 more months. So don’t know if I should send him some money back or nothing at all. Almost as a punishment for not getting everyone else props to them.

That's absolutely not your place, dude.
If you have the money and the gun, send one or the other back.

It's not like he's a scam artist deliberately messing folk around; the poor bugger has been kicked in both balls by life, hard, and repeatedly. He's doing the best he can in an insanely shitty series of situations.

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 3:35 am 

Scapey wrote:
Suchibu4 wrote:

That's absolutely not your place, dude.
If you have the money and the gun, send one or the other back.

It's not like he's a scam artist deliberately messing folk around; the poor bugger has been kicked in both balls by life, hard, and repeatedly. He's doing the best he can in an insanely shitty series of situations.

I have stated as much in this regards as you have. This is also part of the reason why nickatron props dropped out. Everyone was selling cheaper knock offs of his stuff too.

Matsucorps issues are more he has more pending orders and he keeps getting cancellations and he partly lives off doing props so he kind of screwed himself having too many pending orders.

The problem with his stuff though is outside of SD Studios he is the only other shop that does any metal working for prop making.

And in all honesty this is not too terribly different than the issues pit viper studios and Lem King is having with his order fullfillment but most of his issues are a life spent working with fiberglass casting and cutting and painting and literally be broken back and broken body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 3:18 pm 
GarageGeek

I figured everybody knew that Matsu has extremely long wait times. Around the legacy thats something thats always been understood. Matsu is a good dude, I havnt ordered because i know how long the wait times can be. I wouldnt be going after anyone whos as well known as him in this group, all issues can be resolved if youre connected here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:10 am 
Resin God.

As of this writing I have received no communication with the OP. In spite of multiple attempts.

If you're reading this please make some attempt to contact me so we can resolve this.
I'm willing to work with you on this but I cannot allow this to continue as is.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:37 pm 
Miscreant and Foukérre

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.32151E1
Suchibu4 - Two wrongs do not make a right. Please get in touch with Matsuo ASAP to resolve this issue.

For the record, I've taken screenshots of this thread, wherein you pondered theft as "punishment".
Aside from being illegal, that's not how the Aliens Legacy works. So make it right, please.

Props, cosplay pieces, upcycled ornamentation, and miscellanea;
For the discerning survivor of the apocalypse.
Steve Fletcher : Maker, Scavenger, and Junksmith.
linktr.ee/wastelandworkshop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:50 am 

Matt and myself have came to a agreement on work done for his time and parts used. He does good work. Hopefully he will take this little set back and get back on track with the other people waiting on their items. Both of us agree on no hard feelings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:17 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
I am really glad to hear it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm 

just make sure you check with him once a week.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:01 am 
You tell me man, I only work here.

Matsuo,

Can you check in with Mike H (911dropship) on his order?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:46 pm 

Service Number: A12/TQ2.0.02132E1
Whillst we are on this subjeckt.
I've never had dealings with Matt/ Mattsucorp,but i have seen his work,and it realy is second to non.
I realy would like to ask just one question.
Would you please get in touch with my friend Stephan durger AKA Pulseriflefan,or just contack me.
I think you know what it's about matt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:45 am 

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.02157E1
Hate to jump on the guy, but I’ve lost contact with him. Ordered a PR in 2015. Sent shotgun and spas cage, still don’t have my rifle. Hadn’t responded to my emails last few months. I am a very patient person, and I feel for the guy, but I’ve just about had it.