The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Ohhh Ridley!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:45 pm 

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/ridley-scot ... lm-3070720

Post subject: ha
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:11 pm 
GarageGeek

it's gonna be a joke, full of disingenuous forced diversity and political messages.

Post subject: Re: ha
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:25 am 

seven wrote:
it's gonna be a joke, full of disingenuous forced diversity and political messages.

Yeah but he's such an ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:59 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Well, he's probably right.
Plus, he's earned the right to be an arse (not that I'm saying he should exercise that right; that just making him sound like a d**khead).

That said, the TV series may however be considerably better that the prequels ... (or Raised by Wolves, which was great, right up until the last ep ... )

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:29 am 

septic wrote:
Well, he's probably right.
Plus, he's earned the right to be an arse (not that I'm saying he should exercise that right; that just making him sound like a d**khead).

That said, the TV series may however be considerably better that the prequels ... (or Raised by Wolves, which was great, right up until the last ep ... )

I hold him as responsible for Alien 5 not happening. Fear that it would overshadow his dumbass prequels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Yeah, that sucked. Just playing devil's advocate, but maybe his motivation for spiking A5 was something else, like not wanting A3 retcon'ed ... not sure that is a better reason, but I guess I'm saying that we've no way of knowing if he was being basically peevish or had 'legitimate' reasons. Or even if he really was the main reason A5 didn't happen.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:16 am 

septic wrote:
Yeah, that sucked. Just playing devil's advocate, but maybe his motivation for spiking A5 was something else, like not wanting A3 retcon'ed ... not sure that is a better reason, but I guess I'm saying that we've no way of knowing if he was being basically peevish or had 'legitimate' reasons. Or even if he really was the main reason A5 didn't happen.

He said there was never a script. Weaver Cameron and the concept artist said they read it. Any of the interviews he did during his prequels when asked he down played it. He knew there was more interest for 5 than what he was doing. 21st had him in charge of the franchise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:22 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
I have to be honest, I read the article and thought “he may have a point”.

The original ALIEN is a masterpiece.

For me, the entire franchise ended in 1986 with ALIENS. James Cameron did the perfect job.

Any subsequent sequel was never going to be as good. ALIEN 3… Resurrection. Both awful and fans felt cheated with the loss of Newt and Hicks.

The prequels for me did too much to remove the mystery of the ship in the original film.

ALIEN 5? Who knows but so much time had elapsed that it had a lot of recovery to make.

We are a hard bunch to please…

I’d be interested to see what they’ll do with the series. There’s so much available now when you look at how the effects are done in shows like the Mandalorian. It’s possible to render so much now in very high quality special effects. There’s no beating the ‘real’ grunge feel of the 1979 and 1986 films but they may well pull it off.

I’d love to see Marines in it with Pulse Rifles and Smart Guns etc… but I’m sure someone will have gone bonkers and over complicated some aspects.

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."