The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: ALIENS premier and 70mm engagements
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:29 am 
GarageGeek

It seems there is a lot of info about the ALIEN premier but very little about ALIENS premier.
I've seen the photos of some of the people on the red carpet and Ive seen the two or three pics of the APC and people posing in screen used armor. This must have been an amazing event, especially with the APC sitting there but it's as if the press photos were buried. This is very curious, I wonder if its at all related to them being snubbed at the Oscars as well. I feel as if there is more to uncover here. I wont get into conspiracy theories. Any stories of experiences seeing it for the first time?

I'm also wondering if anyone has seen a 70mm screening or if anyone knows where one could be found, possibly even owned.
does anyone here have any experience as a projectionist during ALIENS release or know any interesting lore about its debut or various theatrical runs?

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f3/t000104.html

Aliens premier.png
Aliens premier.png [ 551.84 KiB | Viewed 1300 times ]