The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Original Concept Alien (Giger translucent) found & for sale
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:05 am 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
So it seems the infamous "translucent" Alien suit has been found and is being sold. As I recall, this was the one that was supposed to have maggots crawling around inside the dome. No doubt it would have been creepy AF, but I just can't bring myself to get behind it. On top of the final changes, so many Giger loyalists have grown to hate the Rambaldi mechanical mouth head because it ruins the lines of the design. If this was the original design with that lower jaw, then WTF?! What lines? Why does everyone give Rambaldi such a hard time?!?!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/365 ... g-auction/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:33 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Poor thing is missing his upper jaw!

Hating Rambaldi is such a fanboy reaction. Giger made an amazing design, but the technical effects required a different sort of genius. You might as well be angry that Eddie Powell did the stunts instead of Bolaji Badejo.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:34 am 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
retrogarde wrote:
Poor thing is missing his upper jaw!

Hating Rambaldi is such a fanboy reaction. Giger made an amazing design, but the technical effects required a different sort of genius. You might as well be angry that Eddie Powell did the stunts instead of Bolaji Badejo.

I have come to learn that not everything in that auction was 'original'. Very sorry for assuming the auction had 100% actual original items. Seems much of it is a recast of other parts to make it "complete" including the jaw. Basically, it is hard to say what the original idea might have looked like. Still the whole thing to me seems silly with Giger loyalists despising everything except old piranha mouth. But hey, whatevs.