The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Can there be a new Aliens movie based off comic/novels/games
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm 

Looking at the comics, and novels and games you gotta ask...

could they do a film based on it???

looking at some even off the AVP site I think its doable even for ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES and ALIEN :Isolation
from comics and novels i'd say there is a whiff a movie potential in it even for AVP:WAR,AVP:DUEL,BERSERKER,ETC..

Anyone that knows one that they see as possibility drop a line

HOORAH TO ASHES....

Post subject: Re: Can there be a new Aliens movie based off comic/novels/g
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:56 pm 
reload

Service Number: A03/TQ3.0.12136E1
I ones looks at the fan films (Star Wars, Starship Trooper, AvP, Aliens, etc.) and considers the options you have nowadys for CGI even for fan films the options are promissing. The bigger it gets the question is more about the license fees / green light from Disney/Fox for a movie.

The games, (comic) books, etc. are good starting point for story and character ideas.
The Xeno and Marines (Extended) Universe is rich enough to make an awesome movie.

GERCM - Executive Officer (XO)
UKCM Foreign Legion: The Deviant Dragoons

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:23 pm 

The UPP could be a possible villain aside Wey-Yu

even Aliens Thanatos could do be a moive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:36 am 
GarageGeek

Id like to see an aliens movie with no villain, like aliens and alien. Just people in a situation. good characters acting out fear and aggression. With some talent, you could make a movie about three people trapped in a freezer next to a frozen facehugger for fucks sake. Do you have a specific thing youd like to see made into a movie? In Aliens weyland was just a name. We just want to make a monster out of it as people.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:07 pm 

seven wrote:
Id like to see an aliens movie with no villain, like aliens and alien. Just people in a situation. good characters acting out fear and aggression. With some talent, you could make a movie about three people trapped in a freezer next to a frozen facehugger for fucks sake. Do you have a specific thing youd like to see made into a movie? In Aliens weyland was just a name. We just want to make a monster out of it as people.

But didn`t Aliens actually have a villain in the form of Burke ? Admittedly he was so human and believable that he just doesn`t come across as a classic vilain-archetype.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:46 pm 

Moloch,Seven

in aliens and most novels and games showed people of Wey-Yu as the villain sort
even in the form of Burke and Weyland and various employed to the company

Even the arcade game AVP where shows renegades have ambitions that justify
the destruction of people and places is doable for actual film(bet ol Arnie wish he
did do AVP arcade in live action).

I bet maybe for non human villains the Engineers would make a comeback since Prometheus

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:25 pm 
GarageGeek

Moloch wrote:
seven wrote:

But didn`t Aliens actually have a villain in the form of Burke ? Admittedly he was so human and believable that he just doesn`t come across as a classic vilain-archetype.

Moloch I kind of think that people like burke are people who are influenced by this unseen evil force. These evil intentions exist but are unclear and mysterious, and characters like him or Ash are used to show the effects of the evil influence.
Burke was W.Y. flexing is money and power to make him a tool and Ash was a complete construct. Both minions, demons who do the biding of the corporation and hint at just how massively powerful Wey-Yu must me. But the movie still keeps the mystery of the corp and makes you think, wow this guy would Murder gruesomely and against all humanity because of how powerful these people are and with Ash they literally built the most technological advanced thing just to reach their evil goal. makes me think "if this is the apprentice then how badass must the master be?" like in evil dead theres people who get possessed and they are the enemy but really theres this looming dark force that you imagine cannot be taken on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:33 am 

seven wrote:
Moloch wrote:
seven wrote:

Moloch I kind of think that people like burke are people who are influenced by this unseen evil force. These evil intentions exist but are unclear and mysterious, and characters like him or Ash are used to show the effects of the evil influence.
Burke was W.Y. flexing is money and power to make him a tool and Ash was a complete construct. Both minions, demons who do the biding of the corporation and hint at just how massively powerful Wey-Yu must me. But the movie still keeps the mystery of the corp and makes you think, wow this guy would Murder gruesomely and against all humanity because of how powerful these people are and with Ash they literally built the most technological advanced thing just to reach their evil goal. makes me think "if this is the apprentice then how badass must the master be?" like in evil dead theres people who get possessed and they are the enemy but really theres this looming dark force that you imagine cannot be taken on.

That was beautifully said. Couldn`t agree more.

Also that quite literally points to the direction in which a sequel should have been heading...would have loved to find out more about WY with secret labs and whatnot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:02 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Moloch wrote:
seven wrote:

Burke was W.Y. flexing is money and power to make him a tool and Ash was a complete construct. Both minions, demons who do the biding of the corporation and hint at just how massively powerful Wey-Yu must me. But the movie still keeps the mystery of the corp and makes you think, wow this guy would Murder gruesomely and against all humanity because of how powerful these people are and with Ash they literally built the most technological advanced thing just to reach their evil goal. makes me think "if this is the apprentice then how badass must the master be?" like in evil dead theres people who get possessed and they are the enemy but really theres this looming dark force that you imagine cannot be taken on.[/quote]

That was beautifully said. Couldn`t agree more.

Also that quite literally points to the direction in which a sequel should have been heading...would have loved to find out more about WY with secret labs and whatnot.[/quote]

There have been several documented cases where highly popular comic series get made into movies. I kind of get the feeling the making of alien and aliens is a test the waters deal to see if the interest is still out there. Disney is still adjusting to the fact that they have a ton of R rated material that they will be dealing with going forward and there is no real way to back away from that fact.

The evil dark forces are also an allegory to the deep state and puppet masters that run things. The core greed with Burke and others is more indicative of corporate entities at their worst.

I think if you watch Fringe and imagine xenomorphs and aliens you get a better picture on how a syndicated series could run.

In the comics you had worshippers that actually infested earth in the end. and then you had the royal jelly that was never touched on in the movies along with Xenozip. Supposedly earth got cleaned up eventually but things were really left in shambles. That is partly why I think alien3 and 4 happened so much after the first couple. Greed, double agents, and containment breeches are an eventuality if people can be swayed to look the other way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:14 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.12152E1
Herk Mondo!!!

CURRENTLY IN TRAINING
Basic Training
&
Smartgunner Specialty School