The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Food companies in Aliens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:37 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
We know of some of the names of the weapons manufacturers in the Aliens universe.

What about food companies?

Alien3 said that Walmart still existed and bought out Weyland Yutani.

I am asking as it occurs to me that I am using a 6 gallon food grade bucket to store my motion tracker and instead of hiding it, displaying it as a prop might be more suitable so I have a bucket, a prop, and a seat. And storage to boot.

Post subject: Re: Food companies in Aliens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 am 
Lifer

The only brand name I know for sure is "Aspen Beer" which was seen in the dinner/chestburster scene in ALIEN. The remaining food on the table is all in nondescript clear containers.

The next two films used rations so I don't recall any actual brand names (fictional or otherwise).

Kevin

Post subject: Re: Food companies in Aliens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:44 am 

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.52160G1
Personally, I'd hope Hershey's is still around.

I imagine Hudson runs a candy/alcohol black market between missions. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:01 am 
GarageGeek

I think it was Resurections deleted scene that said weyland was bought out by wal-mart. Ripley8 was talking shit about the company and the dude asks what company. I get what youre after though, have you seen the food item props you can get from blade runner? they are amazing. Something about the the aliens series make me feel like they ate a lot of rations and astronaut food. But I would love to know if the deep mining and salvage vessle had catoring, like space mcdonalds or something. The food companies would try to get the contract with these companies that used hypersleep. Or maybe they just had a generic kitchen the equivalent of school lunch.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:47 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
seven wrote:
I think it was Resurections deleted scene that said weyland was bought out by wal-mart. Ripley8 was talking shit about the company and the dude asks what company. I get what youre after though, have you seen the food item props you can get from blade runner? they are amazing. Something about the the aliens series make me feel like they ate a lot of rations and astronaut food. But I would love to know if the deep mining and salvage vessle had catoring, like space mcdonalds or something. The food companies would try to get the contract with these companies that used hypersleep. Or maybe they just had a generic kitchen the equivalent of school lunch.

Yes, and that deleted scene could have not been deleted and add a whole depth to the common canon of the universe. What food companies would still be around in a 100 years?