The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: AL on community TV
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:55 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
OK, I signed up with the local community TV station and will be doing a twice monthly 30 minute TV show on costumes and cosplay. Mainly centering around Aliens and Predator.

I have in first draft scripts for the following
The Smartgun and electronics
motion traker
aliens conspiracy (did weyland yutani know what was on lv-426)
the lego aliens stuff
aliens arcade
the predator and the costume
a parody of short stories: rednecks in space. (getting a little writers block on this one, but I think this could be a hee haw larious show)

I am shooting to have 24 episodes aired for season one.

I have to have sufficient material to cover 30 minutes without dragging things out and loosing audience engagement, but I also do not need to overload with information also disengaging the audience.

I am also thinking a brief walk through on setting up Arduino and another on setting up your raspberry pi could each be a show in themselves.

I always open for critiques and ideas.

Post subject: Re: AL on community TV
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:11 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
are all the episodes going to be about the Aliens Legacy, or will you have just one that focuses on the AL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:15 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ3.0.02118E1
Looking forward to this!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 pm 

hunterkiller86 wrote:
are all the episodes going to be about the Aliens Legacy, or will you have just one that focuses on the AL?

I will make sure things are separated out. I was thinking do it more as Cosplay Knoxville, and then on the AL portions do the Aliens Legacy logo. I want to ensure that there is zero confusion or association made with other groups period, end of story.

I will have about 9 episodes that are all strictly related to aliens. I am looking for suggestions on other material pieces that can take up a 30 minute episode.

There will be some others that cover other genres and areas and I am still working on how to separate the marketing speak so WE do not get lumped with other groups even through similarity.

There is a local cosplayer here that is reknown for his Deadpool costume
then we have the smoky mountain ghostbusters who I dearly love
and we have a local cosplayer that works a lot with charities
another we can cover on cosplayers for a cause.

The 501st due to the sentiments here I would prefer to avoid doing just to avoid the slight possibility of association given some of the sentiments going on with things.

There is a local here that does the Mandalorian mercs that I think would be a cool episode all by itself. Because of a famous TV show we have going on now.

I am getting super paranoid about sending the wrong associations and signals and doing the show as Cosplay Knoxville for the show name, and then on the AL segments do a flash up and out to the group. This would show distinct separation of things and ensure less confusion.

If anyone has a better idea how to separate it out I am all ears.

I have also started discussions to try and get permissions/license/rights to some still photos for back drops to use with the show. The Disney-Fox buy out has complicated things slightly and coupled with the virus may slow things down, but, I want everything above board, everything kosher, and everything to be legitimate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 pm 

In light of some input or lack there of. I am holding off for a good while. Before anything gets broadcast EVERYONE WILL have a say in how things are worded and presented.

There are waaaaaaaayyyyy too many unknowns to even proceed further than a rough draft. Script writing is an art and good scripts take time. Great scripts require much collaboration and require even more time. The desire is perfection, nothing less.

There are many, many, many concerns that need to be addressed from an IP stand point, a legal stand point, and a liability standpoint. ALL of those must be addressed before anything approaching a next step occurs.

I am always about input, harmony, accord, and agreed performance. Until the first three are satisfied I will merely focus on self development, nothing more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:02 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
I was asked to share my thoughts here as a part of the Colonial Admin team for the AL.

I don't think this sort of thing is essential for the AL to thrive. Most people are more inclined to watch online videos rather than sit down at a certain time to watch scheduled local television programming. While we don't want to stop you from doing a cosplay show for your local area (personally I think it's a great idea), I think having one single episode where you feature the AL in the form of interviews with command staff to formally represent the Aliens Legacy would be the best way to go if this were to proceed.

The people who were chosen and voted in were put into positions for a reason and we need to remember to let them play their roles for their elected terms. Everything linked to the AL needs to go through command staff.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:41 am 

Moosh89 wrote:
I was asked to share my thoughts here as a part of the Colonial Admin team for the AL.

I don't think this sort of thing is essential for the AL to thrive. Most people are more inclined to watch online videos rather than sit down at a certain time to watch scheduled local television programming. While we don't want to stop you from doing a cosplay show for your local area (personally I think it's a great idea), I think having one single episode where you feature the AL in the form of interviews with command staff to formally represent the Aliens Legacy would be the best way to go if this were to proceed.

The people who were chosen and voted in were put into positions for a reason and we need to remember to let them play their roles for their elected terms. Everything linked to the AL needs to go through command staff.

Love the leadership video idea.

Well put. The issue is that the shows are 29 minutes 30 seconds and only 10% of the show can be non locally produced content. If I factor that in with the fact that I have 7 shows with Aliens specific props, will that cover everyone in 2.95 minutes per show. I checked and the studio will not budge on the 10 percent rule.

Alternately I can separate the prop building pieces out and remove references to the group so they are literally stand alone separated from the group as my only desire is education.

Also they were very specific on any camera equipment not leaving the county. Any footage made with their equipment is property of them and can't be edited or reused elsewhere outside of just watching straight from their archive page.

I am trying to think of ways to play within in the rules to satisfy all concerns and deliver the product every one wants.

I was also told that I could livestream the show as I was recording it without issue.

I will get clarification on what forms of footage and equipment used they consider to be filmed within the confines of the county so that say a phone could do the recording, but there are gps markers embedded in the video headers so filming from outside the county will get flagged at some point.

I am willing to drive wherever in the county to meet whomever if they are driving through to capture video as the opportunity presents itself.

And I will get clarification on how the footage can be obtained and submitted and count as local footage.

And I would agree messages from our leadership will be positively vital ahead of the yearly club election and voting time.

As stated there are too many unknowns and I am literally taking a crash course on film production and directing on top of the crash course I am taking in script writing. I am learning, but I want to learn how to do things the correct and legal way. Good faith ensures a more positive outcome for all involved.