The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Homage to the "Stunt" pulse rifle (and video on build)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Long missing from my collection has been a proper screen accurate "ugly" pulse rifle. Sure, sure...everyone likes the cool rifles. They all like the idealized and 10-hole vent rifles. Lost in the shuffle is one brave misfit! A rifle that dared to dream and actually became the rifle with the most total screen time of any other!

I'm talking about the "forward vent' rifle! Appearing in scattered scenes, it was never much on its own. Crowe, Hudson and Even Ripley all played around with it at various points, but no one remembers it in its main form.
Attachment:
Forward Hero.jpg
Forward Hero.jpg [ 199.41 KiB | Viewed 895 times ]

What did get it noticed, is when for some strange ass reason, the prop makers decided to use that funky blank firing 'hero' with its overbite vent as the foundation for ALL THE STUNTS!!! Behold its terrible GLORY!!!
Attachment:
Pulse rifle (stunt) Propstore 9 second rifle.jpg
Pulse rifle (stunt) Propstore 9 second rifle.jpg [ 197.82 KiB | Viewed 895 times ]

These ugly stunts were carried by everyone all the time! All over the place.

I tried once a few years back to recreate its mystique. I liked it. No one else did. I caved and made it 'normal' before selling it off.
Attachment:
20150620_190230.jpg
20150620_190230.jpg [ 262.62 KiB | Viewed 895 times ]

Had a hole in my collection ever since. ...

UNTIL NOW!!!! Thanks to yorkshire props and their offering a of screen used stunt CAST kit, I now have scratched the kind of itch only something this bold could provide.
At LAST, My ugly stunt!

See my build and backstory video here:
https://youtu.be/INtfYmrbkZU

So glorious. So pleased. Anyways, hopefully I converted a few of you to the ugly side.
Attachment:
Video Stunt cover (small).jpg
Video Stunt cover (small).jpg [ 121.03 KiB | Viewed 895 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:44 am 
GarageGeek

The existence of this casting seems like its gonna bring to light some information about an ALIENS props that not only the truly obsessed will be aware of for long, and we are all running out of shit. I used to take issue with this version because it seemed like an error, but it's quickly becoming a kind of chase item, another thing to dissect and swoon over. I can't recall if there were other "stunt" rifles made. I know that HCG has one, ( I guess ) but intricacies like this rifle has are what give mystique and lore to prop collecting. I love that this casting just dropped into existence. I love when someone whos into ALIENS says they have a pulse rifle and you can ask, "10 hole or 8 hole vent", and they know what you mean. My framed photo of Hudson has him holding this one.

D799961D-CB36-432B-8DFD-2768493D0074.jpeg
D799961D-CB36-432B-8DFD-2768493D0074.jpeg [ 575.29 KiB | Viewed 865 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:25 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Awesome photo Seven! As Bigbisont says in the video, once you are aware of it you can spot this PR (or the stunts cast from it) everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:59 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ1.0.52161G1
Nice! I love the look of the shrouds on the stunt; The space between the Thompson and carry handle looks a little shorter; The lines don't look as straight but seem a little sharper. That may be why!