The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: [QUESTION] Facehugger model/materials: Where, Cost
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:51 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
OK, a friend of mine and I wrote a short film in hopes of progressing in the Tongal contest but we never made qualifications for an unknown reason. We've been told we should make our film anyway because people enjoyed what we had up to that point.

A few weeks later and our script has more than doubled in length (now 20-25 minutes) and we have some actor and crew roles filled.

Our story involves the Alien in 3 forms: Facehugger, Chestburster and fully grown xeno. Luckily we've got the xeno covered thanks to my now finished Monsterroom Props kit/suit.

We need suggestions for the Facehugger. It needs to be durable to interact with our actor and appear to be in a "fight" (Think Ripley in MedLab)

We need it to be flexible, yet durable and appear fleshy. Are there latex kits out there?

We may want to run cables in a few legs, or we might need a separate model of just legs that can be cable-operated.

What's the cost, and who makes/can make what we may need? Personally I prefer the Aliens '86 design with the nails

Thanks!

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:18 am 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
Your best bet might be the NECA foam one. Do not know exactly what you need it for but check out the links and videos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=neca+fa ... e&ie=UTF-8

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:51 pm 
Mad Cat

Service Number: AO3/TQ6.0.79749E8
I too second the NECA item. There were a few people/places making latex facehuggers...but they were expensive, and who knows if they even still make them.

As for inserting rods into one....if NECAs is cheap enough, you could probably cut one open to do this, have a hero unit (intact/unaltered) and a second one that's cut away to allow for inserted rods, but keep the section that's been cut out of frame.

It's a boot!"

III drops