The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Fox Alien short film project
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:52 pm 

https://tongal.com/alien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Well, I didn't expect to see this today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 am 

Shame about the US-only restriction but damn cool idea! Really looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:35 pm 

Lots of restrictions, I am thinking the final entry list will not be big.

Post subject: Re: Fox Alien short film project
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:59 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
We are better off doing our own fan film...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:32 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
The contest actually was open to international teams - Only you had to have a US resident submit the pitch as the submission form was "geo-gated" to US only. They could have been more clear with their requirements and briefing.

We entered a pitch (from Canada but had a US member of our team submit) which we wrote as a new story as they kept emphasizing "original". We were disappointed that so many pitches that were chosen relied on either the Nostromo or Narcissus. It seems they weren't too strict with "original" after all.

While we definitely wish all the qualifiers the best of luck - it was very frustrating to have our original story missed. My team still wants to go ahead and make our film as a showcase of talent in our home province of Saskatchewan and because we felt the story we wrote was too good to waste.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:37 pm 

Moosh89 wrote:
The contest actually was open to international teams - Only you had to have a US resident submit the pitch as the submission form was "geo-gated" to US only. They could have been more clear with their requirements and briefing.

We entered a pitch (from Canada but had a US member of our team submit) which we wrote as a new story as they kept emphasizing "original". We were disappointed that so many pitches that were chosen relied on either the Nostromo or Narcissus. It seems they weren't too strict with "original" after all.

While we definitely wish all the qualifiers the best of luck - it was very frustrating to have our original story missed. My team still wants to go ahead and make our film as a showcase of talent in our home province of Saskatchewan and because we felt the story we wrote was too good to waste.

Please do share when you have it. I am reaching out to the local cons here to see what I can be allowed to show video wise (liscensing stuff.) Group made videos should have free and clear license with no restrictions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
Funding is our biggest issue. Saskatchewan's population is just over 1 million people and we only have 3-4 large cities - lots of rural space so everyone is spread thinly. If we do end up filming, we would do so in Saskatoon, the largest city. It's middle ground between myself, our other writer Rebecca and our director lives there.

Film is a struggling industry in our province, Saskatchewan recently spawned the cult-hit "Wolf Cop" which resulted in a sequel "Wolf Cop 2". To my memory that's the latest success we've had out of our province. It's not that we lack talented people - it's simply our location/population. Because of this funding is our biggest hurdle. Not to mention the fact that funding ANYWHERE is tough.

We don't expect to have these talented people work for nothing. While we want to see our film succeed, we would like to see the people who work on this get paid. I'd also really want to keep the Aliens Legacy close too, this community is amazing and so knowledgeable and talented too when it comes to the franchise and props. It would be stupid NOT to lean on you guys.

We hold out hope like a flame in the cold wind - determined to light the world on fire for warmth and as a beacon in the dark... :lol: :delta:

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am 

Moosh89 wrote:
Funding is our biggest issue. Saskatchewan's population is just over 1 million people and we only have 3-4 large cities - lots of rural space so everyone is spread thinly. If we do end up filming, we would do so in Saskatoon, the largest city. It's middle ground between myself, our other writer Rebecca and our director lives there.

Film is a struggling industry in our province, Saskatchewan recently spawned the cult-hit "Wolf Cop" which resulted in a sequel "Wolf Cop 2". To my memory that's the latest success we've had out of our province. It's not that we lack talented people - it's simply our location/population. Because of this funding is our biggest hurdle. Not to mention the fact that funding ANYWHERE is tough.

We don't expect to have these talented people work for nothing. While we want to see our film succeed, we would like to see the people who work on this get paid. I'd also really want to keep the Aliens Legacy close too, this community is amazing and so knowledgeable and talented too when it comes to the franchise and props. It would be stupid NOT to lean on you guys.

We hold out hope like a flame in the cold wind - determined to light the world on fire for warmth and as a beacon in the dark... :lol: :delta:

setup a fund raiser site and post a link. If everyone contributes 20 say, you have more than what you started with.