The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Alien: Awakening by Ridley Scott
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.72136E1
"Sir Ridley Scott will helm the third prequel in the Alien film franchise - 40 years on from his 1979 original.

The 81-year-old director's return to the franchise follows two former prequels, Prometheus [2012] and Alien: Covenant [2017], both of which he directed and produced.

The veteran filmmaker has said how he 'was in Hollywood within 32 hours' of receiving the script for the latest prequel, with is speculated to be titled Alien: Awakening, according to Screen Rant."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... cEAoQbKMGk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:46 am 

This Alien Awakening stuff is getting well out of hand. The 32 hours comment is in reference to the original Alien, not the prequel. He's working on it currently, has been for ages, recently said he was in talks with Disney about continuing the series under the Disney owned Fox and Variety had an aside (not a direct quote) saying that the film was currently being written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:37 pm 

:wink:

Post subject: Re: Alien: Awakening by Ridley Scott
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:43 pm 
'Nuff said.

Service Number: A08/TQ0.0.12146E1
You are seeing this and that James Cameron is working on Aliens on every site. Usually goes thru cycles when some "news" site picks up the same repeated snippet. Until this is officially green lighted take it with a grain of salt. Has Disney released anything yet? Hmm

Thanks!

Greg

UKCM
Shoot first, think never.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
SMMFD
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:09 am 

Corp_Hicks wrote:
This Alien Awakening stuff is getting well out of hand. The 32 hours comment is in reference to the original Alien, not the prequel. He's working on it currently, has been for ages, recently said he was in talks with Disney about continuing the series under the Disney owned Fox and Variety had an aside (not a direct quote) saying that the film was currently being written.

I wouldnt be surprise the one detail left out is that the script is being written.... in crayon.

I thank him for being there to give us the original film but for what ever fault is going through him; ego, lack of creativity, etc., he has put the franchise in a worst spot than it was after Alien 3 and Resurrection, while managin to do it with larger budgets. The guy has no more consistent vision, and he is willing to comprimise the storyline just to stay at the helm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:39 pm 
GarageGeek

I think the comment cameron made " im workin on that" was just an off the cuff way of saying " jesus im doing all this shit and you still just ask about Alien, let me finish with these fifty projects and maybe ill get to that". I would definitly expect another cash grab feom Ridley Scott though. Seems like hes happy to hire all the talent and stand around approving or disaproving things and then collecting paychecks.