The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Paper Craft Pulse Rifle from Humlaz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:39 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Took a long time but here you go.

IMG_1157.JPG
IMG_1157.JPG [ 256.1 KiB | Viewed 2599 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:07 am 
GarageGeek

this is awesome, I have the same one but looking through the parts is pretty intimidating. how long did it take?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:57 am 

seven wrote:
this is awesome, I have the same one but looking through the parts is pretty intimidating. how long did it take?

2 months at 2+ hours per day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:16 am 
GarageGeek

have you thought about taking it apart in large sections and using it as a pattern for eva foam or plastic pulse rifles? cons are cracking down on anything realistic and theres a need for those developing.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:15 pm 

seven wrote:
have you thought about taking it apart in large sections and using it as a pattern for eva foam or plastic pulse rifles? cons are cracking down on anything realistic and theres a need for those developing.

Tennessee is a very conservative state and we actually have a big push to allow carried guns everywhere regardless of what local municipalities want.

The conventions are actually starting to get a lot of heat to allow guns in. It is the liberal elements that are causing some of the issues and I think if we each befriend the organizers we will be fine.

Post subject: Re: Paper Craft Pulse Rifle from Humlaz
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:19 pm 

knoxvilles_joker wrote:
seven wrote:

Tennessee is a very conservative state and we actually have a big push to allow carried guns everywhere regardless of what local municipalities want.

The conventions are actually starting to get a lot of heat to allow guns in. It is the liberal elements that are causing some of the issues and I think if we each befriend the organizers we will be fine.

There are real guns and prop guns and in your statement above seems like you are talking about the real ones and the right to carry concealed or not.
If you are talking about real guns that fire live ammunition, I'm more than happy to not see guns in any public place including conventions...also living in TN myself. I don't think not wanting them is an 'issue'.
That said - I would be okay with prop guns. To ban every non-firing object that resembles a weapon is going too far.

Post subject: Re: Paper Craft Pulse Rifle from Humlaz
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 pm 
GarageGeek

I have one point to make. They wouldnt let me bring a pulse rifle in. it was airsoft.
So we should make some shit out of foam so we can have full costumes.

Space Jockey wrote:
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
seven wrote:

There are real guns and prop guns and in your statement above seems like you are talking about the real ones and the right to carry concealed or not.
If you are talking about real guns that fire live ammunition, I'm more than happy to not see guns in any public place including conventions...also living in TN myself. I don't think not wanting them is an 'issue'.
That said - I would be okay with prop guns. To ban every non-firing object that resembles a weapon is going too far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:50 pm 

Love what folks are making out of foam materials. Red 2's and Stimpy's work on the other thread is incredible.
I saw a costume from Dead Space 2 once made out of it....amazing stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:17 am 
GarageGeek

and obiwan kowalski made a fantastic pulse rifle from eva, theres a thread