The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Custom convention badges
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:53 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
I have messed with the badging system at work and am a little familiar with badge printers.

We also have our vendor credentialing printer at work as well.

Pondering upon that it occurred to me that a good recruitment tool would be quickly printed badges for new sign ups at the cons.

Options are either a card based printer (1k or so in hardware costs) or a Label printer setup (100 or so) with plastic blanks to affix the labels to.

The only problem will be IP law so we would have to come up with our own semi-original design. Fan based alterations of logos is generally permissible as long as no income is made off of it. All the legal folks I have spoken to basically said the movie studies will not touch cosplayers unless you are selling a likeness of a copyrighted property say custom mini figures.

If we go with the label printer option (most doable) we can make any custom label we want with the Demo software.

That said what does everyone think our logo and ID badge should look like?