The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:59 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Erik_MAA wrote:
Someone PLEASE scan that blueprint in hi-res!

Considering the blueprint was made by a member here asking someone to post it for free seems disrespectful. It is an awesome design and I hope it will eventually get a wider release. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:28 am 

Sgt of Marines wrote:
Im very curious, would the steady cam vest be able to connect to this in anyway? Also would the weight of the Smart Gun be too much for the vest?

Not owning the HCG Smart Gun myself:

1. You would certainly have to construct a connection from the Smartgun to the vest arm
2. Of course you could make a Steadicam Vest work, the weight here is less than that from all those Metal Smartguns

That being said this is probably a comparatively fragile Smartgun, so maybe not the best solution for a whole functional Steadicam rig...

Post subject: Re: HGC M56 Smartgun
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:16 pm 

retrogarde wrote:
Considering the blueprint was made by a member here asking someone to post it for free seems disrespectful. It is an awesome design and I hope it will eventually get a wider release. Just my two cents.

I appreciate that. Thank you, sir.

I do have the HCG Smart Gun and I don't think it would be suitable for a steadicam. I mean you could do it, but I think you would run the risk of the SG breaking. Also if you were to accidentally knock the end of the barrel for instance when wearing it, it would crack or break. I love the SG, HCG have done a superb job on it, but I think it is for display and not actual wearing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:37 am 
Libo Buddy

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.52139E1
I see that on the HCG Smart Gun that there is a place underneath where the arm of the steadicam vest arm would eventually go? Now with that said is the HCG version that fragile?

1st Marine Battalion
29 Palms, Ca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ3.0.02118E1
Sgt of Marines wrote:
I see that on the HCG Smart Gun that there is a place underneath where the arm of the steadicam vest arm would eventually go? Now with that said is the HCG version that fragile?

I don't think its fragile. Its certainly solid and heavy. It most likely could be adapted to a steady cam arm/harness.