The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Ripley / Bishop Brinkmann Torch source
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:27 am 
I can guarantee your safety

Service Number: A12/TQ3.0.13541F1
Hey peeps,
I'm on the hunt for the Brinkmann 6in1 torch that Ripley and Bishop used in Aliens and there is only 1 place I can find it where the person is asking £520 for it plus £95 postage which I think is ridicolously high for what it is. Does anyone have a source for one at all? I know they are difficult to find but hoping someone can help me out.
Cheers,
raiden58237

shot0016.jpg
shot0016.jpg [ 388.34 KiB | Viewed 821 times ]

shot00011.jpg
shot00011.jpg [ 201.4 KiB | Viewed 821 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:20 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Pretty sure someone printed one over on the RPF [I think]; might be worth asking them if they'd sell the file / the print. I'll have a look later and see if I can find the thread.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:28 pm 

septic wrote:
Pretty sure someone printed one over on the RPF [I think]; might be worth asking them if they'd sell the file / the print. I'll have a look later and see if I can find the thread.

I checked RPF unless I missed it. Might have been shown under another thread. I will have to dig into this to see what I can find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:44 am 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
They are an incredible brittle plastic unlike torches today… I have one… I love the way they adapted these for the film… a wiring adjustment I believe to ensure that the fluorescent light was on at the same time as the torch… and a powerful bulb as well (as the original would be so weak a moth would struggle to find it).

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:57 pm 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
raiden58237 wrote:
septic wrote:

I checked RPF unless I missed it. Might have been shown under another thread. I will have to dig into this to see what I can find.

Found it, but apologies; it's not a print [I could remember some of pics of the torch sitting on a printer bed ... ]
Thread is here, just as an FYI, as is very good/detailed re re-wiring the torch.

Good luck with your search (and again, sorry for the 'false hope' re an available model).
You could try and contact James Forder; if you're on Facebook, join this group and make an interest/request post re the colony torch (I'll @ James for you in the post).

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:14 am 

septic wrote:
raiden58237 wrote:
septic wrote:

Found it, but apologies; it's not a print [I could remember some of pics of the torch sitting on a printer bed ... ]
Thread is here, just as an FYI, as is very good/detailed re re-wiring the torch.

Good luck with your search (and again, sorry for the 'false hope' re an available model).
You could try and contact James Forder; if you're on Facebook, join this group and make an interest/request post re the colony torch (I'll @ James for you in the post).

Looks like the prop maker has put a lot of work into their replica and it's really good. Sadly I'm a bit lazy and would prefer to try and buy one that doesn't require as much work but we'll wait and see lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:10 pm 

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.22951S1
I'm also interested in one, but I'll settle for "close enough" and/or "damaged" as I plan to use it as (of all things) a work light/flashlight.

So I won't pay $500 for one.

Assistant Superintendent Leach,
Fiorina 161
"Serenity Through Confinement"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:11 pm 

I have two of these brinkman lights One is a 5 and 1 The other one is a four in one which has the strap bracket broken both work did not know they made a 6 in 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:12 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
In the torch community are they considered rare/valuable or is it just us nerds pushing the prices up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:44 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
I’m presuming it’s the connection to ALIENS… they’re a brittle plastic torch and are not as rock and roll in real life as they appear in the film. They had spotlight bulbs in them and likely (?) a suped up power source and they were required to have multiple lamps lit such as the strip light as well as the flashlight…

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."