The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Question regarding templates
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 pm 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
On predatorium.com/hunterslair.com they have a costume building thread that includes all sort of templates you can print and use to cut out your costume pieces.

It worked great on my predator costume but I am not seeing anything obvious and out there on the threads here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:21 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Do you mean like Pep files?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 am 

retrogarde wrote:
Do you mean like Pep files?

All the above and including.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:32 am 

There are armour files - not sure who shared them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:41 pm 

I'm most familiar with the FISD/white armor, but I'm surprised this board doesn't have designated forums for each costume/build, i.e. a weapons build, xeno build, marine build. Then there could be a template one. That way people can reference them quickly and easily. Or maybe I'm missing something?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:27 pm 

Red_2 wrote:
I'm most familiar with the FISD/white armor, but I'm surprised this board doesn't have designated forums for each costume/build, i.e. a weapons build, xeno build, marine build. Then there could be a template one. That way people can reference them quickly and easily. Or maybe I'm missing something?

I have brought that up. I think this is a discussion for leadership to have. Regardless, your point is very valid and well put/taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:54 pm 

Good idea :) This board predates 3D printing, predates PEP files, the cosplay guide is brilliant and there's lots of info in the subfiles for each outfit. I'm happy to share the 3D files, docs and templates I've made and I've downloaded and grabbed armour files, pictures and other 3D files from thingiverse etc when I've found them, but can't really share that stuff publicly as I wouldn't know who to attribute them to!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:59 pm 

Baisemontchou wrote:
Good idea :) This board predates 3D printing, predates PEP files, the cosplay guide is brilliant and there's lots of info in the subfiles for each outfit. I'm happy to share the 3D files, docs and templates I've made and I've downloaded and grabbed armour files, pictures and other 3D files from thingiverse etc when I've found them, but can't really share that stuff publicly as I wouldn't know who to attribute them to!

Be careful about copyright. Stuff we post has to have no copyright attached unless it is your copyright and you are fine sharing...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:14 pm 

Red_2 wrote:

In light of Mantaroon's statement, if you can't find threads specific to whatever, make one and post all the info in it and then request it be put in the archives section?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:16 am 

knoxvilles_joker wrote:
Red_2 wrote:

In light of Mantaroon's statement, if you can't find threads specific to whatever, make one and post all the info in it and then request it be put in the archives section?

Indeed, I was more leaning towards everyone's particular builds/projects in each particular section. For my xeno scratch build I ended up searching the interwebs and ended up referencing youtube videos, instructables, a couple RPF threads, it was all over the place. Would be great to see everyone's builds in one spot. There are so many ways to approach a project that having similar ones easily referenced easily helps me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm 

knoxvilles_joker wrote:
Baisemontchou wrote:

Be careful about copyright. Stuff we post has to have no copyright attached unless it is your copyright and you are fine sharing...

That's what I said didn't I? I'm happy to share my files, can't share the rest publicly as I can't attribute.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:05 am 

Baisemontchou wrote:
knoxvilles_joker wrote:
Baisemontchou wrote:

That's what I said didn't I? I'm happy to share my files, can't share the rest publicly as I can't attribute.

OK, as Knoxville is a center for the music industry thanks to Chartbuster A.K.A. Digitrax Entertainment now we do have some local legal firms in the area. I have checked with lawyers in the wrestling arena of business as well. I was basically told flat out that the movie and other industries will not touch the cosplayers period. Unless you are selling a likeness of a copyrighted or actor they will leave you completely alone.

In my studies of what I like to call the PayMEtryIDIOT movement I have concluded that the government will generally leave you alone if you are not collecting money or profits of any from your activities but will go after you if your processes are successful in court. Without profit involved there is not any good claim on financial loss or harm (a basis for a tort claim (civil court case.)

I did some college papers regarding copyright law and I could post those on the forum if you think it will help the community.

As far as your common law copyright stuff goes it is my understanding if you post the common law copyright copiously and then post the information you should be fine. We can check with the aliens cast to see how they feel about things while they are in Knoxville and maybe get some cart blanche blessings on posting stuff for the whole world to see?

I happen to know a local IP lawyer firm and I will be happy to present whatever and pay the consultation cost to see if we are kosher if we post whichever item on the forums. I will do whatever is needed to help make our site and group more successful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:38 am 

Wow, great stuff Knoxville!