The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Question for a Flamethrower scratch build (Aliens)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:59 am 

After have building 3 accurate pulse rifles now, I'm still a rookie to USCM. I've been wanting to take a break from serious builds and have some fun in building a incinerator from the ground up. Not 100% accurate, just enough to be identifiable and not be an issue to carry at cons (such as a pulse rifle brings lately).

I'm building it mainly from parts of a 1:1 plastic airsoft m16 I scored on eBay for $20. I also ordered a m203 handgaurd. Those being my 2 main parts I'm going to build the rest from just eye balling it. I'm thinking of using some pvc pipe with a Y fitting at the end cut down and drilled for a barrel/nozzle. A large Smartwater bottle with some added foam or rubber mats for the tank. Just scratch building the rest from junk.

I have some ideas about pretty much every part and im looking forward to the fun of trial and error of brain storming ideas. Although the one area that I am just completely puzzled what to do with is the handle/trigger area in the rear. Anything behind the m16 body I'm completely stumped on.

Their has got to be something I'm not thinking of. Some kind of handle or grip that looks similar enough and can be a good choice for my "Scratch Thrower" build. I could just use the grip of the m16, but that's my last resort and it will just stick too far out of the original look of the prop. Also the area of the weapon that holds the handle is a mystery to me. I know I'll use some pvc parts, maybe a gardening tool may look close enough. Im not sure.

Any help or opinions is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks dudes.

Post subject: Re: Question for a Flamethrower scratch build (Aliens)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:09 am 
Got a big ass gun and a can-do attitude

I built one a while ago the thread should still be on here somewhere using a couple of airsoft M16's a bit of timber and lots of filler ☺
It's a fun and quite easy build to be honest you'll have fun!!

Just had a quick look, the threads called "new project M204"

Post subject: Re: Question for a Flamethrower scratch build (Aliens)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 am 

shelby wrote:
I built one a while ago the thread should still be on here somewhere using a couple of airsoft M16's a bit of timber and lots of filler ☺
It's a fun and quite easy build to be honest you'll have fun!!

Just had a quick look, the threads called "new project M204"

I can't seem to find your thread anywhere. I'll keep an eye out though. I just stumbled across a thread actually that opened my eyes and i have a rough idea of the rear area. Hardest part to get a grip on still is, well... The grip haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Here's my build:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14481

The grip isn't actually too hard, you just need to sketch it out and cut it from wood or plastic. I made a moving trigger but you could easily make it static instead.

Good luck man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 pm 
Mad Cat

Service Number: AO3/TQ6.0.79749E8
The main handle/trigger are so plain, you could probably cut one from MDF board and skin it with styrene.

It's a boot!"

III drops