The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Alien: Resurrection - Weaponry
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:38 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
So I know a lot of people absolutely HATED "Alien: Resurrection", however I really enjoyed it!

I've been thinking a lot about it lately because I watched Alien: Covenant, so I decided to go into Covenant with the intention to compare it to Resurrection, because a lot of Alien fans think of Resurrection as the weakest link in the franchise.

Anyway, the point of this thread is not about what is good or bad about Resurrection

I'd like to hear some theories or information on the weaponry.

Most of the info I've gathered is from the "Xenopedia - AvP Wikia". However, some of the weapons don't have much information or statistics for them.

Specifically I'd like to hear suggestions or well thought out theories for these:

Zip Gun
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Zip_Gun

Attachment:
Zip Gun
DSC02503.jpg
DSC02503.jpg [ 98.51 KiB | Viewed 2582 times ]

Round Capacity?
Caliber?
Alternate purposes? - Why is it called "Zip" gun?
Comparable real world firearm?

Draco Double Burner
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Draco_Double_Burner

Attachment:
Draco Double Burner
Incinerator.jpg
Incinerator.jpg [ 872.32 KiB | Viewed 2582 times ]

Round Capacity?
Caliber?

Lacrima 99 Shock Rifle
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Lacrima_99_Shockrifle

Attachment:
Lacrima 99 Shock Rifle
Shockrifle.jpg
Shockrifle.jpg [ 253.78 KiB | Viewed 2582 times ]

Caliber?
Name origin? - Xenopedia states "It is unknown exactly what the name "Lacrima" refers to, although it could be the name of the weapon's manufacturer. The word lacrima means "tear" (as in teardrop) in Italian."

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:35 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Page 150 of Perry's book "the Weyland-Yutani Report" covers these weapons, but doesn't give much info. That may be the source of the names you've listed here.

Post subject: Re: Alien: Resurrection - Weaponry
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Thanks for the heads up, retro!

I really wish that the Weyland Yutani Report had a digital version. I have a hard time with handling books (especially large hard covered books) I've been wanting to get it for awhile!

Am I correct in assuming that the info on the AvP wiki I linked is pulled from the book?

I'm trying to reference these in my project so it would be great if I knew what needs to be explored still. I need "stats" (fire rates, capacities, caliber, etc) for these weapons, or if none are available I'd like to create them or explore them with fans.

**EDIT**

While I'm at it, does the WYR cover the black pulse rifle from A3? Is it a different variant of the M41A from Aliens, or is it considered the same, just black instead of brown?

I've always liked the idea of the black pulse rifle as being a different variant (different sound effect, no led ammo counter/black paint - covert/stealth)

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:45 pm 
Giraffes. Talk to me.

Service Number: A07/TQ0.0.52137E1
Zip guns are traditionally provises firearm built around whatever caliber round has been scrounged up.

The larger the caliber the more likely it is to take your hand off.

If you were already aware of zip gun real world origins I apologize for teaching you to suck eggs.

File under why teenage Jade should never have gotten her hands on .22LR ammunition.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:08 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Hybrid wrote:
Zip guns are traditionally provises firearm built around whatever caliber round has been scrounged up.

The larger the caliber the more likely it is to take your hand off.

If you were already aware of zip gun real world origins I apologize for teaching you to suck eggs.

File under why teenage Jade should never have gotten her hands on .22LR ammunition.

Haha! I did google Zip gun a few days ago, I updated my thread over on AvP Galaxy but forgot to update this one.

:delta: