The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:30 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

Service Number: A12/TQ1.0.72136E1
It's been a little while since we talked about this, so here are some updates.

First, I'll be running some tabletop adventures at upcoming conventions using the designs and ideas I've created, and which many of you have built upon, so I'll be creating some new materials for the Colonial Marine Raiders. This will likely include some new imagery and papers. Whatever I can squeeze into my schedule before mid August.

Second, I'm getting prices ons some more patches and physical props, so watch for that.

If anyone here would like to be featured in some drawings I'm doing of the Raiders, please send me a private message to discuss. I need photos of people in gear for one of the projects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:10 pm 
GarageGeek

I would love to see this as a water slide decal to be put on the shoulder tab. it would age a little and look painted on. Could even clear coat over it.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:46 am 
Bacon Rapscallion

seven wrote:
I would love to see this as a water slide decal to be put on the shoulder tab. it would age a little and look painted on. Could even clear coat over it.

I will check into that. It's a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:53 am 

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.82160E1
what is going to be the standard BDU for the raiders OD or tiger stripe?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:08 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

I have been noticeably absent for too long, so I'm going to work this project back into my schedule as it frees up. I'm chasing the next few patch ideas, expanding on 'Nix', creating some Marine Raider paperwork and the like. to that end I'll start with the last question asked.

the_rookie wrote:
what is going to be the standard BDU for the raiders OD or tiger stripe?

Honestly, I don't know. I like both. I agree with all reference to special forces and the 'Vietnam' look. I honestly think 'both' every time the question is asked, which isn't helpful I know. I'd be perfectly fine with an explanation which allows for both and we can all work on that together. I'd also be comfortable with a primary look and a secondary look, with one being more dominate. for this I'd love ideas and feedback. I really haven't looked at any other choices and don't want any more per se, unless black is a choice for 'night runs', but even then I don't really favor a third option. the versions that several of you have put together in realized kit are amazing, so the OD and Tiger Stripe really speak to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:15 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

Also...we need to start a 'Registry' of Marine Raiders. This would not be independent of your regular registry numbers. It would just be a subset within this wonderful orgnaization. That way I can keep track of things and even begin making additions in terms of drop patches, certificates, etc. If you've started a variant set of kit as a 'Colonial Marine Raider' and would like to be listed, please let me know.

EDIT: Examples in no particular order...

A12/TQ1.0.72136E1 Capt Pace, WT Wuxia Utah USA
A03/TQ1.0.12143G1 Pt Matzke, CP Retro Maine USA
A01/TQ0.0.12149E1 Sgt Berner, FC North Rhine-Westphalia DEU

Last edited by Yellowjacket on Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
I'm in! I love the whole idea of the Raiders.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

retrogarde wrote:
I'm in! I love the whole idea of the Raiders.

Welcome aboard.

A03/TQ1.0.12143G1 Pt Matzke, CP Retro Maine USA

Post subject: Re: Colonial Marine Raiders
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:12 pm 
MARINE RAIDER

Service Number: A01/TQ0.0.12149E1
Maaaaan - I am a Raider since 2015 - put me in! You will love my new ALIENS FAN FILM - you will love it! Raiders OVERLOAD :D!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:22 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

Burner wrote:
Maaaaan - I am a Raider since 2015 - put me in! You will love my new ALIENS FAN FILM - you will love it! Raiders OVERLOAD :D!

Welcome aboard! And thank you for including the Raiders in projects which expand the storyline.

A01/TQ0.0.12149E1 Sgt Berner, FC North Rhine-Westphalia DEU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:31 pm 
MARINE RAIDER

90% of the GER.C.M.are Raider! You've sent me a bunch of patches in the end of 2015 and I give the patches away to my group ;)

DSC05276.jpg
DSC05276.jpg [ 1.53 MiB | Viewed 3286 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:40 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

Burner wrote:
90% of the GER.C.M.are Raider! You've sent me a bunch of patches in the end of 2015 and I give the patches away to my group ;)

I love all the projects and events that your team does. It's all great stuff. Das ist eines der Dinge, die ich an dir mag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:35 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
I've been a Raider since 2015 as well. I have my paperwork to prove it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:10 am 
MARINE RAIDER

retrogarde wrote:
I've been a Raider since 2015 as well. I have my paperwork to prove it!

We are pioneers, buddy ;)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:27 pm 
Marine Raider

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.92155E1
So cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:02 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

I did not know this before, but the original Marine Raiders of WWII were the first to have the 'M1942 Frog Skin' camo. The Royal Australian forces use a similar pattern called Disruptive Pattern Camouflage.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:40 am 
Marine Raider

Yellowjacket wrote:

I did not know this before, but the original Marine Raiders of WWII were the first to have the 'M1942 Frog Skin' camo. The Royal Australian forces use a similar pattern called Disruptive Pattern Camouflage.

Love this camo! It's my second favorite camo. My friend just finished my personal camo for my USCM Raider.

Tiger stripe in similar bdu camo. Going to get some fabric printed via spoonflower and see how good it looks. I think washing and fading the color will look amazing.

IMG_20201010_193940_633.jpg
IMG_20201010_193940_633.jpg [ 344.49 KiB | Viewed 3059 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:58 am 
Bacon Rapscallion

I'm working on a bunch of new physical props to expand the theme, including official papers, patches and some other goodies. It's time to take this to another level. I'm even considering a short film project, so a lot is on the drawing board the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:59 pm 
Marine Raider

Yellowjacket wrote:
I'm working on a bunch of new physical props to expand the theme, including official papers, patches and some other goodies. It's time to take this to another level. I'm even considering a short film project, so a lot is on the drawing board the moment.

This is exciting news! Glad to be back at the right time. Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:48 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

I'm working on some custom equipment files (for 3D printing) so that the physical look of the kit will be unique to the Raiders. Basically a pairing of the familiar with the new, such as an original helmet camera and new grenades. Mostly it's the kind of stuff that fanatical fans like to have on display that demonstrates that 'next level' devotion to a fandom.

By the by...replica jackets and pants are available in the WWII styles and frog pattern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:20 am 
Bacon Rapscallion

New addition for the Nix write-up and the expansion of the Marine Raiders narrative...

U.S.S. Legatus (USCM remote garrison facility, Nix (KOI-701.04) orbit)

Legatus is an orbital military facility that garrisons ships, stores and troops of the Colonial Marines and Marine Raiders. It was built solely for this purpose and provides almost no civilian access. It is considered to be a true military ‘base’ by strict definition, so while it does house a number of civilian and scientific facilities, all of these are for private contractors focused on military aims. Legatus serves as a training facility, military deployment hub and defense platform for the Kepler-62 system.

The name ‘Legatus’ was chosen for its multiple meanings. Officers of Rome serving as high ranking generals (and ambassadors to distant embassies) were given this same title. People serving at Legatus take the spirit of the name very seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:49 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

As part of the overall narrative, it's been suggested (more than a few times) over the years that I should 'specialize' this project by making as many unique items to the idea of the Raiders as possible. To that end I've made my share of custom weapon concepts and resurrected a few ideas from other original contributors like Cobb. Very recently I got a strong hankering to create a lighter, more compact weapon to serve as a special forces variant. To that end I created this bullpen version of the Pulse rifle. I was careful to preserve as many iconic aspects of it, so that it would be recognizable in the aliens universe. For lack of a better name, I've simply been referring to it as the 'Pulse Raider'.

It's smaller. It has less visual and actual weight than a standard pulse rifle. It sacrifices a little firepower for size, but that was always a possibility to make it more compact. Other designs I've made before create plenty of variations, but this was meant to look distinct. It comes with the standard 'counter cover' and the 'short pump' grenade attachment. The classic pulse rifle is shown for scale.

I'm hoping that my brother can model this when he has a moment, so that actual print files can be made available to anyone wishing to portray a Raider in the future. I hope this will be the first of many printable props.

PACE-MarineRaiderTest.jpg
PACE-MarineRaiderTest.jpg [ 228.62 KiB | Viewed 2883 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:44 pm 
Proceed on a 2-1-6...

Service Number: A02/TQ2.0.52141E1
I remember this... I bought a couple of these patches off you years ago... perhaps as far back as 2013...

"Errr... Roger that's a 2-1-6..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 pm 
Bacon Rapscallion

My brother fleshed out my 'COLONIAL MARINE RAIDER M41-AR' concept in 3D. It's hard not to be stoked about a work of mine realized as a detailed model. Sadly the images are too big to post, but you can see them here...

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kDO9B0

for more of Andrew's work, you can visit his page here...

https://www.artstation.com/drewpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:15 am 
Marine Raider

Super cool!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next