The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Cosplay/propmaking/costuming e-book bundle - cheap!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:22 am 
Veni, vidi, bibi cerevisia

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.52130E1
I know MANY of you are experienced prop builders, painters and costumers but for those new to it or (like me) still working on improving your skills, Humble Bundle has a "Cosplay" book bundle for sale for the next 4 days that might be of interest to you. If you are not familiar with Humble Bundle, they do PC Game bundles, as well as book, comics & mobile gaming bundles every month. The prices are very reasonable, and the majority of the money goes to charity - you can choose what charity you want your payment to go to, and you can change how much of the payment goes to charity. Usually they'll have bundles worth $100-300 for payments ranging from $1-20. For example, the current PC game bundle is the Company of Heroes series and you can get the original game as well as the sequel and pretty much all the DLC for both for $10, redeemable via Steam. I've personally purchased both the Arma/Arma 2 series and a retro collection of the Star Wars games (Jedi Knight, KOTOR, Force Unleashed, etc.) and didn't have any issues with the codes to download and install them. I got like a total of two dozen games for $25-30.

This bundle is offering 14 e-books on prop building, painting & weathering, costuming, wearable electronics and cosplay in general for a payment of $15. If you want to check it out and see what's included the link is https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cosplay-book-bundle. Some of it isn't going to be useful as far as Aliens props and armor goes, but for only $15 and the fact that most of the money is going to charity I figured it was worth it.

scoff