The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: Biehn autograph
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:32 am 

Here`s the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeBtcFvOPU0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:08 pm 
Ready to Rock & Roll!

Service Number: A08/TQ2.0.72136E1
elementry wrote:
While costumed, he refused to do anything with us. At Pensacon, there was also a private photographer that was booking personal timeslots with celebrities for photos. We asked if he would prefer that and that we would pay extra. Again, he specifically told us 'no'.

I guess celebs have the final say in granting any permissions, but it might have been a good idea to report it to the organisers on the day.

"I'd like to die at the age of 80 in my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my c**k."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:23 pm 

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.12129E1
to play devil's advocate here, maybe he has been told to avoid any 'aliens' or 'colonial marine' exposure ??? due to the proposed film

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:55 pm 

Could be. Things get pretty weird when it comes to studio projects :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:43 pm 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
He's got some foresight then - he's been like this for five years or more... ;)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:48 pm 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
Pug50 wrote:
He's got some foresight then - he's been like this for five years or more... ;)

Every time ive seen him for sure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:56 pm 

You mean "nasty" ?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:10 pm 

Moloch wrote:
You do realise that he`s come out publicly as a dry alcoholic ?

What is a "dry alcoholic" ? Because when I saw him I knew he was not under influence this time but noticing how his face was swollen made me think he was not "dry" !
What I thought is that he could not resist our famous Belgian beers !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:29 pm 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
Nasty no I would not say that more of a I really don't want to be here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:38 pm 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
I'm really sorry about your experience elementry.

All I can say is alcoholism can wreak havoc with ones moods. My mother is a recovering alcoholic. It changed her when she drank. She became the total opposite of her normal self. She would become mean, distant and manipulative.

When we met Michael in Calgary in April 2014 he was fine. I had heard he could be stand-offish so I was prepared to not expect much but he surpassed my expectations. He definitely was the most quiet of the cast that was in attendance but he was nice to us and posed for a photo with me at his table (and yes I was in costume!)

By the sounds of what he told you ( not doing characters from movies) it sounds like maybe he was depressed? No idea why he would be with the buzz about Alien 5.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:47 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
(Unless Michael hadn't been contacted, lied to save face and was resenting the reminder when he saw folks dressed as Colonial Marines...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:52 am 

I just met him at Pensacon as well and he was cool as hell. Easy going and polite. Signed my pulse rifle and took a picture. Even suggested we take a few extras in case it didn't turn out good

IMG_20150228_105938.jpg
IMG_20150228_105938.jpg [ 573.83 KiB | Viewed 6596 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:40 pm 

I really don't know what to think about that. Maybe Biehn just didn't like the costumes very much and didn't want to be on a picture with the group. Or he simply had a bad day. Whenever I see interviews of him, I think he is a very intelligent and sad person. I like him. I hope he can win his fight against his addiction.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:45 pm 

warrenhouck wrote:
I just met him at Pensacon as well and he was cool as hell. Easy going and polite. Signed my pulse rifle and took a picture. Even suggested we take a few extras in case it didn't turn out good

I think that's because he was worried he would get beat up if he showed an attitude... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:55 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
I hate to suggest it, but it is possible he just doesn't respect grown ups who play 'dress-up'. What I am seeing/hearing/experiencing is a totally different attitude from him toward 'fans' (who he seems to love) and 'fans in costume' (who seem to annoy him).

While costuming has seemingly taken huge leaps into the mainstream lately, it doesn't mean the stereotype of the trek-nerd with Vulcan ears in his mom's basement has been tossed away. Perhaps he is still of the old school 'macho-man' mentality and doesn't see the costumes as homages, but rather signs of immaturity which he does not feel comfortable with.

Not saying I am convinced that is what it is (in fact I would hope it is not), I am just suggesting something far simpler than dealing with personal demons may be at play here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:18 pm 

My thougts exactly, Bigbisont. :like:

With the Xeno in that kind of trapping device the group looks rather funny. I think that's okay but it's not exactly the Sci-Fi-Horror Approach to Aliens. Maybe Biehn simply isn't a fan of that and that's the reason he didn't want to be on a picture with you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:55 pm 
Lifer

In 2009, when we all met him at Dcon, we were all dressed in our USCM garb. Dom asked if he could take a picture sitting with him and Biehn said something like "With you dressed like that you can take as many pictures as you like."

I think he may have been having a very bad day with elementry's experience- or he has reverted to his old ways.

I also had to look up "dry alcoholic" and it is essentially someone who while is sober and no longer drinks still exhibits the behaviour of someone who is drunk or with a perpetual hangover- grouchy, irritable, mood swings etc.

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:00 pm 
AKKURAZI

He should actually always sign stuff (that has been agreed upon by con/actor management beforehand) if it's a fan-paid deal on a con he attends, because then he's getting paid to do just that, it's a contractual obligation.
If he doesn't comply then, he's a dick and breaks his contract.

Other than that...leave the decision to the man.
It's his pic you are demanding being taken and his personal signature. If he doesn't like giving either, his motives for not doing it shouldn't ever be questioned.

The pics here showing him with (partially costumed) fans are proof enough that from time to time, he gives us opportunity to fangasm wildly. If he should say no once in a while, accept it and don't crucify the man. It's none of our business if he was/is an alcoholic or sacrifices children to Satan. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03 pm 
Perfect Organism

Service Number: A96/TQ1.8.34962E2
MandaloreSC wrote:
With the Xeno in that kind of trapping device the group looks rather funny. I think that's okay but it's not exactly the Sci-Fi-Horror Approach to Aliens.

On the contrary - it's probably about the only way to even attempt some sort of realism in performance for a xeno - unrestrained you might need to follow through and attack members of the public! Without such measures, an Alien has to act tame until they find a target who's willing to respond to mindgames... :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:11 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.72151E1
Pug50 wrote:
MandaloreSC wrote:
With the Xeno in that kind of trapping device the group looks rather funny. I think that's okay but it's not exactly the Sci-Fi-Horror Approach to Aliens.

On the contrary - it's probably about the only way to even attempt some sort of realism in performance for a xeno - unrestrained you might need to follow through and attack members of the public! Without such measures, an Alien has to act tame until they find a target who's willing to respond to mindgames... :D

The reason for the capture gear is less 'cosplay' and more practicality for us. What you don't see is the back side of the cage. On the back, it has supports that literally lifts the tail and suspends it. The WeYu behind has another capture pole that holds the entire weight of the tail, dorsal fins and cage so that the person inside the suit isn't being physically destroyed after being in it for a few hours. The capture pole in front is for guiding the alien through cramped convention areas and to help with stairs. Practicality!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:16 am 
Mobile Mayhem

Service Number: A10/TQ1.O.32157E1
I think your group looks fantastic, so I'm baffled as to why you guys were snubbed. I'd chalk it up to catching him in an "off" moment.

Read the AL Charter Rules & Regulations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i3gd9QUyIqI_6rfk8kpxspbKU-JT4MBAjLPxfCkvGJ8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 am 

SSgt Burton wrote:
In 2009, when we all met him at Dcon, we were all dressed in our USCM garb. Dom asked if he could take a picture sitting with him and Biehn said something like "With you dressed like that you can take as many pictures as you like."

I think he may have been having a very bad day with elementry's experience- or he has reverted to his old ways.

I also had to look up "dry alcoholic" and it is essentially someone who while is sober and no longer drinks still exhibits the behaviour of someone who is drunk or with a perpetual hangover- grouchy, irritable, mood swings etc.

Kevin

Thx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:40 pm 
I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL...

Service Number: A12/TQ2.0.82145E1
Pug50 wrote:
MandaloreSC wrote:

And sometimes just ones who scream...

Me and Tony got a pic in armour with him last LFCC. I really think hes just one of those people who has off days. Or even off minutes. I had a very quick chat with him a few years ago, and he actually went mid sentence from being a bit quiet and aloof to friendly and chatty. The conversation did go from film to going out though - I wonder if he is someone who just sees acting as work - and gets bored quickly with talking about it.

"There are very few problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:12 pm 

Bumping an older thread here but I was fortunate enough to meet Mr Biehn at the MCM London Comicon last month. He was a real gent and was happy to spend a good few minutes just having a chat with me before he even thought to sign anything.

He was sitting next to Letitia Wright (Shuri from Black Panther and Infinity War) and was having quite bit of banter with her because he kept borrowing all of her pens leaving her with nothing to sign her own autographs.

Like Bigbisont mentioned above, I suggest you go with a quote in mind because I was drawing an absolute blank as I stood in the queue waiting to meet him ... and I was trying to think of two, one from Aliens and Terminator. Eventually I went with "Stay Frosty" and "Come with me if you want to live" - Michael told me that they are his most requested quotes lol.

The conversation went back and forth across a lot of his movies, Tombstone, Abyss, Terminator and lastly Aliens. He mentioned that he always had more fun playing the villains but it was the hero parts that brought in the money - and he added with a smile that those were the ones his agent was always keen for him to look at.

On the subject of Aliens, he thought it was a real shame that the Alien 5 had been effectively blocked by Ridley as Sigourney and Blomkamp had both invested so much time and energy into the project (approx. a year). Especially as Covenant ended up being a bit of a disappointment financially which he thought probably meant the end of the run of prequel movies. He wasn't sure what that would mean for the franchise as a whole but guessed that the studio might let it lie dormant for a bit or maybe consider a sequel to Aliens (rather than Alien prequel) next time. I asked him if he thought that an Aliens sequel could mean a revival of Blomkamp's Alien 5 and he replied with an absolute poker face ... 'maybe' haha.

I told him that the Aliens fans I interact with would love to see Blomkamp's proposed Alive 5 and the chance to see Hicks, Ripley and Newt in action once again against the alien. He said he would be happy to give Hicks a proper send-off.

Michael was in a real positive mood and was clearly enjoying meeting the fans. It's always a bit scary meeting an onscreen hero of yours but I'm glad to report that for me it turned out to be a great experience.

Next month I'm hoping to meet Lance Henriksen (Bishop) and William Hope (Gorman) at the July London Comicon. Until then, Bravomite signing off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:28 pm 

Service Number: A09/TQ1.0.32134E1
I managed to meet him at MCM Birmingham, though it was the end of the day and I couldn't stay to try and chat before heading off for my train. I did get to talk to his assistant while waiting for him to return to the table though and she indicated that it was the convention organisers that didn't want him having pictures taken at the table. Perhaps because he was one of the major draws and they didn't want to slow down the line, or maybe they wanted their cut of the professional photo sessions (the Dr Who and Blakes 7 actor would take photos). I didn't ask for a quote but he added 'Stay Frosty' when he signed the picture of Hicks.