The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post subject: Re: Biehn autograph
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 pm 

When I met him at Knoxville's 2017 FanBoy Expo, Mr. Biehn wasn't feeling well and was leaving just as it was my turn to get the M-41A signed, and he was leaving the booth to go back to his hotel. Despite this, he stayed and chatted with me for about five minutes. I came back the next day and both he and his wife remembered me and chatted again for several minutes. When I was in Carry Henn's booth, he and his wife came over to visit her, and the four of us again ended up chatting for several minutes. In short, he and his wife seemed very friendly, but that's not to make light or take difference with the experience of others.

Honestly, the Expo last year and meeting all of you that I met there, plus meeting cast-members of Aliens, is definitely one of the best days of my life, as in like top-5 days. Thank you all. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:32 am 

Service Number: A05/TQ2.0.32141E1
Meet us again in a couple of weeks. I should have plenty of photos from my Guatemala trip this week starting Tuesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:57 pm 
Officers - Making simple s**t hard since 1775

Service Number: A07/TQ1.0.52135E1
Just reading the comments here, from what I can gather and based on my own experience and stories I've heard from other costumers, a lot of his varying attitude may be down to how much he's been drinking on the day, or how hung over he was from the night before (it appears he has a problem with the bottle).

Clearly he hasn't taken too favourably to over-enthusiastic Aliens fans in the past, but now they appear to be his main source of income he seems to have warmed to us somewhat.

As you may know, a group of us (consisting of members of Reel Icons and UKCM) managed to blag a publicity photo with him earlier this year and he seemed perfectly happy to pose with us and even chatted to some of us briefly.

michael-biehn.jpg
michael-biehn.jpg [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 1562 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:58 pm 

Biehn has talked about his struggles with alcohol in the past (his testimonial is on Youtube). I don't know if I would really hold it against him to be honest.

As an example, bipolar disorder - you can go to these events or any public function and be right as rain on the day and excitable as one goes through the high and be fine and dandy with folks, and literally next day it can be like a light switch as one goes through the low, everything closes in, you want to be there but mentally really don't and feel panicked, and feel worse when folks just think one is cranky. The cycling between the two can be rapid. One can get treatment for it that levels all this out. Unfortunately if you don't, one side effect is alcoholism. It may not have been the main cause and perhaps something underlying.

Of course I don't know anything about Biehn, just what has been posted before in the past about when other folks have met him at cons and I'm just saying that we don't always know the full picture with someone. I post the above as his mannerisms at cons have been brought up in this thread and others. What I can say is that I met him at Fanboy in Knoxville last year, and he was very polite, shook my hand, and I was very grateful for him (especially as he wasn't well) and the other cast members for coming along to Knoxville. It was a blast meeting someone that has been in so many movies I have grown up with over the years. Great time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:26 am 
Libo Buddy

Service Number: A06/TQ0.0.52139E1
Just met Mr. Beihn @ San Fran Comic Con last week. Me and my wife were in the elevator before the con going up to our room when the door opened and he was standing right there waiting for the elevator to go down. I had the biggest grin on my face and my wife was laughing at me and Mr. Beihn pointed to the Colonial Marine armor I was lugging up to my room and said " I recognize that" and laughed as the door closed lol.

When we met him down at his table he was very nice and actually held up the line talking with me and my wife about a possible Alien 5. He did sign my poster and my wifes armor and took several pic's with us. I have heard from friends about his past behavior but this go around he seemed really nice and friendly (at least with us).

1st Marine Battalion
29 Palms, Ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:15 pm 

Service Number: A01/TQ2.0.42137E1
I had him sign my shotgun. Said it was the only one he'd signed (that was a couple of years ago).