The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:03 am 

Service Number: A10/TQ0.0.82146E1
Colony desk lamp (as seen in Ops and the Medbay Propstore [past] auction here )
Attachment:
lamp01.jpg
lamp01.jpg [ 975.59 KiB | Viewed 2710 times ]

Looks to be a 'Sintesi' model desk lamp by Ernesto Gismondi for Artemide of Italy.
Pretty sure the movie version was the white lamp with its base painted black.

Sadly, these are rare-ish and go for lots of dollars. Would have been cheaper to pick the one from last years auction[2022] :shock: :roll: :(

Post subject: Re: Ultimate "Found Item" prop list (and printable check lis
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:39 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
bigbisont wrote:
So in all seriousness, what are the odds we can buckle down and find this dang thing? Or has it already been positively ID'd and I missed it?

Attachment:
The attachment Wire Elbow.jpg is no longer available

It is crazy unique with that design.

There has been some news in facebook from Doug McCarthy as relayed to him by Mark (who actually built, among other things, the smartgunner headset units!)
According to Mark, some of the highlights include:
-Eye piece was made by him, molded and vac-formed. NOT a 'found item', so we can all stop looking for vintage video camera eye-pieces.
-Two eye-pieces for each actor. One with the hole to keep normal vision and one with a painted-on screen.

-The coiled wire came from "stuff they had laying around in Terry Reid's workshop" at Pinewood.

-The mysterious end "T" piece connector of the cable...ALSO scratch built. NOT a 'found item'.
He recalls they were constructed of "EMA Parts" (supply plastic shapes and domes that are used in film model making). Seems we will never find one...unless one of you loonies wants to try and figure out what specific EMA parts were used!?...

Harry also posted this photo in that discussion thread which seems to display the raw plastic nature of the scratch-built device.
Attachment:
facebook_1679084652846_7042591475778501426.jpg
facebook_1679084652846_7042591475778501426.jpg [ 62.52 KiB | Viewed 2705 times ]

So barring a crazy EMA hunt the search for these can end. They aren't out there. (sad face)
Still fun stuff and great to know, tho!

Post subject: Re: Ultimate "Found Item" prop list (and printable check lis
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:04 pm 

bigbisont wrote:
The mysterious end "T" piece connector of the cable... ...unless one of you loonies wants to try and figure out what specific EMA parts were used!?...
So barring a crazy EMA hunt the search for these can end.

I've emailed them (and have been trolling their website, but I suspect the part is a discontinued one). I'll post up here if I found anything useful.

Post subject: Re: Ultimate "Found Item" prop list/hunt(printable checklist
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:39 pm 

I notice this piece is nearly identical to the headband attachment point of the ITEX.
As if it clipped to a similar headband.

Headset_Piece01.jpg
Headset_Piece01.jpg [ 135.66 KiB | Viewed 2702 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:20 pm 

Nice! Yup, I'm [now] thinking the same. Good spotting.
Could still be some other random piece from elsewhere, but I'd not surprised if some of the ITEX pegs snapped off, and someone when "Hmmm".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5