The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:36 am 

Maybe it's the chow line.

Ripley - I'll have the kim chi soup with pork.
Hicks - Beef bul-go-gi for me.
:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's A L I E N movie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:55 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.12129E1
i'm not impressed to be honest, part of the appeal was the 'low tech' grungy marine look, but it looks like he is going the fully armoured 'space marine' direction, I was hoping to see the same sort of look as in aliens, that pic has disappointed me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:48 am 

gunny63 wrote:
i'm not impressed to be honest, part of the appeal was the 'low tech' grungy marine look, but it looks like he is going the fully armoured 'space marine' direction, I was hoping to see the same sort of look as in aliens, that pic has disappointed me

Agreed. I wouldn`t give up hope just yet though as Alien Isolation has certainly proven how that spirit can be picked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:15 pm 
Victim

Service Number: A86/TQ3.4.49421E3
Do we know how long after Aliens this is going to be set?
Could explain the more advanced Marine look maybe?

you can't take the PUNK outa Spunkmeyer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:46 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
I'm not too worried about the advanced Korean trooper. He could be some kind of elite unit and they can still maintain the 'grunge' of the universe. Now if the film is filled with wave after wave of this kind of guy and that is the 'new normal', then I suppose that might not fit the atmosphere. Way too early to judge just yet.

All that aside, I think that headline is taking a mighty big leap. Just because a new pretty picture came out doesn't mean things are actually "going very well"! Biehn just did an interview 2 weeks ago where he said he wasn't even officially in yet! He was confident he would be, but no deals were actually in place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:33 am 

Just 'cos the Koreans look like the guys from Halo, doesn't mean USCM don't still look like they did in Aliens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:32 pm 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... sed-809786

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:22 am 

http://www.scified.com/site/alien5/neil ... -continues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:05 pm 

Hi,
I was at the Sheffield Film and Comic Con at the weekend and Michael Biehn pretty much confirmed his involvement in a talk he gave, but said he is yet to see a script.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:30 pm 

Interesting news overnight being picked up by different sources. I saw the mention of the term 'development hell' and got nervous but reading a few different articles the delay in production is being driven by P2s production.
It means that we might be looking at a 2018 release. They wouldn't want to push it back too much as the rumoured principal cast aren't getting any younger.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33574 ... g-patient/

Darrah Hanley

Facebook: Aliens: The Serial (alienstheserial)
Email: alienstheserial@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:52 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
Blomkamp refuted that on Twitter today. There's no delay on the film, and "development hell" is simply Bloody Disgusting confusing their own opinions for facts.

We don't want a rushed production again, right? LEt them get a fantastic script sorted and THEN set a release date, otherwise it's Alien3 all over again.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:03 pm 

retrogarde wrote:
Blomkamp refuted that on Twitter today. There's no delay on the film, and "development hell" is simply Bloody Disgusting confusing their own opinions for facts.

We don't want a rushed production again, right? LEt them get a fantastic script sorted and THEN set a release date, otherwise it's Alien3 all over again.

Thanks for the clarity. I don't have twitter so I'm limited to the normal news channels. It is such a highly anticipated project with such a large community waiting for any nugget of news that certain outlets will attempt to leverage that fact to get sites visits increased.

I agree that the script is crucial to the ongoing longevity of the franchise (at least on screen). I’m sure that most of us would be willing to wait as long as required to get a finished film that is on the same level of perfection as the first two.

Darrah Hanley

Facebook: Aliens: The Serial (alienstheserial)
Email: alienstheserial@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:55 am 

Boooooo:

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/statu ... 5353951236

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:00 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Ridley just could take having someone else in the spotlight. Nobody cares about his lame Prometheus crap, but now that's what we'll get instead of Blomkamp's film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:25 pm 

Yeah, this is a wicked bummer that it's getting pushed back, Prometeus 2 isn't supposed to come out until 2017. Ridley is listed as an executive produced for A5, so he'll do as he pleases :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:29 pm 
Harvester of Sorrow

Service Number: A04/TQ1.0.32156E1
Hopefully they are just making sure the stories all mix in with each other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:20 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Prometheus took the biggest dump on the series out of any of the spinoffs and sequels. I don't need any continuity with it as all he's likely to do is muck things up even more the closer he tries to tie it into Alien. What happened to his "no more dragons" concept? He was set to move away from Alien and create a new mythology... until Blomkamp grabbed all the attention.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:35 am 

retrogarde wrote:
Prometheus took the biggest dump on the series out of any of the spinoffs and sequels. I don't need any continuity with it as all he's likely to do is muck things up even more the closer he tries to tie it into Alien. What happened to his "no more dragons" concept? He was set to move away from Alien and create a new mythology... until Blomkamp grabbed all the attention.

It's classic victim of your own success George Lucas syndrome. Nobody wants to tell Ridley the dreaded word, "no," as in "No Ridley. That idea is idiotic and fucks everything up."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:10 am 

Which is where he fails!! I completely agree that Prometheus was a huge miss and I blame that on Lindelof ruining a largely superior script from Spaiht's. That said...I still have hope to see a film of what Prometheus should have been. I want that biomechanical nightmare world!

That said, Blomkamp isn't the strongest of writers himself so it might be nice to give them time to really get the Alien 3.2 script nailed down properly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:25 am 

Corp_Hicks wrote:
Which is where he fails!! I completely agree that Prometheus was a huge miss and I blame that on Lindelof ruining a largely superior script from Spaiht's. That said...I still have hope to see a film of what Prometheus should have been. I want that biomechanical nightmare world!

That said, Blomkamp isn't the strongest of writers himself so it might be nice to give them time to really get the Alien 3.2 script nailed down properly.

District 9 was surprisingly good. Elysium was a let down. What should have been a kick ass movie was turned into an idiotic political jerk off movie with a setup that made no sense when you actually took two seconds to think about how forced and backwards it was. Blompkampf admitted the movie turned poorly, which is surprisingly refreshing. Chappie again should have been a kick ass movie but was instead ruined by those two morons of Die Antwerd fame. Ergo, I'm not super disappointed that Blomkampf isn't able to push it into production right now. He's hit or miss.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:37 pm 

I share this opinion. I've seen these 3 Bloomkamp movies too and I can't say I'm very optimistic about Alien 5. Especially Chappie is a really dump and trashy movie. Not sure Bloomkamp is the right man for such a project. After Alien 4 and the 2 AVP movies it is about time to stop this downward spiral of the franchise. I believe Fox doesn't believe in Bloomkamp either. His movies were not sucessfull at the box office, so I'm suprised they gave green light about this project.

I was very happy a few years back when I first read about Prometheus. But I think this movie was part of the downward spiral too, exlaining mysteries that didn't need to be explained. I believe James Cameron would be the right man for a new Alien movie but I don't think he will ever touch that franchise again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:55 am 

http://deadline.com/2015/11/the-gone-wo ... 201618007/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:21 am 

Service Number: A07/TQ2.0.12129E1
Well that's killed that then!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:31 am 

I wouldn't put the nail in Alien 5's coffin yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:46 am 
Prop Churner Outer

I actually really enjoyed Elysium, so even if Chappie is bad (haven't seen it) Blomkamp is still ahead of the game for me. Does Alien5 have a future? I still hope so. Sigourney and Michael have wide open schedules, but the clock is ticking. Fox would be foolish to miss the chance to do this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next