The discussion of the Alien series of films and the props used in them is the aim, but if it's got Big Bugs and Big Guns, then they are welcome too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:46 pm 

Quote:
I want this film to feel like, like it is literally the genetic sibling of Aliens. So it's "Alien," "Aliens," this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8os-I ... e=youtu.be

Post subject: Re: A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's A L I E N movie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:19 pm 

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see a return of Ripley and Hicks as much as you all do. And I wish this new story would take place after Aliens. But I think this won't happen. For FOX this is a Quadrology (if we like part 3 and 4 or not) and I believe they won't allow Bloomkamp to make an "Alternate Alien 3". So I think the main character of this new movie will be the Clone Ripley we know from Alien Ressurection - not the real one who died in Alien 3. No Hicks, no Newt. When Bloomkamp says his movie will be in a line with Alien and Aliens, I think he's talking about the atmosphere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:35 am 
Prop Churner Outer

Service Number: A03/TQ1.0.12143G1
In the Entertainment Weekly interview he said he worked with Sigourney to adapt her ideas into his story, and she just recently said she had no interest in continuing from where A:R left off. So what does that all mean? I have no idea.

Right here in the forum James Moore, the author of the second Alien novel from Titan last year revealed that Fox was *really* close to ditching the last two films but at the last moment decided to move his book to after A:R. We all know novels and comics don't count for shit, but that new expensive Weyland-Yutani Files book is set after A:R as well...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:33 am 

When Sigourney Weaver says in that little interview that she's really interested in finishing the story about Ripley, I believe she's talking about the clone Ripley, because the real one is dead already. The talks about Ripley hanging around in the orbit - that's the final sequence of A:R.

I would love it if they would really ditch those last two movies. I like David Finchers movies, but Alien 3 was a nightmare that ruined the happy end of Aliens by killing Hicks and Newt. And A:R is a movie I really wish would'nt exist. And who's to blame? FOX - I think their studip dicissions turned the franchise into a downward spiral with the final point of AVP2.
Ditching Alien 3 and A:R would be a good compansation by FOX for everything they did with this franchise since Aliens. Let's just hope that is more than just wishful thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:38 am 
Pint of AB negative please

Service Number: A09/TQ2.0.12136E1
Alien3 is a great movie

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:17 am 

nocternus wrote:
Alien3 is a great movie

It is. Still, James Cameron was quoted how respectful a sequel needs to be to it`s predecessor. Alien 3 was anything but respectul to Aliens. Like many others I still remember my disappointment at the sudden deaths of Hicks and Newt and I remember my bewilderment at Ripley`s weird decisions throughout. Alien 3 is a good movies on it`s own (espcially the bleakness and hopelessness). It just wasn`t good for the flow of the continuity after Aliens.
From what I see (and that might be wishful thinking) Blomkamp feels the same and I have trouble accepting that this might become reality as it looks so incredibly good. After so many disappointments with the franchise I am with Bigbisont - carefully optimistic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:22 pm 

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/25/811098 ... ney-weaver yahoo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:00 pm 

As for Hicks and Newt people die in these movies As for respect it may not have been respectful to Aliens but it was in my opinion respectful to Alien

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:25 pm 
Expendable

Service Number: A05/TQ0.0.52155E1
nocternus wrote:
As for Hicks and Newt people die in these movies As for respect it may not have been respectful to Aliens but it was in my opinion respectful to Alien

Exactly. To survive fury 161, Ripley had to do it by herself, and she could because she is strong. Had hicks survived, it would have been hicks coming to the rescue and the relationship with Dillon wouldn't have been the same.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:42 pm 
THAT guy

Service Number: A03/TQ2.0.02146E1
Regardless how good it is on its own merit, it is hard to get over first impressions. The first impression it gave me was kicking me square in the nuts in the first 5 mins and flushing all the good vibes from the end of Aliens right down the toilet. I understand why it was necessary for the story, but I was not expecting that at all and it made a lasting impression in a negative way.

That said, it has been a long time since I have seen it (I have been carrying a grudge). I am probably way overdue for giving it another go with a more open mind. I am actually a bit embarrassed to say I still have not seen the extended cut that is supposed to be much better than the theatrical cut.

But back on topic, I don't think they will just do away with 3 & resurrection. With Fincher now being a "star" I don't think they would risk 'insulting his ego' by pretending his work never happened. Hollywood probably isn't 'loyal' like that per say, but there is no point taking the risk of burning bridges. The writers will figure something out. I just hope it is good.

EDIT: and I guess they are pretending A:3 and A:R never happened after all!...

Last edited by bigbisont on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:29 pm 

I don't remember where I heard it but I believe james Cameron said in an interview or in a commentary . It's so cool to develop great characters ... Then some one comes along and kills them ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:44 pm 

http://collider.com/neill-blomkamp-criticizes-elysium/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:53 am 

Quote:
But back on topic, I don't think they will just do away with 3 & resurrection. With Fincher now being a "star" I don't think they would risk 'insulting his ego' by pretending his work never happened. Hollywood probably isn't 'loyal' like that per say, but there is no point taking the risk of burning bridges. The writers will figure something out. I just hope it is good.

I'm sure Fincher would be okay with that. I believe there's no one on this planet hating Alien³ more than him. The making must have been a nightmare for him. In some interviews he doesn't want to talk about that movie anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:37 am 
Prop Churner Outer

To back up Bigbisont's point:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/02/26/blo ... urrection/

It'll take some creative writting to be sure, but it hopefully will be more than just fan service this way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:46 pm 

- I gotta a bad feeling about this film.
- You always say that Frost you always say I gotta a bad feeling about this film.
- Well, if its another lets milk the bull sequel... I'll call your folks.

/J

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:38 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:19 am 

See that's the sort of thing that annoys me its like saying if we like Alien 3 or resurrection then we are not fans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:53 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

It's still early days folks. We need to be patient and see what comes of it. I for one am sick of every amateur blogger acting like they have some amazing insight. We all have exactly the same info. Let Chappie come out and then they can focus on making a new Alien film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:44 pm 

http://collider.com/alien-sequel-neill-blomkamp/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:54 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Same info as the link I shared. But where is this guy getting "4 years"?? That's foolish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:57 pm 

Well if what he says is true all is well with me lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:01 pm 
Prop Churner Outer

Me too Kris. I couldn't care less about A:R as it takes place so far after Aliens, but A3 has really grown on me and I don't really want to discount it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:46 pm 

retrogarde wrote:
Me too Kris. I couldn't care less about A:R as it takes place so far after Aliens, but A3 has really grown on me and I don't really want to discount it.

Agreed, Weaver is on a talk show here in the UK tonight I wonder if she will mention anything

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:46 am 

MandaloreSC wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see a return of Ripley and Hicks as much as you all do. And I wish this new story would take place after Aliens. But I think this won't happen. For FOX this is a Quadrology (if we like part 3 and 4 or not) and I believe they won't allow Bloomkamp to make an "Alternate Alien 3". So I think the main character of this new movie will be the Clone Ripley we know from Alien Ressurection - not the real one who died in Alien 3. No Hicks, no Newt. When Bloomkamp says his movie will be in a line with Alien and Aliens, I think he's talking about the atmosphere.

Fox wants to make money. A genuine Aliens sequel could stand to make them a lot of money.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:15 pm 

I agree with that. It would make the majority of the fans happy and it would be great for the franchise, because Alien³ made it impossible to make new movies involving the great main characters of Aliens.

On the other hand it would be a confession of management failure if they would dump Alien³. But not only the management. It was Sigourney Weavers dicission that she wanted her character to die. The original script had a suriving Officer Ripley. It was her decission and that's why I never liked her return in A:R. That's why I've asked in my first posting why an Alien Movie always needs Sigourney Weaver in the leading role?

My favorite solution would be: A new movie set after Alien³ with some great young main characters, involving Colonial Marines and Way-Yu-Mercenaries. In the spirit of the Colonial Marines game, but with a more clever story and stronger main characters. I'd love to see that. Bloomkamps paintings are beautiful and inspiring. But Ripley, Hicks and Newt are dead and the actors are much to old to return to their roles in a movie set after Aliens.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next